Anyone use fairings? Why not...?

neptronix said:
It has one!

I only see a mesh back; the seat looks like a foam padded type with a partial nose.

The seat itself has to be the suspended mesh type to make the differences I'm talking about (which also include doing a better job of form-fitting/supporting the butt than the foam saddles do, at least for me).

The mesh back just lets air flow past better to keep your back cooler, and might help keep your back from being pounded if you're leaning / pushing bakc on it during bumps.

On the Vanguard, at least early production, it's suspended not only from the side rails, but also from the front center by a strut that's fixed to the top tube under the seat and attaches to the front of the seat; it rotates freely up and down, so it's down until you sit in the seat, and then it comes up between your legs as your weight pulls the seat fabric down and back. It sounds like trouble for male anatomy, but it's fine, you'd have to be sitting straight up to have that problem. It's really very comfortable, keeps the seat bottom from sagging towards them middle without needing to be overly taut.

LeftieBiker said:
I've started using an Ebay-sourced universal motorcycle windhield. In this case I want it to block the wind, and it does so surprisingly well. Pre-fairing I couldn't ride in ambient temps below about 38F. Now, with the windshield on, I can ride down to a few degrees below Freezing. Wind hasn't been a problem, so far - it's very stable. And it's a quick remove type, although it uses hex screws rather than nobs.

GJiXLZf.jpg

Can you point out the specific fairing you purchased on Ebay? It looks like it fits your Magnum well and should fit my Metro+ too. I was thinking of doing the same but hadn't found one I liked. Thanks!

Back