nicobie said:So you are saying that you work for a company that is in competition with LFP?
Hi Sir, our team don'T need to be on competition. Our work proves to be successful! 99% customers are happy and other 1% are small issues or a "complicated customer"
For moments I got confused about LFP meaning.. I searched google and got result "The lithium iron phosphate battery (LFP (lithium ferro-phosphate), or Li-IP) is a type of lithium-ion battery using lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4)"
Soo U're talkin about LiFe batteries and competition!
As a professional, our team handled more than 2k batteries, and guess? about 99% lithium and the other 1% are LiFePO4..
soo there is a tendency at market to go on regular lithium instead of LiFe.. but we don't know why..
LiFe are better, safer, a lot more cycles , more current output, super fast charge exmple 10min check A123. Buttt seems the market is not going to make it standard as soon..
I think that LiFe is amazing solution, but cons are up to x2-x3 size to get same capacity as lithium, x2 to x3 initial price investment compared to normal Lithium (at long time LiFe save x3 money, but if u PAY x3 time more at beginning and have three times more life span, it's racio is similar to buy three lithium batteries for same propose..just sayin. more pollution..)
Normal Lithium applies to most customers because lower initial investment. do you prefer to pay at front 1000eur + taxes, or your prefere to pay 3 times 333eur+ tax(and save 1 eur less taxes) over 10years or more period?
I like LiFe technology, are very safe (lithium goes easy on fire but LiFe are stable to many aggressive tests ) but it could need more development to increase energy density, and lower the cost to half. maybe in some years from now it become reality ..
(at a near future), the LiPo and new 4680 elon musK cells(patented, 100yrs life time says musk..) those could rule tha world!
five times energy, six times power.. seems a Duracell old school advertise
is there Lithium Polymers LiPo cells at 18650 format? (conspiracy)
but also believe in hydrogen cells