Are 3.7 8ah LiPo batteries 25c 200A super cells good for ebike

HK12K when got the battery hookup website can you tell how get a hold Mike Poff is the 3rd vedio he made a 20s battery case and said he was on eBay I can't find him ? Or someone else.

999zip999 said:
I was just following this thread but I will follow up here and let you know when the batteries here I and what's going on what shape but they seem too cheap to be true which is I don't know. But there's some reason there's a ton of these to be sold new and used

They are surplus cells from hybrid buses. There are a ton of them out there used.
These have been selling for several years now.
My last purchase in January I got them for about $2/cell at batteryclearinghouse.com.
His prices have more than doubled since then.
FYI date-codes on my last batch varied from between 2013 and 2016.
Of the 80 cells I've purchased I've only had two bad (they lost their seal)....ebay vendor replaced them no questions asked.
I ended up selling about 30 on craigslist for MORE than I paid for all 80 cells!
PS: Cells I bought are in US. It took only a few days to get them from batteryclearinghouse.

Yea they always searching for deals on batteries to resell it's a family business. He said they can get tons I got new ones with holder. They said they snap together ? Will see.
Battery hookup.

Ok order on Friday and received on Thursday . 36new 4 used of the four one has a small dent like a corner of a plastic box was indented on it . Yes they have holders so no touch and can be bolted as one with threaded stock. They are a little big for most bikes as 20s and 20s2p ? May just use as 15s 2p for 1,500watt dd motors like a leaf or bbhd stlye.

How are you all attaching these together? I'm going with grommets for a 3s2p pack I'm making for a general purpose 12v bank. I'll use it for starting a pump, a lawn tractor and probably my truck as well as running an inverter and possibly other less amperage use. My next packs I'll probably modify Mike Poff's pack brackets for my needs and use aluminum and bolts. I was wondering if anyone tried spot welding or other methods and how well they hold up. I was thinking 3D printed clips or something for easier replacement or reconfiguration.

Anybody got a datashet for this cell? i have seen it... The real sheet.. did not save it to my drive.

They are maganese Li-ion? something likte that? i do not think they were "Bus EV " cells...I think that is hearsay and wrong.

I have heard they were test cells that were never used.. the new batch... from BHU.. info.... but still no sheet.

Gonna build mine soon.

DogDipstick said:
Anybody got a datashet for this cell? i have seen it... The real sheet.. did not save it to my drive.

They are maganese Li-ion? something likte that? i do not think they were "Bus EV " cells...I think that is hearsay and wrong.

I have heard they were test cells that were never used.. the new batch... from BHU.. info.... but still no sheet.

Gonna build mine soon.
LiMn?

That has pros and cons, but very safe and long lasting, as compared with LiCo.

Probably LiNiMn I’d say. Good performance and about the same cycle life as LiCo.

DogDipstick said:
Anybody got a datashet for this cell?
If you mean the cell this thread started about, SPIM08HP, then it's almost certainly somewhere in one of the posts about it
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=SPIM08HP&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
but I don't know which one. Too many for me to look thru for someone else. ;)

Quinc said:
Everyone still loving these? What kind of run times are you getting with 150+ amp controllers?

I have a 12S setup and only run at 50 amps, but I also charge at 40 amps which is easy for these cells.

One thing you MUST KNOW is they work better warm than cold.

When warmed up they exactly fit their specifications.

When cold you need to drop those limits in half... it's very significant.

These are cells that love hard use, but are slow to get fully up to speed when starting cold.

When fully warmed up they are practically supercapacitors.

Quinc said:
By warmed up are we talking like a gas engine where they need to be ran for a few minutes before reaching full potential. Or they just physically need to be warm? Like if I have them in the sun on an 80 degree day before use they will work as expected?

That's a subtle question. Generally on a warm day they work better right off the bat.

It seems also to be certain reactions are going on inside that seem to optimize after actual use.

Let me add that at the end of a long day if it's hot outside I start seeing some minor reduction in performance, but that's possibly an illusion or something about some other thing like my controller or motor running hot.

All I know is on a cold morning don't expect full performance until you run them a cycle or two.

My garage has been dropping into the 40's F each morning.

How are you guys fitting these in the downtube triangle? these are just too big for most bikes.

gobi said:
How are you guys fitting these in the downtube triangle? these are just too big for most bikes.

Based on the dimensions, it looks like you could stack them 8 wide and be around the width of a typical 18650 pack; if you go 10 wide, it seems like you could squeeze in 14S2P for 48V 16Ah, in a regular bike triangle.

E-HP said:
gobi said:

Based on the dimensions, it looks like you could stack them 8 wide and be around the width of a typical 18650 pack; if you go 10 wide, it seems like you could squeeze in 14S2P for 48V 16Ah, in a regular bike triangle.

so inch wide box will be ok in the tiangle area? stacking the cells on their long side?

gobi said:
E-HP said:
gobi said:

so inch wide box will be ok in the tiangle area? stacking the cells on their long side?

9mm x 10 = 90mm or 3.5" wide.

Back