Attitude

mvadventure said:
Probably one of the most fun things to do on my bike is to pass a lycra, especially when their running hard or uphill (bridge). Bear in mind I'm 225 pounds and almost 65 years old. I always sit up straight, pedal lightly, smile and say "Good Morning" or afternoon as they case may be. Sometimes I turn my radio up a little so they can hear it.

The understated, anonymous bionic man act is one of the high points of ebiking for me too. :D

I have been amazing in my area how many people want what I have after they take it for a quick spin. If there was a nation wide commercial of electric cycles doing some of the stuff we get away with I'm sure there would be a serious boom...people just don't know anything about them. Most I have encountered have been enthusiastic about my bike, but I don't even talk to my LBS, why even try.

magudaman said:
electric cycles doing some of the stuff we get away with I'm sure there would be a serious boom...people just don't know anything about them.

8) That's the beauty of it, we are on the leading edge.

My car rarely gets used in the summer.

Like a roller-coaster ride, with a little excercise as a bonus 8)

I'm both - a lycra and an ebiker. I'm preparing for the melbourne around the bay ride- 250k (no motor :p)

Ebike is for fun when i can't be bothered taking the road bike and the trip is short (<25k return ) (as i'm only running SLA's)

I haven't been riding the e-bike for long, but each time i stop its a conversation starter. handily beats commuters and regular cyclists (but only up hills) and for shopping its amazing - i can't get over how good it is (i have a large shopping center about 6.8k return trip away. much easier than taking the car :D, and much more fun.

It still needs lithium power to get decent speed and distance.

BiGH said:
...and for shopping its amazing - i can't get over how good it is ... much easier than taking the car :D, and much more fun.
Ja mon, it's both fun and ironic: zipping around on a late-summer's evening picking up much needed auto-parts.

:D

my LBS was very negative when i first brought my ebike round. but when i kept bringing it round i think the guy realized that i was really getting some use out of it and not using it once a month like some urban cyclists. he started to warm to the idea then.

thats right - they seem to come around.

I keep going back to two shops in particular - from one i always get a very positive response, from the other its synical, but one of these days i'll own him on the tracks.

I've also bumped into another e-biker at my LBS.

Back