Aussie Role Call

TWO more Perthites WOOTz We just about have the other states outnumbered now :: fingers up at eastern states :: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My ride will be ready to go in a few weeks the weather will be...well...HOT...a twightlight ride around the Swan would be
nice in the early evening IMO.

KiM

I have posted a couple of times asking questions but just found this thread :D
So hello from Brissy :D

I just bought a hub second hand and ordered a 900 watt cyclone that should land early next week, I will be throwing onto an Apollo Volatile while I get my head round what's what with the setup. After that its going onto the carbon down-hiller wooot! I will be doing some testing and throwing up some graphs for your perusal as I have access to a rather cool vehicle that measures road geometry (grade, crossfall radius etc). So going to do some testing on hill climbing & speed with the kitted out ATV following. Should be fun :D

Cheers Graeme

Welcome Graeme...the carbon fiber downhill build got my attention PLEASE have a worklog when you start that, i was looking at a $AU4.5k downhill carbon fiber frame at the local bike shop couple of weeks back, weighed about as much as a 3/4 full can of beer, blew me away...reminds me, i need to start hitting up some forums and see what i need to do to knock up my own CF frame! I seen a DIY CF recumbent frame before looked pro, at 80 bucks a pop for a meter sheet of CF though i needs to do me some research before jumpinz in...still...I can see a custom CF frame in my future :: wink :: handful of outrunner RC motors PILE of A123 prismatic cells and LOOKOUT MotorPlex... :mrgreen:

KiM

To be honest I'm not sure how well the carbon frame will work, going to get a mate to run to run some autocad stress testing before I bolt on to the frame. He's a guru with that kind of stuff as he does design for the SMEC guys. Should be interesting :D I don't think the carbon will help much, I just love the stuff for the cool factor :lol: .

I have a mate who can make anything out the stuff (he is in the multimillion dollar yacht building bizz) who is going to look at making a box frame that could maybe hold a lipo battey. He gets the stuff cheaply. (relatively!) He has "some" sheets stashed away :D

Anyway will post a build log when I get to that bit. :D

graemebc said:
I don't think the carbon will help much, I just love the stuff for the cool factor :lol: .

HAHAA same, both into the wank factor LoL Was speaking with Local bike shop owner and he was showing me a few of the higher end disk brake setups as i was 'in the market' at the time, he pointed to a set on a bike and said i use these but i opted for the carbon fiber levers for the wank factor...work no better are no lighter but its the look...aaaaall about the look HECK if the bike got no mojo its gotta look good on the stand dont it :mrgreen:

Look forward to the build log anywayz mate best of luck with it ...

KiM

p.s Methy hooked me up with some Avid Juicy 7 hydraulic brakes, they come with stock levers luckily ChainReaction sell spares INCLUDING carbon fiber levers :mrgreen:

Canis Lupus said:
I'm Australian, and if I read one more "g'day" or "mate" in this thread, I'm jumping on the next kangaroo out of here to start pretending I'm a Kiwi. I'll bet you "sex" dollars, it won't be long coming.

G'day Mate...i bet your right :mrgreen: I hear rooting sheep up on a cliff is the shot in Kiwi land they push back harder, have fun over there you should have the run of the place, majority of the Kiwis are in OZ :mrgreen:

KiM

Canis Lupus said:
I'm Australian, and if I read one more "g'day" or "mate" in this thread, I'm jumping on the next kangaroo out of here to start pretending I'm a Kiwi
Struth cobber, that's a bit rich. Crikey!

You wont be able to take her to the rugby mate, the players got sick of the "wives" grazing on the field at half time :mrgreen:

She is a looker mate, looks like she could be 'presenting' in that pic, lucky your took a front on shot :mrgreen:

KiM

Greetings from the gold coast.
I'm an aussie too. Been bolting, grinding and drilling choppers together with hub motors for a couple of years now.
No welding skills unfortunately.
Started with sla's and am currently on lifepo4's.

Normally I don't post . but the above posts just cracked me up too much to ignore! :lol: :lol:

Cheers and Happy New Year!

Matt.

PS GDAY MATE ....... Canis. :wink:

Good too hear from you thewmatusmoloki theres quite a few banana benders on ES now i see! I guess the weather is GREAT for biking @ The Gold Coast! <--only other place in OZ i would have liked to live when i was younger LOVED the place when i visited, Happy New Years to you too mate :)

KiM

Nice win the other day at the SCG with the cricket. It's a pity the press are fixated by Shane Watson's "atrocious" :roll: batting average of around 76 and his knack of getting out in the 90's. You'd think Australia hasn't won a test in years going by someone like Roebuck's articles - the idiot.

Having been out for 98 in one innings and 99 in another, I could never understand all the talk about a failure afterwards. In both cases I was not aware of the total I was on, and played the shot I got out on in the normal course, taking into consideration what needed to be done for the team, not me. It was just the way the cards landed. I just felt good about a good knock, yet all I heard about it was a "good knocking", even ridicule.

Cricket is a funny game. No other sport have I seen prompt so much piss and wind from arm-chair experts, endlessly speculating about this and that. Combine it with beer and the Australian love of bullshit and what you have is a life-style, not a sport.

Canis Lupus said:
Having been out for 98 in one innings and 99 in another, I could never understand all the talk about a failure afterwards.

I have to admit the cricket has been a factor in the slowing of progress in my own project im a BIG fan of the game and have been since a lil lad in primary school. I never played the game at any level outside the school yard motorcross/BMX took up my time outside of school.

While a little disappointing it must be to realise you missed a 'coveted' century heck, its STILL 90 bloody runs and thats a HUGE knock in any ones book! All but the elite of the sport (and even then most of them) im sure would be damn happy with a 90 run knock. In a team sport personal 'milestones' really do take a back seat to the teams performance.

Bring on the POMS we want OUR Ashes back thankyou, they got two chances of beating us end of year on OZ soil NONE AND F*CK ALL!!!111<--hope that one doesnt come back to bite me in the ass in 2011... LOL

KiM

AussieJester said:
Bring on the POMS we want OUR Ashes back thankyou, they got two chances of beating us end of year on OZ soil NONE AND F*CK ALL!!!111<--hope that one doesnt come back to bite me in the ass in 2011... LOL

KiM

Did you read Roebuck's article in the SMH about the next ashes series? He reckons the POMS will be favourites and the Australian line up doesn't have what it takes. That man, if one can call him that, is one of my pet-hates. I don't know why they let him into Australia after his criminal conviction for canning and assaulting teenage cricketers on their exposed bottoms under his care. He must have bedded someone on the SMH editorial staff. :shock:

Ponting certainly has made heavy weather of the last two Ashes seasons in England. A challenge not helped by having the pie eater Merv Hughes as one of the selectors - brains assisting over there. That's a job for the mates if ever I've seen one. :roll:

On a lighter note, I see Tadhg Kennelly is back with the Swans next season after a year in Ireland. That can only mean one thing: the SWANS will be real contenders this season. He is such an astonishing talent.

Attachments

• sydneyswans_wideweb__430x303.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,125
Canis Lupus said:
On a lighter note, I see Keneally is back with the Swans next season after a year in Ireland. That can only mean on thing: the SWANS will be real contenders this season.

I heard they also have a second Gaelic player in the AFL? (not sure who or what team) Keneally is a great player
was good to see him leave and head back to fulfil his goal in Gaelic Footbal though, MASSIVE MASSIVE pay cut....I saw the interview upon his return and hes here for good now. As for Swans being contenders, i freakin hope not my best mate is a Swans supporter, WEST COAST EAGLES baaabeee ..we had a shocker last year but started showing some promise towards the latter part of the year, i think 2011 will be our year to trouble the top 4 we should make the 8 this year though. Long as the Freo Shockers remain cellar dwellers ill be happy West Aussie though :mrgreen:

KiM

AFL was never better than when the Swans and the Eagles were both in top gear, going at each other like their lives depended upon it. That was an incredible run of close matches they had against each other, with each game's result depending on the smallest things, not least of which was when the game actually finished. A few minutes or seconds either way, the result could have been reversed.

Victorians may not agree, but AFL is all the better when they aren't involved in finals. :)

I look forward to the day when the GF is played in Sydney. :p

Ner GO THE LIONS! hopefully this year we will do a bit better. Season pass holder to the Lions & the Alan Border field behind my work hehe.
Nip over at lunch out the back door for a beer & a quick hrs worth of boooooooooooooooooooowl him. In the block hole maaaaaaaaaate. :D
It helps I have a sport mad boss :lol: btw Swans pfffft no chance :p

Yeah the Swans and Eagles games have been some of the best in the last 5 years those finals were nail biters weren't
they less than a goal in it , Eagles have a excellent run against the lions, IIRC one of our biggest wins of all time is against Brisbane @ their
ground :p Be interesting to see how the second Brissy team goes, hope they win a flag before Freo ...
hahahahaa ah of course they will how silly of me to even contemplate they couldnt LOL...

KiM

Ah yes 2006 was well deserved but it was 4 years ago :) 2008 & 9 was not exactly noteworthy though was it :D

graemebc said:
2008 & 9 was not exactly noteworthy though was it :D

Look at the players we lost, went from having the best midfield in the league to nadda :-( WooSha is rebuilding the side, we now have one of the youngest list in the league the 2 bad years us fans have endured is about to be rewarded, we iz set for some good years definitely will see a BiG improvement this year and flag contenders in 2011 i think...
I'm particularly looking forward to a big one from Nic Naitanui he will be better for the handful of games towards the end of the year very exciting player shit happens when he gets his hands on the ball...

WHERE THE EAGLES...THE WESTCOAST EAGLES and WHERE FLYING HiiiiiGH....(Benny Cousinz Flew HIGHER than all :p )

KiM

He did indeed fly higher than all, oh wait are we talking in the air here? :lol: Nic is an exciting player all right, big lad at 201 cm and 95kg's. Dunno about that haircut tho :D Remind's me of the bad 70's do's that used to runabout the footy park from my childhood in Scotland :lol:

^^^^^

haha.."Vets said the calf's mutation was most likely the result of an excess of vitamin A in the mother's fodder."

AJ says "More like excess Kiwi Semen in the lambs uterus..." :mrgreen:

That why theres so many Kiwis in Australia, we have more AND better looking sheep here :mrgreen:

KiM

Back