Bafang Controller CRS105.250.SN and Specialized Battery

Xlr8r

1 µW
How can I get my Specialized 504 Wh Battery working on a Bafang Controller CRS105.250.SN?
I read specialized uses one pin of the Rosenberger plug an a 5V Interlock.
https://ebikes.ca/learn/connectors.html#Rosenberger

Does anyone know wich Pin it is and what the next steps are to get it working?
Inter-product compatibility is a great concept!

While it's connected to the Specialized bike it came from, but with the battery casing open enough to access the wires to the connector, you would measure the voltages there, with the voltmeter black to the battery negative.

Measure first with the bike turned off, and write everything down on a diagram of the connector.

Measure next with the bike turned on, and write everything down on another diagram of the connnector.

If there are communications signals they'll typically read around 2.5v (really, it's fast toggling from 0 to 5v and back, but you can't see that with a meter), rather than 5v, 12v, or battery voltage. If there are any, then to use the battery you may have to determine what these are, and build something (arduino, etc) to emulate them. Or rip out the original electronics and put a generic BMS on the cells.

If the only signals are steady-state, then you can try emulating them off-bike (with a separate battery or power supply to generate the voltages, if necessary). If the battery does not respond to them, then there is probably still a communications line, and you're back to the complicated way above. :(

Back