Bafang or 8fun brand

lcarron

100 µW
Hi,

Is the bbs02 mid motor unit from 8fun build by bafang? In other word is the 8fun a copy from the bafang product?

Thanks

8 is "ba" in mandarin Chinese, so prob just a twist on wording to make it more Western friendly, but same company.

Like lexus is a fancy toyota and eunos a fancy mazda, 8fun would be good to preserve for their better offerings like the cst and 750w mid drive. Leaving the Bafang name for the 250w stuff. Basicly, they could charge a premium for the 8fun name.

I have a lot of bafeng stuff here. Not bafang, bafeng. They are both global names and would do better separating themselves than confusing me further.

I like in infinity idea. That would be good in china, they could really relate to the whole story.

What they'll probably do is promote the "MAX" line. If that takes off in EU, I could see them branching that off as a separate brand...The way that Dodge RAM trucks are now marketed under the "RAM" name.

friendly1uk said:
Like lexus is a fancy toyota and eunos a fancy mazda, 8fun would be good to preserve for their better offerings like the cst and 750w mid drive. Leaving the Bafang name for the 250w stuff. Basicly, they could charge a premium for the 8fun name.

I have a lot of bafeng stuff here. Not bafang, bafeng. They are both global names and would do better separating themselves than confusing me further.

I like in infinity idea. That would be good in china, they could really relate to the whole story.

Chinese attach no superstitious significance to 'infinity'... But they do to the ordinal numbers... e.g.- westerners getting cellphones in China are offered huge long lists of phonE numbers with lots of '4's in them...because they can't Give those numbers away to Chinese customers. 4 means death. 8 is the luckiest number and 9 is associated with monetary success.

Infinity means nothing to the Chinese psyche... And the company owners chose the 8 sounding name not so much to impress customers... But in the sincere belief it would bring their business venture good fortune.

On my bike, I used a thick black enamel to paint over the bright 8-FUN name. On a black spot ajax with black spot decals, it just looks cleaner all black. Fantastic motor, tho... Thus far. Climbs multi-mile grades over 15% with no overheating and reasonBle power draw.

Back