Battery Connecting & Switch

Nobster3

100 mW
Hi there, First, I'm expecting Ping to put an anderson connection on my battery. Regardless, Should I first connect the + then the - wires together ? ( and to remove battery, would it would be a reversal -negative wire first ?). What wire should I add a SPTP switch to ? The positive or negative. Dogman suggested no switch as the DC would end up frying an AC switch anyway ? Should I get a switch from an elec auto shop ? Your thoughts (before I get the battery). It's a 36v Lifepo4, will there be sparks - LOL

The andersons can be connected together into just one plug. you can connect both + and - at the same moment.

When charging, it's good to connect the charger to the battery, then plug in the wall socket.

Don't put a switch in series with with your battery, it will only melt or generate losses due to added resistance.

dogman said:
The andersons can be connected together into just one plug. you can connect both + and - at the same moment.

When charging, it's good to connect the charger to the battery, then plug in the wall socket.

Are you sure about this? My battery charger gives very specific instructions on connecting the battery and it clearly states to plug in the charger in first and then the battery.

Back