Bayliner Conversion

got the second coupling but its wonky also, mickey moused it and it might break in, doubt it but who knows

probably chop 1/2 inch off the end of the coupling in case distortion is being transfered into the brass insert

Last edited:
no, i took it out, it sounded like i was going to break something, put the carbon fiber one back on and im bombing around with that one with no issues.
im trying to decide if im going to use another induction motor or not
150 C is pretty damn hot but if i switched to a straight shaft through the hull with a hurth 2to1 gear box i could heat the entire boat with it instead of the chinese diesel heater
but i could just put a BLDC motor in the outboard and temperatures wont matter anymore
basically i put both of the boats up for sale and ill fixup which ever one im left with
were paying $2/liter or $8/gallon for gas
the 350 motor burns 4 gph at 1800rpm/6 knots, thats about $4.50/mile
a nissan leaf battery is 24kw, costs $5 to fully charge and id go about 18/20 miles on a charge or $.25/mile with virtually no maintenance compared to an ICE
trying to find a used leaf battery right now is insane, a person was selling a used one for $4 grand, i just looked and its sold.
thats just nuts afaic for a used battery
i could go 700 miles with the 350 for that
was looking at lifepo4 on alibaba 72v/300ah would be $10 grand cad delivered for who knows what grade they really are
i can go 2000 miles with the 350 for 10 grand
now compared to diesel at 1gph/6 knots thats 8000 miles lmfao i can go to hawaii and back, 5500 miles, and then shoot up to alaska and back,2500 miles.
battery manufacturers need to get their frign prices down, new leaf batteries are going for 10 to 15 grand right now
the average joe-blo wont entertain these prices and those cars will go straight to the wrecking yard.
new leaf batteries used to be $5500
i dont know, im starting to think of PEVs as plastic straws or plastic bags that you use once and throw away
i might just put the honda and batteries on the Encounter as a kicker and give away the Explorer

the 350 motor burns 4 gph at 1800rpm/6 knots, thats about $4.50/mile
a nissan leaf battery is 24kw, costs $5 to fully charge and id go about 18/20 miles on a charge or $.25/mile with virtually no maintenance compared to an ICE
If you are looking for a cheap solution, and only wanting at 6knots, …my choice would be to forget the electric option, and swap in a 6-7 kW diesel motor from an industrial generator ($1k new,.. $500 used) , which will only use 1 ltr/hr and hence cost about 30c/mile in fuel .👍😱

ya, i can pick up a 52hp isuzu off a guy at the marina with a velvet drive for $1000 but i would have to get a volvo penta bell housing for it. good luck finding that
i called a guy in Victoria and gave him the boat, he has a 15hp yamaha that he will throw on the back to get it home, im keeping all the electric and putting it in the Encounter
i think i can buy leaf modules for about $40 a piece, for about $400 i can make a 72v 50?ah pack that weighs roughly 90 pounds (12"hx9"wx15"l) and i think i have room in the bilge for 2 of them

Break Out Another Thousand and i should be happy

probably get about $120 for my lead acids at the scrapyard, 600 pounds of lead
or maybe i can just melt them down and make sturgeon weights out of them, i think i paid $2 for a 12 ounce weight
every 3lbs id get 4 weights
600 pounds would be 800 weights??? x $2= $1600 worth of fishing weights?
i guess you would lose about 25% of that weight to acid and plastic and whatever but thats still a thousand lol
break out the moonshine still and i can concentrate the battery acid down to sulfuric acid, gotta see what the black market will pay for that, you cant get that in Canada anymore, its been banned:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Back