BBSHD on a carbon frame?

iNeedHelpX

1 µW
Hello. So I want to add a BBSHD to my carbon hardtail. For various reasons I want to stick to what I already have and not buy another bike. I've been doing a bit of digging/reading and I'm aware of the issue of the BB thickness on carbon bikes being too thick to mount the BB02. I see that the bafang only has something like 12 mm of clearance from spindle to motor.

Is the spacing between motor and spindle greater on the 100 model vs say the 68/73?

my bike is 2015 opus fhast 2.0 and a search of the manufacturer spec sheet only says "shimano XT" for bottom bracket. According to the manual, its "one up" the opus fhast 1.0 has a "press fit" bottom bracket so I'm assuming mine does not. I'm going to have to take the damn thing apart to find out proper info on BB size I guess.

Can anyone comment on any issues they've had mounting a BBSHD to a carbon bike? Or perhaps is there a better motor for this task?

If they're helpful, a couple of other threads referencing BBSHD on a carbon frame
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=bbshd+carbon&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Back