best conversions

latecurtis

100 MW
I have been studying electric conversions and am realizing the importance for light vehicles for conversions. one vehicle which came to mind was the Plymouth arrow. it was manufactured around the early 80s I believe. my friend in the middle 90s was a big motor head into drag racing. weight is also very important. every hundred pounds is equal to a car length when running the quarter mile. that's when both cars have the same horse power, transmission,torque and gear ratio. he took out the 4 cylinder and put a V8 318 into it. he used a 1 gallon gas tank and the car went 30 miles before running out. a few days later the rear end broke and that was the end of that project. the point is the car only weighed about 2,050 pounds. that's without replacing doors and panels with aftermarket light weight fiberglass versions. this is commonly done and popular with motor heads into drag racing. the target weight for a good conversion is between 1,500 and 2,000 ideally. I would prefer a 240 volt electric motor running 20 - 12 volt batteries. is there any way lipo bricks would work. like 10 - 7s 25.9 volt batteries maybe wired in parallel to 10 more of the same.
what would be the top speed for something like this? and what would the maximum useable range be at maximum speed 50 to 60 mph and a moderate speed of say 35 mph ?
also what other lightweight vehicles would work for conversion. My wife is really bugging me to get a car. I hate gasoline vehicles. If I do get one it will have to be light enough to convert. I will be looking for a good body and undercarriage but with high miles on the motor. hopefully I will be able to afford to convert it after a few thousand miles. I will also need a decent trailer hitch on the back of it. the frame will have to be strong enough to haul 3 to 4 hundred pounds in a trailer behind it as I scrap metal. any suggestions and answers to my questions will be greatly appreciated. I still love drag racing and would someday be able to build an electric dragster. I saw a few videos on it on YouTube. both electric cars and crotch rockets have exceeded 200 mph in the past few years. I would love to meet up with that motor head friend Bob I hung out with in the 90s with a light sporty mopor. mopors were our thing back then. I would love to see the look on his face when he says lets see what you got under the hood and he sees a bunch of lipo batteries and an electric motor. that would be classic. technology is a beautiful thing. keep me updated on vehicle, battery and electric motor options for conversions. thank you latecurtis out.

Back