Best motor?

I made one previously but haven't tested it.. It basically wraps around the mounting portion of the motor and sits against the motor mount. There is about a 3mm gap around the entire motor.

I was hoping it would dampen the sound and/or provide more protection for the motors.

jwa6uz5.png

An inrunner with the gear would likely not be so efficient or quiet because of the gear. The gear size might be too big for the wheel too. Or maybe a planetary is smaller?

I don't understand what u mean by not have enough battery for the motor. Think it does 12 or 14 s and if your battery can put out enough amps.. Might be expensive with the higher c rating battery you'd need but not a big deal. Rather have one 50mm than a 60mm.
Like to find a small axial flux motor. They have the most torque to weight. There's a new full size axial plane motor out that gets 6watts to the gram. They always say kilowatt to kilogram. Hybrid planes, for people, are supposed to be on the horizon. They always say "coming" but this motor is legit and the plane seems Likely. Also has liquid cooling.

The boosted board which is all over San Francisco is super quiet. The sensors are nice. If you make an enclosure that truly enclosed it would really limit the heat dissipation and the motor would have a lower max watts. Think the belt compressing air as it gets trapped makes noise and re trapezoidal wave produced by the esc too. From the videos of sine wave esc boards seems much quieter and no sensor

I read when they scale jet engines down for models..for model planes, the power to weight ratio goes down, so less than half the power for half the size, but the scaling goes the other way for electric motors and for half the weight you can bit more than half the power. Thought was pretty interesting. with the electric motors the limit of power mostly has to do with the ability to disipate the heat and at double the size motor you can't get rid of the heat at the same rate as a smaller motor

torqueboards said:
okp said:
The truth is you won't ever have enough battery power for that motor unless you spent an arm and a leg and/or made your eBoard an eTank.

Ridiculous motor though 3500watts (95amps) / 5800 watts peak (140amps)

GWgyATW.png

http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/aeroplane/motors_1/sii-55/S-5535-190KV/

Actually yes you can have enough battery power for it without e-Tanking your board ;) just be ready to carry at least 1kg of battery!

okp said:
interesting ! what about this one :

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=EFLM4160A

I used one of these on my very first E-board. My only complaint with this motor was that breaking was super loud.

okp said:
hey guys, just wondering the impact of having a Scorpion SII 5535 160kv motor... which pulls 3750 watts.

except the price ... what will be the impact of plugging such motor on my 12 setup?

Ladies will love the color and guys will be envious as you fly by

I think they measure differently and it may be a 60 something mm motor. They measure the stator.

I wonder myself if the motor will draw more current or is the current solely decided by the esc and battery potential

Seems overkill to me.. Maybe get the smaller one. One 50mm motor of theres. Lighter and enough for sure w 12s

As far as I know, curent consumption in a motor is determined by internal resistance and gauge size (which determines internal resistance BTW), other factor is the quality of bearings and magnets.

Advanced ESCs input motor speed translated through current intensity right? So if the ESC wants the motor to spin at X speed , consumption will also be determined by the effort produced by the motor to reach said X speed.

BTW Scorpions are overpriced...

assuming the battery can produce enough amps to burn the esc and motor something is controlling what is being fed through the esc to the motor. Will a huge esc burn out a smaller motor or vise versa?

okp said:
hey guys, just wondering the impact of having a Scorpion SII 5535 160kv motor... which pulls 3750 watts.

except the price ... what will be the impact of plugging such motor on my 12 setup?

This motor is very expensive, honestly it is also probably overkill.

So Do you intend to have two or one of them?
If two it can only be diagonal and you would be carrying additional weight around and probably never get an advantage.

But the motors will work no worries... generally speaking the bigger the motor the better. But of course there is only limited space under the deck. I think 63mm diameter is the maximum I will ever go. This Scorpion is only a few mm more but it makes it closer to the deck and the ground which will mean you might need more truck risers to stop it hitting.

Do You know about my motors, the 190kv R-spec? They are so good, I am prepared to offer a 110% satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like them send them back within 300 days and get 110% of your money refunded.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
The boosted board which is all over San Francisco is super quiet.

hm, I really dont agree, at least not when you compare it to the evolve. Im also toying with the idea of building a flexy street cruiser alongside my carbon AT, but for that I'd need a similarly silent motor as the evolve. at 20-26km/h constant cruising, you cant really hear it anymore over the sound of wind and the wheels. dont want to cruise around with angry outrunner bee sound. :?

whitepony said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:
The boosted board which is all over San Francisco is super quiet.

hm, I really dont agree, at least not when you compare it to the evolve. Im also toying with the idea of building a flexy street cruiser alongside my carbon AT, but for that I'd need a similarly silent motor as the evolve. at 20-26km/h constant cruising, you cant really hear it anymore over the sound of wind and the wheels. dont want to cruise around with angry outrunner bee sound. :?

I rarely see the evolve but you're right it was really nice and quiet and I noticed right away.

Do you think the evolve is so quiet because of just the cover or the esc? I'd like to see a sine wave esc that was cheap. My board's hobbywing150 squeaks horribly.

Using toy grade RC ESCs from China for EV applications will net you lots of noise and reliability issues. Try a company like Adaptto or PG-Drive-Systems. You will never have problems cogging and any decent EV controller made today will remove just about all of those nasty peaks that make all that nasty noise and vibrations. Every outrunner I have used on my Ebikes have been very quite because I never ever use any of this RC junk.

okp said:
NJEV, do you have any links of motors or ESC that could fit ?

-How much does the rider weight?
-What kind of board are you building? Long board? Mountain board? Traditional wheels? What kind of trucks?
-What is the desired top speed?
-What is the desired range?
-What kind of area are you riding in? Lots of hills? Long flats? Offroad?

NJEV said:
okp said:

-What kind of board are you building? Long board? Mountain board? Traditional wheels? What kind of trucks?

Please suggest the best motor & motor controller for this setup.
100kg rider
longboard
83mm urethane wheels
normal skateboard trucks.
45km/h top speed
25kms range
flat and hills

NJEV said:
Using toy grade RC ESCs from China for EV applications will net you lots of noise and reliability issues. Try a company like Adaptto or PG-Drive-Systems. You will never have problems cogging and any decent EV controller made today will remove just about all of those nasty peaks that make all that nasty noise and vibrations. Every outrunner I have used on my Ebikes have been very quite because I never ever use any of this RC junk.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=2&hl=nl&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://www.sinusleistungssteller.de/stand.html&usg=ALkJrhjRcjjAy6g4Hlsi3VszByniNrcdXA
This is the only small sine esc I ever found that's still for sale. Everything else for sale for any purpose..bike, scooter, wheelchair.. big and expensive

The above are equally expensive though. If you do get it might as well pair it with my other dream component:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17363__Scorpion_SII_4035_250_Brushles_Outrunner.html

Doing the same wattage at 49mm as a typical 63 and the only under 50mm, or 60mm, that can do 12s that I've seen. And looks cool. And more efficient than any other hobby motors. I think they're worth it especially when you're trying to fit one under your board.

onloop said:
NJEV said:
okp said:

Please suggest the best motor & motor controller for this setup.
100kg rider
longboard
83mm urethane wheels
normal skateboard trucks.
45km/h top speed
25kms range
flat and hills

Go to eglide and ask him for the information on his 36v I-Drive kit including motor. Its literally the most respected controller world wide. He will probably fit you with a Unite motor at about 800w. You wont hear squat if you run a belt. It should fit under the board just fine. To get that kind of range with a guy your size you are looking at a 16-20ah lithium pack of sorts. Thats going to cost you more then the controller and motor put together. You get a sweet 1 year waranty on the controller. Not sure about the motor. The MIDI hand controller has a super long pull. The braking is automatic as you release the trigger. The unite motors he sells run cool and are sealed. I dont suggest buying these components from anyone else but Eglide. Way to many knock off Unite motors out there and they program the controller for the application. You pay a tiny bit more then buying from the major sites but its all bench tested by people who literally build electric skateboards/EVs for a living every day. Customer service is unbeatable.

Hey NJEV, is this what we are talking about ?

http://www.e-glide.com/electric-skateboard-store/electric-skateboard-parts/a-t-and-gi-electronics-board-detail

http://www.e-glide.com/electric-skateboard-store/electric-skateboard-parts/motor-assembly-complete-detail

okp said:
Hey NJEV, is this what we are talking about ?

http://www.e-glide.com/electric-skateboard-store/electric-skateboard-parts/a-t-and-gi-electronics-board-detail

http://www.e-glide.com/electric-skateboard-store/electric-skateboard-parts/motor-assembly-complete-detail

That is one of them. You have to email or call them. I recomend talking to them before you buy anything. They come with different amp/voltage ratings not listed on the site.

The install for his kit is as easy as it can get.

am I wrong in thinking those are brushed motors that the eglide uses? Not that brushed is that bad, probably quieter but not as efficient and needs upkeep. And their remote, isn't remote. And their stuff costs a fortune even thought it's brushed. 900 dollar battery?!

Brushed Motors in 2015

Yes they are brushed. A high quality sealed brushed motor will last thousands of miles. There is no upkeep. When the brushes are finally to worn to work to use you will be long into a new board and a new motor. You dont maintain them. You simply use them and throw them away at that price point.

Remote

Its a corded controller. It has a longer trigger pull then you will need. The smoothness of operation is better then anything possible from any cordless setup. I hated the idea at first. That was until I tried it. It is so much safer and reliable. The braking operates like butter. Its just that good

Pricing

I have no idea what battery brand he uses. I source all my batteries from www.pingbattery.com. Best value per $ around. There are better American brands but they will cost almost double. You dont need a battery from that grade for this application. The rest of his prices are right on the money. I really dont understand what you are referring to. Search around a bit. I think you may be ill informed as to the prices of gear related to this hobby. Its not a cheap hobby by any means.

Back