Big hub motor 308mm 56 poles

bearing

10 kW
Do you know anything about this motor?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BIG-POWER-E-BIKE-BRUSHLESS-MOTOR-REAL-1000W-48V-REAR-MOTEUR-ARRIERE-/160892099796?pt=FR_JG_Sports_Cyclisme_&hash=item2575ea9cd4
http://electra-bike.fr/index.php?module=produit&prd_id=127&url_retour=http%253A%252F%252Felectra-bike.fr%253A80%252Findex.php%253Fmodule%253Dcategorie%2526code_cat%253D26%2526page_start_num%253D1

Hi,
I actually bought a similar kit for my first project from this http://electra-bike.fr/ supplier
It is the one below with a charger and 48V 20Ah LiPo battery for 700E
bestmotor50A.jpg

It's still under construction and I can't say much about it yet but yep,
it's unexpectedly big compared to what I was thinking, and the specs seems conservative compared to what you get (the controller said as 15fet is actually 18)
Will post more whenever possible

Still in construction?

h0tr0d said:
Still in construction?
yes, follow the built here
actually lacking of time and motivation :
the e-skate I have is giving me a much higher "fun" vs. "cost x weight" ratio :wink:

I've got some sample motors with that kind of diameter in route for testing....90%+ peak efficiency with 40mm and 50mm stators, dual sets of halls, and 10k thermistors. If they work out I'll get them to twist me up a few for 9phase operation, since they don't have a damn prime number of slots per phase like the more common smaller diameter common 51 slot motors. I'm really excited to finally be getting some big diameter motors with quality thin steel lams.

I wonder if the stator really is 308mm, or they are quoting a spoke flange to spoke flange size. If they are, it's just a magic pie in a different case.

Nine continent made a very very tall motor a long time ago, i think it was called the NC1606.

If any of you order this, pull it apart, measure the stator diameter, stator width, and i'll compare it to the magic pie and we'll see what it really is.

John in CR said:
I've got some sample motors with that kind of diameter in route for testing....90%+ peak efficiency with 40mm and 50mm stators, dual sets of halls, and 10k thermistors. If they work out I'll get them to twist me up a few for 9phase operation, since they don't have a damn prime number of slots per phase like the more common smaller diameter common 51 slot motors. I'm really excited to finally be getting some big diameter motors with quality thin steel lams.

Wow! Nutty hubmotor John! We dyno'd Farfel's 2pi custom build which I think was something around 40-50mm wide, and it made ~>24rwhp if I remember right. That bike was a rocket with excellent smooth power everywhere on a sevcon gen4. 308mm is a little bigger than a Pi even isn't it?

John in CR said:

Do they fit into 135mm or 150mm bicycle dropouts? If so, i don't think you'll have a hard time finding people here that can give some nonbiased reviews O_O

neptronix said:
I wonder if the stator really is 308mm, or they are quoting a spoke flange to spoke flange size.

I checked mine (the one pictured above) and 308mm is "spoke flange to spoke flange" diameter - it's 135mm standard

Ah; let us know what you see when you pop that bad boy open.

If it wasn't freezing cold out here in Utah right now, i'd go check my magic pie spoke flange to spoke flange.

Even if it's not some wonder motor, and it's a magic pie diameter, you still got an awesome motor :)

well,
since it's my first (e-bike) built, I feel a bit chilly to open it up (...and It's damn cold here in the alps too :mrgreen: )
it's rated as 1000W but I tend to understand that it can handle more ? ...or even much more ? how much is more ? :wink:

IMO motivation to open it up would be for drilling some ventilation holes... soon or later

neptronix said:
If any of you order this, pull it apart, measure the stator diameter, stator width, and i'll compare it to the magic pie and we'll see what it really is.
re...cycling that topic ...since that motor got the "toasted" symptoms yesterday (I think I should have observed more carefully above post) it died after a 13s to 18s upgrade, at about 3kW, ...took a several kilometers (+10kms +1000m denivelation) hill without looking much at it, it just died 500m before the top of the hill, now I know I should have checked...

I followed NeilP's video and got the hub opened before any issues showed up, thxs Neil.
magnets and stator width are about 18mm, stator diameter about 256mm

So here are few pics':

There is a "QT" logo Inside on of the flanges

I know all three phases are shorted together, I think this might have happened here :
(a cable tie was found melted there)

Please advise while I am at it, if there are other things to do

coils don;t look too bad from the photos

looks like the cables were too thin for 3kw (40amps ish at 18s?)

cable to winding connection is a hot spot (resistance over connection) looks like phase connections melted and shorted before anything worse happened

fingers crossed a new set of phase wires will sort it out for you :)

fingers crossed yep, :lol:

Took away the original insulation and replaced it with 2 layers of heatshrink
+ routed each phase wire along separate stator arms

Still haven't found much about this motor, looks really similar to this one :

1、Wheel hub : ADC12
2、Magnet material: NdFeB
3、Enameled wire: QZ-2/130
4、Iron core: DW600-Ф19
5、Shaft:40Cr/Q.T.: HRC22-28
6、Cable:3*1.5mm²+5*0.2mm²/Max.Tmp.:180˚C
1.Voltage:48V
2.Power: 1000W
3.Rated Efficiency: ≥82%
4.Speed: 45km/h , 54km/h
5.Suitable rim: 26'
6.Weight: 8.95Kg

http://www.diytrade.com/china/pd/9108505/Motor.html

funny enought, there is an email adress casted Inside the other flange : "filalee@188.com"

Looks like an off brand magic pie to me.

There is a motor of this tallness out there that has a wider stator that is incredibly powerful, but rare to come by and often doesn't fit into a 135mm axle.. this does not look like that motor.

brought it back to life, I guess the crossed fingers helped 8) The supplier told me it can handle 3kW ... and up to 7kW :?: :!: ... I believe 3kW on flat could work, I got it toasted after 10kms (6.2miles) +1000m (3280ft) denivelation at about 3kW. now I ordered a "throttle tamer"

I think it's not a bad deal at 129E for a 135mm drop out width motor
link to supplier

Your motor is almost 9kg?

don't know, I have to weight it

...will try to get some pics but seems like I cooked it beyond repair now :
some coils are really shiny with broken wires, is that enought to declare it "dead" ?

made_in_the_alps_legacy said:
don't know, I have to weight it

...will try to get some pics but seems like I cooked it beyond repair now :
some coils are really shiny with broken wires, is that enought to declare it "dead" ?

Time for this one my friend:
http://e-bike-diffusion.com/index.php?module=produit&prd_id=548

Back