Bikee Bike final review

Why bother with PAS?
Why bother with pedals? BTW love the pedals the same way, pic.
Why bother with chain? BTW gotta Q, you dont pedal so u got a chain?
You know who Im talking too

I have not ridden the Bikee bike for over a month so we took it for a day in the woods.

This ride reconfirmed our disappointment with the Bikee bike motor.

1. Too much noise... Nearly every person, biker, or dog greeted us with a sour looks, loud barks or "motors are not allowed on these trails" comment.

2. Cellphone for a controller interface is stupid... Because of mud and water must be kept in a case and that complicated tinkering.

3. Using 52v battery, the bikee motor was less capable in the muddy trails and muddy hills than a BBS-HD... bikee felt less powerful and had a less smooth power delivery

Bottomline,

I would not recommend this motor over a BBS-HD even if they were the same price.

If someone wants a 3000 watt motor the cyclone 3000 is a better option

Hi Walter,

it's obvious you a have a strong bias when you say that the Bikee Bike motor feels less powerful than the bafang BBHDS when the BEST has a peak power consumption of 2500W at 48V and 3500W at 72V.

Plus, all major brands are getting their smartphone display. Anyway we also have the push button available.

You said the Bikee Bike is almost as noisy as the Cyclone, but in your kind review on Luna Cycle webpage, you forgot to mention about dogs and people yelling at you. Actually your review is so good and articulated that it seems they paid you. On top of that, it's strange that after I firstly mentioned that, your review magically disappeared from their page. Luckily I made a copy at the time....

Must be a hard time for you guys...
All the Best,
Matteo

Attachments

• Cyclone Mid Drive 3000 watt Planetary KIT - Luna Cycle.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 77
I think having a bluetooth dongle and the phone app is the way forward.
If the bikee app and the controller are well designed, you should be able to make the throttle as smooth and curvy as you want, both for pas and throttle. So two motors should feel comparable with the same power, if you have the correct gears.

Walter seems pretty grumpy overall.

Reviews that are this poo-poo about products...just ignore and move on.

So hey..

We have to balance freedom of speech for our consumers and vendors here. This thread could go toxic and become non-useful to other members of the forum if it continues to go this way.

I understand it's hard to not take things personally. I wrote all the code for an online math school and when we get bad reviews for stupid reasons, i wanna stab someone because they're taking a crap on my 10 years of hard work. ( and usually for dumb reasons )

Best to start your own thread and field it with specs, news on developments, etc and ignore this one.

I can't understand if the new Evolution model has a true torque hardware sensor or not.
Could you clarify?

capitanharlock said:
I can't understand if the new Evolution model has a true torque hardware sensor or not.
Could you clarify?

Yes, it has a true hardware torque sensor.

hullo @Pilot Engineer
the mid drive with the smallest Q factor
any data on that new OEM motor? Noise level, weight, torqe sensing, and so on?
thank you.

Back