BMSBattery Alloy Shell 900W

sacko

10 kW
How is the reliability of these now?

Was looking at one for a 24s setup.

http://www.bmsbattery.com/alloy-shell/457-alloy-shell-900w-lifepo4li-ionlead-acid-battery-ev-charger.html

charging 10amp hours at 10amps = 1 hour

but that's from totally flat :)

I've got two, work great, no idea on reliability tho, I've read some bad stuff but had no problems myself :)

i think you will find that shipping costs a lot. if you guys are close enuff in britain maybe you could do some deal to buy more than one from greentime and get a deal on shipping:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Battery-Charger/313864_210769746.html

i have had 4-5 of these EMC-1000 chargers open and they are well built. but the one that had a problem from the factory got replaced, actually two got replaced by BMS battery.

knighty said:
charging 10amp hours at 10amps = 1 hour
That's correct, but you may not forget that amps go down significantly as soon as you approach end of charge. You start with let's say 10A and end up with 1A before charger stops charging. Normally I double time of charging time calculated or at least add 50%. So let's say you have a 20Ah battery and can charge with 10A, it would need 2h. But you should expect 3h. At least this is my experience.

i think the 600W charger is good deal too. i just put in the link to their taobao spot. but figure what you guys wanna do and see if it helps with the shipping. that can double the price of the charger from BMS battery.

i only meant to deflect the comments about "cheap chinese junk" because it is mostly uninformed racist bigotry.

since i know how they are built and work on them i feel it is incumbent on me to point out the truth. this is good junk if you take care of it.

that 600W charger is great too because it has the switch to turn off the high voltage in the front end when you plug in the charger. that reduces the risk of the charger being damaged by the inrush current. all chargers should be powered up when you plug in the battery so the switch lets you turn off the charger when you plug it in and then you can turn on the charger before you plug in the battery. that is how it is designed to work to make the charger last longest.

but the EMC-1000 uses big IGBTs for switching the current in the front end instead of the big npn transistors. the only real problem i have found with them was on one charger where i found a tiny pin tip size piece of metal got into the insulator behind the transistor and shorted it to the case. it would have passed inspection but failed in the field. BMS battery did replace that charger and then i fixed the damaged one.

dont buy green time chargers, is just a real junk to me. lipo cells must be charged to 4.15v with care or correct number volts. i go for rc chargers only, better safety control

@dnmun - Is this good charger? and I used had Kingpin silver charger. This charger (LiFePO4) died on me less 2 months. I need good bulk charger for my 12S LiPo.

your kingpan can be fixed. i have 4 on the counter right now waiting for new transistors when i get back to work.

but that is a nice charger because it has that switch under the plug to turn off the high voltage to the transistors when you turn it on. that is what kills most of these alloy chargers.

i just sold someone my only kingpan with that switch feature. it should be worth about $9 extra on any charger when you price them because it makes so much difference in the longevity of the charger to use the switch properly.

12cells lipo , Best go for RC charger. my recommend right now is ECO 6-10. AVOID the bulk charger if you can. I have 1 working vpower charger for 48v is still working after few years, but why I choose RC charger to do all the charging now ?

The 600 watt "BMS" battery charger is also the bulk charger of choice for my 16 ah and 58volts of lipo's. Which I've used daily for three years, and still hold good balance, cause i check with "cellLogs.

They charge lipo,s fast (ususally under 1-1/2 hrs because most of us pro's never let our packs fall too low. Like 3.6volts is courting the lipo devil already. Your making the choice of the magority battery builders.

Im un-decided at the moment to be honest as I did not realise the Battery Medics could not be left on at all times.

All I can do really is buy the LVC/HVC boards from Methods and bulk charge without balancing them.

Does anybody else do this?

you could just buy a BMS for your lipo pack and use the bulk charger. that would balance the pack without using the medics. if you wanna monitor them you could do the power hack on the cellog 8S and use it to monitor the pack so that you would have the BMS to balance it and protect it from accidental over discharge or over charge and the cellog would monitor it for you.

agnius found this place and they seem to be the manufacturers of the BMSs that BMS battery sells. i have this one in the 12S lifepo4 version. you can add a little dip switch in the wire going to that white thermal switch on the heat sink and when the dip switch is off then that turns off the circuit current and then the battery would be turned off.

http://www.bestekpower.com/888v24spcmbmspcbforli-ionli-polymerbatterypack/PCM-D131.html

i have some of the little single pole dip switches if you need one or 4.

Hi Sacko,

Just to be careful I have (2) chargers like this one but both charger are in fact 720 Watts charger (72 Volt at 10 Amps) you can seen it on the charger. If you want to charge in about an hour or less, you need the 1200 watts model.

Good day!
Black Arrow

a 72V charger has a final voltage of about 88V. the output current can be measured to see how much over 10A it is. the charger will not be pushing the full 10A at the final voltage since the current flow drops as the voltage of the pack climbs up to the final voltage of the charger.

That's why you need a Complete Hobby King Lipo Protection Kit if you are going use bulk charger. Methods HVC module is helpful when it reaches 4.28v maxmium and it will automatically cut off the charger push the current into LiPo battery.

Which is what I had originally intended to use, but doesn't really balance the cells in anyway. Im unsure how necessary it is to balance charge though, could you bulk charge and use the LVC/HVC boards, then once a week/fortnight do a balance charge?

Seriously, I just followed Methods, He abused LiPo battery down to 3v which is often out of balance and all he was bulk charging thru the HVC module to bring back to 4.2v. He never balancing his LiPo pack for years and he mentioned that he decide to check his LiPo balance. WOW they are within 10mv! :lol:

That's what I am doing same foot step as what Methods is doing his products perform as supposed be.

sacko said:
Which is what I had originally intended to use, but doesn't really balance the cells in anyway. Im unsure how necessary it is to balance charge though, could you bulk charge and use the LVC/HVC boards, then once a week/fortnight do a balance charge?

dnmun said:
a 72V charger has a final voltage of about 88V. the output current can be measured to see how much over 10A it is. the charger will not be pushing the full 10A at the final voltage since the current flow drops as the voltage of the pack climbs up to the final voltage of the charger.

72 Volt is an example, this "900" watts charger at 24S will output around 8 amps or less, it take about 1:20 to charge a 24S battery pack.

Good day!
Black Arrow

chroot said:
Seriously, I just followed Methods, He abused LiPo battery down to 3v which is often out of balance and all he was bulk charging thru the HVC module to bring back to 4.2v. He never balancing his LiPo pack for years and he mentioned that he decide to check his LiPo balance. WOW they are within 10mv! :lol:

That's what I am doing same foot step as what Methods is doing his products perform as supposed be.

I will most likely end up with the same setup, didn't realise people were getting good results without balancing their packs.

The BMS does look like a really neat solution though...

Back