BMSBATTERY PROBLEMS???

I bought a 20aH 36V Li-NMC battery from them because of it's less than $300 pricepoint. Using it in a folding bike via 20" wheel and so far so good, no problems to speak of. The only complaint I have from the purchase was the exorbitant shipping fees to USA. If I had to do it over again with the knowledge I've acquired from ES, I'd have made a "Neptronix approved" DIY battery. But you have to start somewhere eh?

Bought a battery & motor/wheel kit. $415 US dollars. Shipping: $145. Total of $560. Translates to 35% shipping tax. :shock:

But this purchase has paid for itself before a year's time. I have no car. I use it for a 15 mile round trip work commute. And when I feel the need to explore or travel further, can get me 25-30+ miles range.

I purchased a 48V 20AH LiNiCoMn battery from BMS Battery over a year ago. I was interested in it based on its weight (14 pounds, I think) and its price.

The battery's BMS quit working in fairly short order. Based more on their reputation than anything else and the fact I wanted to fix the battery as quickly as possible, I just purchased another BMS from them.

The one thing I didn't like about the LiNiCoMn chemistry is that it worked more like SLA in that the voltage drops at a steady rate during discharge, unlike LiFePO4 which stays at a fairly constant voltage during its main discharge cycle.

The battery and charger are still working good, but it went to my Sister on the GNG equipped bike I gave her earlier this year. She lives 150 miles away, so I won't be able to check on it regularly, which reminds me of one thing I did like about that battery. It never discharged at all when sitting for several weeks at a time, which makes it a good choice for a casual user.

On the other hand, when faced with the need for another battery this Spring, I opted for a Ping 48V 15AH LiFePO4. I'm really spoiled with the LEDs that light up when the battery is fully charged. :D

I've got a couple of Headway packs from them, one pre-built and one put together from the components - a 48/10 and a 48/15. The BMSes are good - they balance well and have good heat dissipation. I purchased an extra one and replace the Signalab BMS on my Ping battery with their BMS. It charges through the discharge leads, with only one set of leads, preventing confusion if you have Andersons on both sets of leads on the Signalab. I prefer these BMSes to the Signalabs. The Headway packs have been working fine. Shipping is expensive - but you pay what they say you will pay after all that, and it isn't particularly exorbitant. I also bought a 48/15 for my buddy and its been working fine.

I bought the 48v 10ah battery mainly to have something to test the bike. My plan is to build a large pack. It works fine for my short trips around town and to work. Max trip distance is around 10 miles. I pedal with the bike BPMII 393 rpm 48v 500W kit. Top speed 30 MPH. The kit delivered to my door step was around $500. 10Ah would be small for most people but I pedal most of the time.

I bought a complete ebike kit from BMS battery 8 months ago. They did the common trick of surprise asking for an extra $50 before shipping it.
For my motor hub wheel I got some of the spokes were loose, and after a bit of riding my wheel became notably untrue (wonky), its still rideable though, I still haven't fixed it. I think the reason behind some of the loose spokes was that they just stuffed up the wheel build and having some tight spokes on one side of the rim just made it more untrue.
The battery has worked fine for me since I got it, I am not a battery expert though, but the battery seems to be what they promised.

If you ever seen some of the youtube vids of ebike production in a China factory you see them whizzing through the job like a brisk machine, on the surface it looks impressive but I just can't help but think I would make all sorts of mistakes working at that speed. So I kind of align that view to the kit I got from them.

Henry111 said:
I am cosidering the purchase of a 36V 10Ah Lithium battery from BMS. But want to get advice here first.
Any comments on this company or its products. Quality? Service? Etc?

I've bought seven batteries from them, and they're all good. They seem to be the best place to get a good value battery from. Delivery time is about 2 weeks from order to delivery. A lot of people point out the high shipping cost, but the overall price is still cheaper than most alternatives.

Which 36v 10aH battery are you planning to order and why? What motor and controller do you have? Maybe there's better options.

I also have a 20aH Ping battery, which is still going after 2 years, but it's relatively large and heavy compared with alternatives from BMSBattery.

I'm a little confused which 36v 10ah battery we are talking about and what controller you plan on running ?
d8veh and thebeastie which batteries did you buy as BMS battery has many models.

999zip999 said:
I'm a little confused which 36v 10ah battery we are talking about and what controller you plan on running ?
d8veh and thebeastie which batteries did you buy as BMS battery has many models.

Most of them just vary in size
the LiFePo4 will last about twice as long (take twice as many charges) and are probably worth the extra $30 or so. the headway LiFePo4 batteries have a 10C discharge rate (limited by BMS) while the Lithium Ion and regular LifePo4 have a 2C discharge rate. I think the bottle batteries are even lower, although I am not sure.

I"m not sure it makes much difference if you have a low powered motor (with a 14amp controller) but is going to make more difference if you have a high powered controller and motor combo.

999zip999 said:
I got this one "36V10Ah LiFePO4 Alloy 01-Case EBike Battery Pack"

I have littery just installed a 48v 500w front hub kit from them with a 48v10A Life4PO battery with case and charger.
Total price was $702 said 3-5 weeks shipping was delivered to me in 10 days i was very happy.

No instructions but it was straight forward.
get your controller diagram and label the wires double checking them, decide on your setup i.e. throttle only, peddal assist, cruise, speed limiter etc etc.
The kit they sell is pretty much the same as everyone else they are mass produced over there and its down to who you want to purchase from. I went for the BAFANG as they see to have a good reputation alot of places are starting to like the new Q series, but they are newer so dont know about the relability. Magpie seem very good too. Think alot about battery and controller location. I have a full suspension bike with a funny frame getting a rear rack was difficult.

The LifePO4 battery/charger is better than most setups as the charge can be plugged in and left to its own accord you can't over charge or damage the cells due to the BMS and charge working together. You will need to make a lead from the battery to the controller (connectors included in the kit but not the wires, ask them they may make you one). You will need a volt meter for the installation as they wired the battery the wrong way round which stumpped me for ages, it was only due to the help of the people in this forums that i got it resolved. I am now more than happy with the bike and setup. I have sold the car and using the bike saving me $400 a month.

Journey is 3 miles and has alot of hills, so far my journey is 10-15mins before it was 20-25mins. Top speed is about 18mph on a flat and i weigh 15stone. dont know about the range yet this is only the 2nd day of my installation.
BMS support was very helpful, both on emails and online chats; you just have to remember the time difference when asking questions I forgot about this and it was often 2-3AM in the morning to them. Shipping is costly but your purchasing some heavy stuff and bulky stuff so paying £150 dolllars for something to travel halfway round the world is a fair price in my opinion.

Order extra stuff like throttle controllers and connectors, they only charged a couple of extra dollars for most of the extras; I got a few as spares and also different ones so that I could see which fits my bike/setup and use the best. The full throttle controller with LED is excellent! Dont forget to order some fork tension arms they are a must for any setup.

Overall I would use again as the cost savings are huge; I got a more powerful system, double battery capacity for half the price of the same kit here in the uk; so it was worth the gamble of using them.

Simon ;)

999zip999 said:

3 of these, which are very light for their capacity. They have no problem with 30amp KU123 controller.:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/36v/445-36v-15ah-lithium-ion-electric-bicycle-battery-pack.html

2 of these. Very good discharge rate, but heavy for capacity - also work OK at 30 amps:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/packs/154-36v-12ah-38140-lifepo4-battery-12-cells-ebike-battery-pack.html

1 of these. Easy to fit on a rack. For 250w motors only:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/36v/326-24v-lithium-ion-little-frog-abs-shell-ebike-battery-pack.html

1 of these for my folder:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/36v/17-36v-lithium-ion-little-frog-abs-shell-ebike-battery-pack.html

I've also got one of these that I bought used. It's heavy for its capacity, but has a good discharge rate:
http://www.bmsbattery.com/packs/114-36v10ah-lifepo4-battery-38120-ebike-battery-pack-with-carrier.html

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend any of these batteries, but you need to match the battery to your controller/motor.

I an in the market for a 48v 20 AH battery. BMS Battery has a 48V20AH LiFePO4 for $499 + shipping. That is a great price if the battery is any good. Details say Maximal Continuous Discharge Current: 15Amps which seem not so good.

Anyone have experience with BMS Battery?

Tried the search function first but "bms battery" yields thousands of results for bms and battery but none for the vendor.

Always check the "using google search" box when searching the forum

I have a BMSbattery and they use terrible cells, which make for short battery life(before you have to throw it away) and degraded ebiking experience... Basically you'll get as long a life out of your battery as you put money into it in this case. For much better value I would recommend em3ev.com. At least see if they will tell you the make and model of the cells they're putting into your battery and then see if you can research those cells...

Like any Chinese supplier, most of the time everything goes OK, but when something does go wrong, you're on your own. A guy on the UK forum bought exactly that battery and found that it cuts out when you take too much current from it. The BMS has 8 FETs, so should be capable of very high currents. I have several of the 36v 20aH ones, which work perfectly at 30 amps with a similar 8 FET BMS. I'd trust BMSBattery more than other Chinese suppliers because they've been trading for a long time, but they're not 100%. You have to balance the risk against the price. In the case of the cutting out, it could easily be solved by by-passing the BMS output control (move one wire), so not the end of the world.

Hi there,

After reading almost every thread on this company, I decided to take the risk, and bought this 48V 15Ah High C-Rate battery pack from BMS Battery. I now use it on my bike connected with a 12 FET 4115 Lyen controller to a 6T Mac from EM3EV. A Grin precision shunt is connected to my CAv3, and everything is calibrated using a constant current method with my iCharger 1010b.

I can confirm that this pack consistently delivers 1kW (20A) as this is what I consistently use during my daily commutes (CA limit set at 1kW to save juice, and then drive WOT). I also have seen peaks up to 58A (2.7kW) when I increased the power limit to 2.8kW in the CA.

Of course, after less than 20 charge cycles I have no idea how long this pack will last. But at least it delivers what it promises so far.

Thanks for the post of the high rate battery, I've been looking for long time for some hands on experiences.
I also ordered one, though all criticisms of the service and products which is yet to arrive at my doorstep. I also ordered an extra charger for 4,1V/cell @ 1,5A.
Does it get warm - voltage sag?
Did you open the alubox and check cell balance /bms function /build quality?
Is the weight as stated 6 kg?

I payed 192 USD (they emailed me to change to TNT at no extra cost), but I also bought another alu enclosure, a bms and rack (for lipo project), a full set of spokes, controller etc., ~700 total and now waiting for the customs verdict of even more :(, and VAT on top.
On their checkout you get a preliminary rate, but their FAQs say batteries need DHL, and their terms state batteries (or other things) may add costs.
I got mail answered in one day and with custom ordered spokes, bms and charger shipped in less than a week, few days more and its at customs - I was prepared for a month :)

Hillhater said:
What was the shipping cost to Europe ?

139 $ + additional 50 something due to wrong transport.

esselius said:
Does it get warm - voltage sag?
Did you open the alubox and check cell balance /bms function /build quality?
Is the weight as stated 6 kg?

I will check weight when I get home. The alubox does not get warm, although this may be partially due to the weather and due to the fact that I pull only 20A-30A during my commutes. I did not open the alubox and I did not check balance / bms function / build quality.

Back