BMSBATTERY PROBLEMS???

From the EM3ev page:

NOTICE:

We apologise to any new customers, but from 30th May and for a period of ~1 week we are not accepting any new orders.

Looks like Paul is swamped too, but he's actually not accepting orders just to avoid making people wait. That's really impressive and I respect that a lot.

I mean, it sucks given my timing and all, but I'm definitely going to keep that site bookmarked for any and all future needs.

It also looks like they don't carry large, 1000W+ chargers either, so there's that.

well i see alot of you had good luck with paul- so he seems like a fair guy to do business with
the issues i'm having have nothing to do with Paul
china post F'd up. the 6 days it took him to ship is fine - he is mad busy so you can expect a bit of time before the shipment is ready. lesson learned, ill never use china post shipping again. it's wierd , sometimes i order stuff with free shipping on ebay and i get it in 2 weeks to a month , and i guess other times you dont get it at all.

i cannot vouch for paul- for me it was not a smooth transaction
1. shipping airmail taking over 2 months - to this day i still dont have my package- but this is my fault for not paying
the extra 10.00 for dhl
2. poor customer service- any time i had a technical question he did not answer and told me to come on here

moral of the story- you pay for cheap china crap- set your expectations low

I found Paul very helpful and good service. He's often away on business though. He does his best. Tell him exactly what you want and save weeks of emails. All in all good service. Good price. I buy around 800 a month with him

has anyone done business with BMS battery before? I'm looking at 72v 15ah lipo4 battery from them.... $650... big difference than the $3,500 I was quoted from a major bike carrier...

Wait until you get the shipping price.
Welcome to ES****Do this before your first post or now (it's retroactive)*****
Please go to the User Control Panel, select Profile, and then enter your city, state/province, and country into the Location field (country minimum) and save it. Once done, your location will appear in every post so you won't have people asking where you are ever again. This will help people help you. Example: Wylie, TX, USA. or just USA, but country as a minimum, and country is the most important. There are many cities with the same name all over the world. Without knowing what country you are in it's hard to make any recommendations. Thank you.

ragingrivers said:
has anyone done business with BMS battery before? I'm looking at 72v 15ah lipo4 battery from them.... $650... big difference than the $3,500 I was quoted from a major bike carrier...
You should be much more dubious of the total price, I would say shipping would be about $350? Shouldn't never way it up without shipping.
Good luck shipping it back if there is a problem. Just playing devils advocate here. There are tons of BMS battery threads on here now, probably be worth while setting up an unofficial dedicated BMSbattery forums.

Shipping anything from China is expensive. BMS Battery items are almost always double published prices for cheapest shipping option. Plus, they weasel out of warranty service by virtue of ridiculous shipping costs and poor communication.

I only deal with BMS Battery if I can afford to lose whatever money I send them. 2 modest orders I've been okay but no way in hell would I assume the risk for one of their batteries.

well, thank you for the heads up... I wish I had been on this forum 3 years ago when I started dealing with different manufacturers..... can anyone refer me to a reliable battery.. I'm running a crystallite h40 600 w with infineon controller... need a battery at least 60v if not 72v, and at least 15 ah....

li ping sells good batteries, sun_thing28 guy sells cheap pouch packs too, and this was a cheap pouch pack and they have more:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181148272576?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

you should focus on using free shipping and surface freight, air freight of batteries is now restricted so it is very expensive.

I've placed a few orders with BMSBattery, the biggest order included two 36V 15Ah batteries was $1000 including shipping calculated by the web site of $229.34. They've never asked for extra money, it was always the amount calculated by their checkout process.

If you go through the order process as if you are buying you get the shipping cost at the point before you confirm the order and pay- this is the only way to get the charge.
If you order using paypal you can get paypal to refund you if you get problems like extra charges or long delays- they are very much on the buyers side.

Update on this: I did receive the charger, roughly a month after ordering it. Once it actually got into DHL's hands, it was here in 2 days, which I found astonishing. One day's tracking updates showed it went from hong kong, to cincinnati, to seattle, to canada's border, to calgary in the same 24 period. The same day it was in hong kong, delivery was attempted at 8pm. That's actually above the kind of service I expect from a hundred dollar shipping fee. Now if only they actually shipped it in under a month, or replied to emails in under a week.

As for the charger itself, when I got it, the handle on the top was loose on one side, and shaking the charger I found there was a screw loose inside the case. When I opened it to fish it out, I had a look at the soldering and I didn't actually see anything too bad. No cold joints, everything is pretty neat. I think this was wave soldered.

I've done two partial charges with it, and it does seem to work, however I noticed the case gets slightly warm and the fan never turns on. I'm going to take it apart again to ensure the fan is actually plugged in.

inedible, could you post some pics of your 1200W charger and also from the inside? It would be interesting because they have not always identical electronics..
Its good to hear your charger does have better soldering. In mine some of the larger solder joints are not cleaned up from the aggressive soldering flux, and the copper around this joints is already corrodized (have to clean this up before the traces completely corrode).

I plan to do some modifications. The parts for the mods i have already bought (about 50$). Will start a thread next week.

here are some pics of mine 1200W KP-C: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38284&start=475#p904973

this is another 1200W charger with different electronic: http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38284&start=100#p615142

Sure thing. Here's a quick album: http://imgur.com/a/GmLQp

Looks like my fuse isn't potted, I can pull it out fairly easily. Seems I have a slightly different version than either of the other two. My model number is EMC-1200.

Oh, and it looks like the fan is plugged in correctly, the connector is even glued in place, but I've never seen the fan spin. Mind you, I haven't been watching it constantly, maybe it only spins up when it gets warm?

Does your fan spin all the time, or only when it heats up?

inedible said:
Does your fan spin all the time, or only when it heats up?

The fan will only spin if the thermistor exceeds a definite temp. No speed control based on temp - only full speed or off.

yours:

hhqd.jpg

mine:

7xrz.jpg

from ES member nonlineartom:

w7bck.jpg

On the edges of the cooling fins there where no curves on my charger. I filed it by my own to not cut again my fingers.
It looks like my charger has the worst workanship of that three and it was the most expensive loool.
Never buy such a charger from the evassemble store. This is a parody.

As for the fuse: there is one in my charger. I only could not find it / pull it out because a part has been broken off the fuse holder.

skyungjae said:
Looks like I'm in "testing" purgatory as well. :(

can you provide more details?

I have done some modifiactions on my 1200W charger but yet had no time for a detailed description.
mainly:

- installed a RPM controlled fan (it is almost inaudible)
- better quality AC inlet with illuminated switch and working fuse holder
- circuit board bolted to the case
- all stainless steel screws
- rubber legs on the case
- screw terminals for DC outlet
- radius filed on sharp cooling fins
- rough top lid sanded and painted with Al spray
- more comfortable handle

The only thing remaining which is real bad: the automatic fuse in my flat nearly always cut off if i switch the charger on or pug it into the socket.
I guess this is because it has no PFC or weak inrush current limitation.

Loved them right up until they sent faulty crap 4 months ago. Still no refund or help from them. Must be 30 emails in too

skyungjae said:
I meant the status of my order. Sorry to be off topic. I find that bmsbattery.com is also "Testing" my patience. :lol:

You're aware that all of China's currently "closed" for business due to a week long holiday?

But if you're having the usual BMS Battery communication difficulties and lack of product warranty, I understand your HELL...

More than just bad business practices, I wonder if bmsbattery's systems have been compromised.

I registered an account there because it was apparently the only way to get in far enough to see shipping costs. It turns out not so (I still don't know the answer).

However, I very quickly received an email from a "suga wu" at the domain used for their parent company, ecitypower.com, with subject "your message". The message told me that he had learned I am a very important customer of theirs. Maybe everyone is important.

Their site meanwhile informed me, "There are no carriers available that deliver to this address" (my residence in the USA, a few other test addresses as well). I responded to suga wu quoting that, as a test of whether the email address was deliverable if nothing else.

It was indeed deliverable. The response, however, was not to acknowledge the shipping carrier issue. Instead it was that I had something wrong (nope, everything correct on the addresses). Oh, and it also had an offer to invoice me if I give a list of the items that are in my attempted order. Smells like a switcheroo.

Then, a few hours later, I got a message from bmsbattery@gmail.com thanking me for registering. It included my password in the clear. (And if I change it, I expect they'll send the new one the same way as an acknowledgement. Oh well, so much for that account!)

But, who was I emailing with? They can't see the account details on the attempted purchase, but know I created an account (and probably know the password I provided)...

All that, on top of the previous notes in this thread, are not in the least like any of my past purchases from firms in China. I think I'll be staying away from this one. If someone is indeed illicitly sitting on their server intercepting account info, I wish them luck cleaning it up.

Back