bosch active line plus or performance cx for tuning

tobsie

10 mW
I am deciding between 2 Cube bikes the Cube kathmandu hybrid pro 500 or the Cube touring hybrid one/pro 500 (both 500Wh battery). The main difference between the bikes are the bosch engines. the kathmandu has the bosch performance CX (75nm) motor and the touring the new bosch active line plus (50nm). In NL the bikes are limited at 25 km/h, so I want to tune the bike so I can ride faster to work (one way 28km), around 35 km/h would be ok. All the roads where i live are flat (so no hills). I don't want to buy a speedelec directly.

I have the following questions:
- What is the main difference when I tune the motors. because the performance has a max support level (in the highest level) of 300% and the active line plus 270%. Does this mean that with the performance I can go a bit faster?
- Is the higher torque also important for the top speed (or just for hills)? Ie when I ride 40km/h with the bike, do I have to put in a lot more effort with the active motor?
- An other doubt is that the active line plus is a new 2018 motor. Which is lighter, quiet and has lower pedal resistance (when the motor is off or the battery is empty). So it is a new 3nd generation motor. The performance is a 2nd generation motor, but has more torque.
- Which motor would be more suitable for tuning for higher speeds?

What is your opinion? Hope someone can help.

The Bosch CX is strongest on hills and best for top speed.So thats what you want

Back