Brushless dual 6kw ALIEN Power system - electric longboard

Hover over the 'youtube' tab in the text editor it tells you exactly what to do to embedd video...

KiM

When you say dual 6kW.. you scare me. But in reality with my experience with making electric longboards, anything over 1kW is not for the average rider.. and considered dangerous. It's very hard to load up that system to 6kW unless you're gearing it for 50mph or starting from stop up a hill in SF (even then, 6kW has got to be hard to attain).

Cool build though. I like what you did with the mold. Did you CNC that?

Hi
Yeah maybe a bit misleading it is dual 3Kw so 6KW and that's peak output and yeah I'm probably running at 30-40% and that's way more then enough. It is for hill climbing I want it for not top end speed.. it is does the job beautifully!! it eats hills!!
The battery mold was done on a CNC yes then hand finished and now varnished. I am a CNC Engineeer (lucky for me)
I have previously owned an Elektroskate Air 500W which i thought was brilliant until i built this !! this puts smile on my face every time i ride it! up hill at 25mph--cool!!
I was even pushing my young son on his MTB up hill and i got barely near 1/2 throttle before i had to let off to stop the crying!! LOL..he loved it!!

Hi
some updated photos- still waiting on my new deck to arrive but I've perfected my arming system and now the battery box is on version 5!! just waiting for Bruno to perfect the Wii nunchuk and then Ill fit my LED's!! still got a smile on my face from riding it last night- whilst pushing my 5 year old up the road on his bike!! he loved it too!! it pushed us both up hill with loads of power to spare!! its MENTAL!!!!!!

8D152F86-01C2-484E-A854-31157E6D413C-355-0000001CFD5AB7E7_zps84d1038f.jpg

A5FF6BF1-D511-45A6-A885-7FA1D57F8AD9-355-0000001CFA6F78E0_zpseddfb6d5.jpg

D6891B6A-A3E9-49FC-9B31-472714FE8DEB-355-0000001CF795CDCC_zpsfa7e69e8.jpg

0D8D990D-8505-4B13-BD1F-DFA03E4F8B63-355-0000001CF48FF920_zpsf0c4e6c0.jpg

817BC9F1-19BA-41C0-9FDA-4CAF09438931-355-0000001CF0A0C443_zps3d6b4a5c.jpg

6EAB6577-8F12-429D-9A03-4DCA54D269CB-355-0000001D0087D502_zps0d8080a9.jpg

CNC engineer? didn't know there was such a thing. I do CNC work and I love it.. CAD and CAM work... but is it really that marketable? don't you pretty much have to be a flat out machinist to be able to get work?

beetbocks said:
I have previously owned an Elektroskate Air 500W which i thought was brilliant until i built this !!

cool, i haven't hear too many reviews on those Electroskate,
they have sensors in their brushless motor, correct?
http://www.elektro-skateboard.de/forum/elektroskate-14/es-500w-air-review-ongoing-1530.php

one thing I noticed about the rc boards people have made, a lot of them can't accelerate from stop smoothly or the power comes on too strong (which takes a lot of the fun out of riding the board), needs to ramp up to speed.....

Yes it does take a controlled finger to set of smoothly.. :shock: Bruno is going to rewrite the software on the ESC to give a smoother Power and braking curve including regen braking!! It's really in the development stage.

Land speed record alert!!!!
I've just been out for a run up and down 'steep' hills with ease!!! The ESC was just warm to the touch!!! And I've set a new speed record for me anyway!!! 42mph on a rubbish deck and no pads and I was on about 50-60 % throttle (no lie) Bruno your an electronic genius!!!... I bow to you... I suppose my drive system helped a bit as well!! :D
It beats snowboarding in the cold!!!!
c7b493031d34e65a8f4aa2717aa860af_zps26270cd9.jpg
[/img]

Please post photos of your injuries as they occur, if you are not too incapacitated to do so. Thanks!

beetbocks said:
Land speed record alert!!!!
I've just been out for a run up and down 'steep' hills with ease!!! The ESC was just warm to the touch!!! And I've set a new speed record for me anyway!!! 42mph on a rubbish deck and no pads and I was on about 50-60 % throttle

that's pretty fast, (another ES guy on a e-mtboard claims to have gone 50mph.. uphill.. but didn't look 50 from his video..)
i recommend borrowing a set of leathers next time.. :wink:
not sure how a heavier board affects wobs..

also, fyi, most longboarders use a lower degree baseplate for going fast...
holeys only come with a 50deg baseplate

ie, randal have 50,42, and 35 (but most don't use 35 anymore, too sluggish)
http://longboardskater.com/longboard/Randal-Trucks.html

Hi
Actually it felt quite stable ,,when the. New longer deck comes and pads ill get to 50mph I recon., but I've been building up to it for a few days so I have good 'muscle' memory...
I don't really intend the board for all out speed, it's just show what it can do.. I picked the holey trucks because there British, there's holes for mounting and they 'turn ' well .I think I'll be averaging no more than 30mph normally and just blip the throttle now and again!!
6k on tap... It's the future!!
Thanks for all the advice ....

Well here's a bit of footage at night with my new LED's fitted... It was exhilarating !! My legs were like jelly after!! Some great camera work from my mate on an iPhone!!!this thing is truly awesome.. It's like a train. I am using maybe 40-50 % throttle. I cannot wait for my deck and elbow/ knee pads arrive.. Then I'll have some fun :D . I've done about 15miles on 1 charge a lot up hill as well
.http://youtu.be/6NjRh10EjXI

Well here's a bit of footage at night with my new LED's fitted... It was exhilarating !! My legs were like jelly after!! Some great camera work from my mate on an iPhone!!!this thing is truly awesome.. It's like a train. I am using maybe 40-50 % throttle. I cannot wait for my deck and elbow/ knee pads arrive.. Then I'll have some fun :D . I've done about 15miles on 1 charge a lot up hill as well
.http://youtu.be/6NjRh10EjXI

Hey Beetbocks, what a nice bulid!
I'm wondering how heavy the whole setup is, and what's the actual runtime on your batteries (i don't recall you mentioning Ah capacity).

Even at 50% power this 6KW combo should eat a lot of energy...

Hi texonite
It's 9.4kg at the moment that will change with the new deck . I've 8 amp/h batteries and I ran for nearly 1hr last night after a full charge and the batteries are still at 19.2v. . So loads left. , I would estimate around 15-20 mikes on the flat easily . Once your moving u can run on very little throttle but who wants to do that !!! The acceleration is awesome. I

Back