Brushless dual 6kw ALIEN Power system - electric longboard

Hey beetbocks, I'm not sure you have wrote something about hall sensors in your setup.
Do you have them? Does your custom ESC support them? How is the starting performance?
Can you also ride backwards?

Ill get one of these small cog too :)
How does it fit wit the motor shaft? Does the motor shaft nee to be machined too and does it fit 8mm shafts?(the size i see the most on 50/60 mm motors)

Hi texonite
The ESC does have the facility for hall sensors in fact thes motor are fitted with them but Bruno found on testing that due to the small size they ran better without and the board sets off really smoothly. if you check my thread there's a video of it with the slow set being shown ..and with the new hand controller I've made I've made the spring stronger and tweaked the trim and its perfect now..
You can have reverse on but I've found with my other. Board you never use it you just turn the board round..I suppose if you want to ride fakie At 40mph :shock:
Hope that answers..

Hi tow
The pulley wheels press onto the motor shaft and drive through a 3mm steel key. Bruno can do the key way machining on the motor, it's is then held secure with a 3mm grub screw. The bore on them can be any thing from 6-12mm it just has to be ordered . I however ordered 10 all the same to get a better price.the motor that Bruno provide has a 10mm shaft and the brackets are specifically designed for this motor. I cannot guarantee that they will fit other size/types of motor.
Cheers
R

beetbocks said:
You can have reverse on but I've found with my other. Board you never use it you just turn the board round..I suppose if you want to ride fakie At 40mph :shock:

the trendy thing right now is to do standup slides.
so it would be cool to do a slide 180,
give it some throttle going switch,
and slide 180 back.

you can do standup 180's as slow as 13 mph.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpiAoWvJhB4

Ruff calculations of what I would have spent when done,
Iv used smaller motors with my own pully set up at the moment, and both motor sizes work fine good power and hill climbing ability just not as well as the 6k set up. I havnt ordered the regen alien esc's as of yet but if it is in the budget I will, and my drive train and mounts are on it's way. But!

AUS DOLLAR

Twin 1000w motor 40mm

Abec wheels $80
Holey trucks $74
Deck $200
Mounts $260
2xesc $60
Twin Esc with regen $160
2xmotors $75
Battery $47
Reciver/transmitter $20

Total with out regen $816
Total with regen $916

Twin 2000w motor 50mm

Abec wheels $80
Holey trucks $74
Deck $200
Mounts $260
2x esc $70
Twin Esc with regen $240
2xmotors $75
Battery $92
Reciver/transmitter $20

Total with out regen $872
Total with regen $982

Boosted boards $1200 plus about $60 shipping to AUS,

About $300-$400 more in price, for lighter smaller, maybe not as much power as the twin 2000w setup but, still plenty, the remote is amazing and you don't need to do any work, Even with a single motor setup you will save $240 with out regen to $380 with regen, yes you can save money cutting corners with less pretty mounts and drilling holes in wheels but why is it worth it??? Opinion's.

Guys, I never used Lipo batteries before and I am not confident buying them for my skateboard project (safety reasons). What would be an alternative in order to get 10-15 miles range for the Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245kv Brushless Outrunner Motor.

Thank you!

Guys, I decided to order the 2 of the ZIPPY Flightmax 4200mAh 4S1P 30C LiFePo4 Pack and connect them in series. Did anyone used this pack?

I hope I can get around 6-8 miles range...

Hi all
.. FYI . I am on holiday for the Easter break and won't return to work until 15th april.. So kits will be at least the end of that week..
I will be in touch with everybody as soon as there ready..
Thanks

Connecting in series is a good idea, packswon't be as big, but the 4200 isn't the best choice maybe 5000 25c around the same amp out put but a better mah rating means not much but longer range in lower amp usage:)

And if you worried about safety, lifepo4 battery's are safer, but heavier, but iv watched videos of people trying to blow the packs up and fail, But who knows.

The motor you have chosen is rated at 70 amps max, 8x30 is 240 amps, if u have 2 motors, u need to drop 100 amps, 5000mah 25c is what you need:) the motors Richard and Bruno used have a higher amp rating, if you want 8000mah use 15c, u don't want to over load the motor, Richard correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how i see it. Brunos esc's may have amp limiting:)

I only have one motor, and I was looking for 5000mah on the Hobby king website and there is nothing available. They only have these options:
ZIPPY Flightmax 8400mAh 2S2P 30C LiFePo4 Pack
ZIPPY Flightmax 4200mAh 4S2P 30C LiFePo4 Pack
Turnigy 4500mAh 6S2P 30C LiFePo4 Pack

I am using Hobby King 150A High performance Brushless Car ESC and the Turnigy 6364 - 245kv. I don't much about amps and limiting. Could you recommend a battery pack that would work with the components and could deliver about 8-10 miles range.

Thank you!

jacobbloy said:
The motor you have chosen is rated at 70 amps max, 8x30 is 240 amps, if u have 2 motors, u need to drop 100 amps, 5000mah 25c is what you need:) the motors Richard and Bruno used have a higher amp rating, if you want 8000mah use 15c, u don't want to over load the motor, Richard correct me if I'm wrong, but this is how i see it. Brunos esc's may have amp limiting:)
Your are completely wrong.... The battery will just sag less if you have a bigger pack. Get the biggest battery you can afford and fit, it will last longer.

I am thinking to get two of the - Turnigy 4500mAh 6S2P 30C LiFePo4 Packs and connect them in parallel. I am just concern that it might get HOT and burn something. Do you guys think this would work with Turnigy 6364-245kv? It will cost me $134 plus $40 for the watt meter which is a lot but the less powerful will probably burn with these batteries.

Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6364-245kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (70 amp max)
Hobby King 150A High performance Brushless Car ESC (2-6 cell lipo)

so regarding Silenthunter's setup,
would that work?
150 amp ESC to 70 amp max motor
or is that gonna burn up the motor?

and he wants to run 6S lifepo4 tunigy, good idea or no?
6s = 19.8 v
or is 8s lifepo4 gonna work on that ESC?
it's slightly over 6s lipo (25.2v fully charged)
8s = 26.4 v

also, i read somewhere to stay away from packs that comes parallel already.
true or no?
Turnigy 4500mAh 6S2P 30C LiFePo4 Packs

I wouldnt want to put any higher voltage than 6S lipo on my HK 150A High performance ESC.. They have 25V rated capacitors so even with fully charged 6S lipo it is slightly exceeding the rating of those caps

HumboldtRc said:
jacobbloy said:
Your are completely wrong.... The battery will just sag less if you have a bigger pack. Get the biggest battery you can afford and fit, it will last longer.

Cool thanks man, when I was planning my build I was told not to use a battery over the amp rating of the motor or I can fry it, but to never go over what the esc is rated at, I wish I new this as I would have gone for bigger battery's

Guys, I have 2 ZIPPY Flightmax 5000mAh 6S1P 45C for sale. Brand new just arrived from HobbyKing.

Spec.
Capacity: 5000mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2V
Discharge: 45C Constant / 55C Burst
Weight: 888g (including wire, plug and case)
Dimensions: 144x52x58mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: 5.5mm Bullet Connector

I am more confident using Lifepo4 so let me know if anyone needs them. Will ship fast!!!

Back