Build of Bafang BBS02 from Greenbikekit

Nice video and excellent ride! We made it out alive!

Kudos to hie2kolob for helping me install a temp sensor identical to his.

thermometer.jpg

Kept an eye on the temp during our 12-miler yesterday. Total altitude gain of 2500 feet, much of that frontloaded in the first few miles. Stopped two or three times in those first few miles whenever the temp got up near 140°F. This is the first time I've Bafanged on a muddy trail. The Bafang didn't climb as well as on previous climbs, but not sure how much of that was due to the mud or how much was due to this being a possibly tougher incline.

Hit some patches of snow at higher elevations, but Bafanged through it with ease.

snow.jpg

Seeing the snow and all the fallen leaves reminded me that mountain biking season is nearly over.

leaves.jpg

But ski season is right around the corner!

View attachment 2

View attachment 3

Attachments

• rearview.jpg
    rearview.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 3,652
Nice pics.
:D

Nice pics!

Thanks, guys! :D

KINNINVIEKID said:
I am using 2 packs in series to get 16Ah at 44 volts.
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?code=84AA8F74-B05E-4053-8515-3BAAF33CFA89

Wow, those are very interesting for the price. I'm flabergasted at how much cheaper and lighter they are.
I might have to experiment with those in some future. The BBS02 does not mind 44.4V?

Sweet trail rides you guys have!
Just when I was getting all jealous that many bafangers out there have another hobbyist to share knowledge and good times, I find that I've convinced the fathers of two of the kids which school with my girls to electrify their bikes. One loves the idea of the BBS-02 and the other wants a hub motor. Good times ahead!

0utrider said:
KINNINVIEKID said:
I am using 2 packs in series to get 16Ah at 44 volts.
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?code=84AA8F74-B05E-4053-8515-3BAAF33CFA89

Wow, those are very interesting for the price. I'm flabergasted at how much cheaper and lighter they are.
I might have to experiment with those in some future. The BBS02 does not mind 44.4V?

My BBS02 loves my Multistar batteries and they actually have less voltage sag than my 10Ah Headway pack!

Just fitted a Wattmeter this afternoon and the initial test results are---
Mileage 6.5 miles (very hilly).
Pack voltage 45.28 volts at finish.
Minimum volts (sag) 45.15 volts.
Peak Watts 1009W.
Peak Amps 22.96A.
116.7 Wh used.
2.948Ah

Most of my light pedalling was showing around 500W drawn and full throttle on the flat was around 750 W so exactly on the rating.

Forgot to note the starting voltage put pretty sure it was less than the finishing voltage but I will put that down to my failing memory.

I have also replaced the 14-28 freewheel with an 11-30 one and the difference is very noticeable.
It will pull all 108Kg of me and 20Kg of bike up a 10% hill in 1st gear on assist level 3 of 9 WITHOUT pedalling.
Top speed on the flat is 29.5Mph.

KINNINVIEKID said:
I have also replaced the 14-28 freewheel with an 11-30 one and the difference is very noticeable.
It will pull all 108Kg of me and 20Kg of bike up a 10% hill in 1st gear on assist level 3 of 9 WITHOUT pedalling.
Top speed on the flat is 29.5Mph.

That seems to fit in with my observations. Just teasing 30MPH on a flat with the 11 tooth gear and a very strong torque with an enjoyable ride by keeping the gear somewhere in the middle of the 11-32 set on any of the controller settings (three stages in my case.)

I might want to put those battery packs you mention on my Christmas wish list.

It might be xmas before they get any more in stock!!
I usually ride in gear 5 of 7 and try to keep to assist 3 of 9.
I find that once I get to 15Mph the wind resistance really cuts in and its always windy up here on the moors.
CAM02146_zps168e8977.jpg

KINNINVIEKID said:
It might be xmas before they get any more in stock!!
I usually ride in gear 5 of 7 and try to keep to assist 3 of 9.
I find that once I get to 15Mph the wind resistance really cuts in and its always windy up here on the moors.

Is 3 0f 9 about the same as 1 when using the 0-3 mode setting.
I never have bothered to set it to 0-9 because I don't want that many button presses to go from low asssit to max assist.

Stock: They still have 20 or so here in the states but I can't put the coin to it at this time. Christmas is about when I might have some extra funds if the kids don't zap it before their Santa list is done.

Not sure about different assist levels.
I use 9 so there is less strain on the drivetrain when going up through the levels on full throttle.

Nothing much flat round here but we do have the highest pub in England on our doorstep.
http://www.tanhillinn.co.uk/

PICT0364.jpg

PICT0343.jpg

Wow! Looks very cold! Are those pictures current or from a previous year?

From Saturday's 21-miler.

[youtube]nLW5hsVVzJE[/youtube]

lake desolation from overlook.jpg

wasatch crest.jpg

Got a new triangle bag today that will take both my Multistar batteries and it was less than £12 delivered

h_zpsba4f180d.jpg

e_zps90d94674.jpg

And I got the wattmeter fitted.

f_zps3a068caf.jpg

That bag is a perfect fit! I'll be interested in hearing how well you like the wattmeter.

darth_elevator said:
From Saturday's 21-miler.

[youtube]nLW5hsVVzJE[/youtube]

Nice video and ride!

The wattmeter is great mainly as it tells me exactly how much battery I have used and so I know when its time to head home.
I have ordered another to put on the Dillenger so I can see how that is performing against its quoted specs.
|Had a good run over our local forest trail yesterday and managed not to get lost this time.
Just ordered a GoPro so will have some video before too long

Went to our nearest large town today and spotted a bike shop so had a mooch around :roll:

Looks like I will be moving the BBS to a new bike before long :p

ham_zpsa9124c50.jpg

ham1_zps64e7c846.jpg

KINNINVIEKID said:
Looks like I will be moving the BBS to a new bike before long
Cool! Which bike?

Back