building my first battery

Is better to charge all cells to same voltage. Like put cell in a long parallel string and charge 2 the same voltage. If new should all be very close. But some vendors mix batches.
Nice to have a rc charger.

999zip999 said:
Is better to charge all cells to same voltage. Like put cell in a long parallel string and charge 2 the same voltage. If new should all be very close. But some vendors mix batches.
Nice to have a rc charger.

Hi 999zip999
Yes ive been looking into how im going to charge this and charge all the cells before the build. I was recommended a power supply type charger, but ive gone for an rc charger. An htrc c240 duo. On the back of that if reworked my pack design from a 5p14s to a 6p12s my motor is pretty happy with most voltages and a 12s would allow me to balance charge the pack as 2x6s using the c240 duo.
Also ordered some 18650 holders so i can balance charge 12 cells at once 6 per channel.
The new 6s12p design lends itself much better to having barely any extra series connections as ill be able to use the same 25mm 0.15mm nickle strip for both parallel and series welds (1 strip spans 12 cells)

Am i correct in thinking i can charge purely from the 2*6 balance leads with this style of charger?
Im limited to 1 amp anyway as any more buggers the Samsung 35e cells apparently.

Im actually thinking about leaving out the bms altogether and just doing regular balance charges.

As always coments welcome especially if im headed down the wrong path.

Edit.. what did you mean by using gasket on the + side zip??

Screenshot_20190423-143840_Gallery_zpsmr9sjfis.jpg

Postmans been busy today. Cells have arrived so has my 25mm 0.15 nickle and my solid state relay to complete my welder.
Hopefully ill get an early finish tomorrow and be able to spend the weekend productively.

Back