Bush Lied! People Died! Err actually it turns out he didn't

Ch00paKabrA said:
It trns out, Iraq did, in fact, have WMDs:

In all, American troops secretly reported finding roughly 5,000 chemical warheads, shells or aviation bombs, according to interviews with dozens of participants, Iraqi and American officials, and heavily redacted intelligence documents obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.

I know none of the liberals here on the board will read the 10,000 words the Times reported on. But, for those willing to engage in some open minded reading, here's the Link:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/100000003173431.mobile.html?_r=1

Apparently, the Bush administration thought it was better for them to withstand some criticism rather have the Al Quaida and the Taliban learn of the caches and search for more.

I will be the first to state that I still don't think wee should have gone into Iraq but it seems like the Liberal mantra that has been shouted, spit out, and screamed with vitriol just wasn't true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soohikNdbWs This kind of pours water on the fire you seem to want to start, in my opinion. You have to ask yourself, why the secrecy? Why this misinformation? One way or another, things don't add up.

It's more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. Do not mistake activity for achievement.

Bigotry: stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Your words about the idea 'liberals' are ones of bigotry. What I am hoping to drive home is, divide and conquer, you are being played in their game. It would be wildly, wildly wiser, never to look to fellow humans with labels like republican, liberal, black, white, christian, muslim and so on. The reason is very simple, everyone is different, if you want to know what someone thinks about something, don't ask if they are a republican or a liberal, ask what they think about something.

I really hope you don't find these words as brash or offensive. I am trying to help guide you in a direction that might better serve you. I suggest that instead of focusing on the matter of 'liberals versus whatever', or 'I hate those damn libtards', focus on corruption and where it starts.

Here is a suggestion that is kind of out there. Rather than concerning yourself with what others think, ponder a society based on you being your own representative. Technological democracy rather than a republic.

Which of our last two presidents is this sign about?

anti-obama-sign.jpg

bowlofsalad said:
You have to ask yourself, why the secrecy? Why this misinformation? One way or another, things don't add up.

Yes they do. If you counted the part about ISIL just happens to be holding the location of 2,500 mustard bombs, SUDDENLY they add up perfectly:

"Oops, seems we have to send in troops afterall, to get those WMD away from ISIL."

Now, do you SEE where you made your math error? Do you know how MANY different directions the finger was pointed over a single hotel lobby bombing in Germany? The whole point of '1984' wasn't that you control the media, you control the release of information. Whether it's true or not, people will begin to believe what little you say. When it's convenient to have them believe it.

Imagine a world where Saddam Hussein was still in Iraq, preventing groups like ISIL from stirring up trouble. Imagine a world where Gaddafi had been left alone to stop ISIL. Imagine a world where American politicians were not allowed to pursue corrosive pet projects, such as Charlie Wilson's War . . . .

bowlofsalad said:
It's more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. Do not mistake activity for achievement.

bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

bowlofsalad said:
Bigotry: stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.

Such as Obamatists do in hating anyone who tells the truth about Obama? (The debt total is around $3 billion out of date in the graphic.)

Crossroads-GPS-Obama-Ad-e1309199585481.jpg

bowlofsalad said:
Here is a suggestion that is kind of out there. Rather than concerning yourself with what others think, ponder a society based on you being your own representative. Technological democracy rather than a republic.

It'll never work. The only reason why I'll state is because it never does. Oh alright:

Submitted for your approval. Well intentioned optimism vs. ignorant fear. The dangerous truth vs. the safe to believe lie. Who will win? Because people only expect peace love and understanding to work when their side wins. The very thought of giving the other side the same understanding that they expect the other side to give them seems like something straight out of --- the Twilight Zone.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx7ftr_twilight-zone-the-monsters-are-due-on-maple-street_shortfilms

I am sure this is a waste of time, but I'll write this anyway.

It isn't 'obama', it isn't 'bush', it's 'the rich'. You are a puppet in their game right now, bound by strings you don't know exist, the game is called divide and conquer. All I've pointed out is that there is a lot of misinformation and that trying to sort it out, debate about it and fight each other over it is what they want. It's a mirage, a great distraction. I don't care about the discussion and I don't see a place for debate about OPs subject.

My point is that you aren't going to achieve anything by arguing and fighting about the rich folks policy on killing people.

I -do- -not- -care- what you think about bush or obama, your opinion about either of them is and was irrelevant to these words and words previous. Your poltical bigotry is worthless to me, keep it to yourself.

from an above POV (being european) it's always strange for me to see how us americans can instantly start fighting when it comes to republicans vs democrats or obama vs bush. from a social perspective even obama is a republican compared to what we have here in europe ;). we see this more relaxed than you do in most cases. same goes for religion: believe what you want. it's your life.

Ch00paKabrA said:
1. The video doesn't pour water on it, it confirms it.
Confirmation bias makes it easy to ignore conflicting evidence, and to read more into the evidence that is really there. This video has both water pouring, and confirmation, and each will see what they want.
2. It is not bigotry to tell the truth (Is not your response a form of bigotry)
pot...kettle?
3. I do not find your post offensive. Sanctimonious - yes. Arrogant - yes. Foolhardy - yes but not offensive. I actually believe that you thought these ideas would help steer me in a better direction but there-in lies the arrogance because you really have no clue what my belief structure is. I am a Realist. I have experienced the reality of this world in all its brutal glory and I realize that you are wrong.
So you take his sanctimonious, arrogance, and foolhardiness and raise it a few bars?
4. No, it would not be better to look on the world without labels. Labels help define who and what we are. It is this thinking that forces us to frisk 4 year old little girls in the airport. It does not empower, it is a tool used to disempower. Resources are wasted and those that are obviously innocent are subjected to wrongheaded insolence all in the name of diversity and political correctness.
And not frisking 4 year old little girls in the airport leads terrorists to use 4 year old little girls to do their misdeeds. I am more worried about the horrendous forfeiture of civil liberties in the name of Homeland Security throughout our lives, in return for a minimal improvement in security, one that is obscenely expensive and statistically barely significant in effectiveness. Fear is a very powerful motivator for governments.
I am Pro Life (I know many things that absolutely obliterate the Pro Abortion group if anyone would like to debate me on that, start a post in the toxic discussion),
It is very easy to be hard over on one side of an argument when the arguments from the other side are dismissed out of hand. You have your "facts" and will not consider where other's disagree with your premises, so no, I doubt you can debate this issue in any meaningful sense of debating. Your position was made completely clear with the words "absolutely obliterate" applied to something that actually has meaningful debate on both sides of the issue.
I am a Denier.
So it is no problem for you that over 97% of ALL published scientific studies from industry and academia and governmental agencies worldwide (including all US government studies) on this issue from the last 20 years covering dozens of separate fields of serious climate study that all agree on the basic issues of climate change and its causes, are necessarily all wrong, yet a few very powerful politicians and invested industrial interests on the issue that you favor must know the science better. Sorry, but "idiot" is the only rational word I can find to use here. How else can one ignore the overwhelming consensus of worldwide scientists from every corner of the issue, and take the word of the politicians and oil industry (who support those polititians)? This was an interesting subject 20 years ago when the scientific questions were not quite so well answered. Now it is just idiocy to deny the clear science on the issue. Humans are responsible for an unprecedented jolt to the earths climate that began about 150 years ago, and that will cause serious problems for most humans and most of the rest of life on earth, with far more harm than benefit. That is the clear consensus of the scientific knowledge we have on the extremely well studied issue. I have no comment on the economic and political costs that may be involved in doing anything about it.

bowlofsalad said:
I am sure this is a waste of time, but I'll write this anyway.

It isn't 'obama', it isn't 'bush', it's 'the rich'. You are a puppet in their game right now. . . .

Oh, there, you see. You successfully proved my point. It's only a waste of time if you don't learn from your mistake. This whole point of view where only YOUR ideas matter is the problem. Everyone else is supposed to flexible so that you can be rigid.

bowlofsalad said:
I -do- -not- -care- what you think. . . .keep it to yourself.

I realize that. Because it's not YOUR OWN DOGMA!

alan said:
It is very easy to be hard over on one side of an argument when the arguments from the other side are dismissed out of hand. You have your "facts" and will not consider where other's disagree with your premises, so no, I doubt you can debate this issue in any meaningful sense of debating.

And it'll always be that way. I do expect things to get better once O Duce leaves office, there's always huge numbers who take their cue from the president, while we have a childish president behaving that way they'll do the same. One reason I always agree with my Father, you can't vote for policy, you can only vote for the person. If we have a Bill Clinton, 'The Great conciliator, we have a Democratic president introducing bills that pass with more Republican votes that Democrats, etc. You have Obama, you have nonstop verbal abuse and demeaning coming from the White House, you have posts that say "I -do- -not- -care- what you think. . . .keep it to yourself."

izeman said:
from an above POV (being european) it's always strange for me to see how us americans can instantly start fighting when it comes to republicans vs democrats or obama vs bush. . . we see this more relaxed than you do in most cases. same goes for religion: believe what you want. it's your life.

That's because we still have hope here. Easy to relax when you've given up and think the only way to get the point across is to have women go topless. (Although that might be worth a try here, too.)

Ch00paKabrA said:
I really hope you don't find these words as brash or offensive. I am trying to help guide you in a direction that might better serve you and I hope that you can overcome your idealistic bigotry.

It's against what HE wants you to believe, so he WILL see them that way. The Gold Standard of the times. Such as:

alan said:
Ch00paKabrA said:
It is not bigotry to tell the truth (Is not your response a form of bigotry)
pot...kettle?

And the journey continues. . . .

Ch00paKabrA said:
Last point. In your other post you refer to "The Rich". Is this not a label? I thought you wanted a world without labels. Apparently, Some labels are OK but others are not. So It is OK to label people that make you angry but not OK to label those that don't make you angry or jealous or spiteful.

Ch00paKabrA said:
Isn't it interesting how you quote a FINANCIAL source for SCIENTIFIC opinion? You, sir, understand the climate science issues from sources of information that are restricted to the very small subset of POLITICAL, BUSINESS, and unbelievably tiny group of legitimate scientists who criticize the well established science. I get my data from the sources, and from the IPCC, and US published data <http://nca2014.globalchange.gov>. Ignore the scientifically reviewed and politically sanctioned US government report all you want, but don't quote other idiots who will take any tidbit of a typo to "prove" it is all nonsense and the VAST majority of real experts on the subject knows less then them (and you).

BTW, the US government and science panels produced the National Climate Assessment (link above) only because idiots didn't believe what the rest of the worlds' scientists were saying on the issue, primarily because of the mistrust of the UN and its tie to the IPCC reports. Quoting the introduction to the US report:
The National Climate Assessment summarizes the impacts of climate change on the United States, now and in the future.

A team of more than 300 experts guided by a 60-member Federal Advisory Committee produced the report, which was extensively reviewed by the public and experts, including federal agencies and a panel of the National Academy of Sciences.
None the less, Ch00paKabrA knows better than the libtard experts, right?

Jeebus H., did. NJ legalize drugs? Cuz yer on sumthin.

Seriuosly? Those are WMD's WE supplied to Saddam when he was fighting Iraq. FFS man read, not watch Fox. Read some alternate sources. FFS there's a whole world of information out there.

BTW are you a veteran?

Point proven? No only that you deal in grossly over dramatic opinions and generalizations. As if someone needs to be a liberal to have faith in science and reason. Sadly fellow conservatives have stopped thinking and followed the bible waving zealots.

For now I'll just not bother and follow the half dozen pieces of advice sent by PM. To quote one,
It's futile to bother with this discussion, he is a bigot with his mind stuck in the past or something.

I'm going riding. From this moment on that's all I'll bother discussing here. Lie with impunity.

Ch00paKabrA said:
Did you actually read the article? Judging by your response, I would guess the answer is "no". The reason I would make that deduction is that if you had. you would see that it was a team of investigative journalists who questioned the outrageous claim.
You get your science facts from a financial/business magazine, I'll get mine from science journals and from investigative journalists working for science oriented magazines. I'm not bothered than my sources have a science bias.
Now, Since there is a very small chance that you will read the above, Let again state that you have not once countered the veracity of any statement I have made or evidence that I have posted.

All you have done is what all of the others have done and that is to belittle the messenger. Are you saying that the investigative journalists at a respected magazine such as Forbes are not up the task of talking to people and compiling evidence? That would be foolhardy as it is their job and they obviously do it well.
I read the above. Your sources lack credibility on the subject. I do dismiss messenger's who do not demonstrate a willingness to consider a reasonable breadth of the subject they write on, and instead pick and choose from nits and typos to prove their highly biased points. I don't need to read a Forbes article on science to validate their tendency to do exactly that. I know there is plenty of argument against the accepted scientific consensus on climate change, and I DO read what the accredited scientists have to say when they disagree with the consensus. What I don't do, and magazines like Forbes often do, is take the valid arguments which almost are entirely looking at some microcosm of the issue, and inflate the valid disagreements into areas vastly larger than what was intended. I read what the scientists themselves say. I have a science background with graduate science degrees from a major university (Purdue).
In their I have also posted comments from other scientists (CLIMATE SCIENTISTS) who basically call the IPCC a farce and call for its disbanding.
There will always be scientists on virtually every side of every issue. That you choose to only mostly misunderstand the reputable scientists with valid arguments against the work of the IPCC, while you ignore the overwhelming number of scientists around the world who support it.
Thank you Alan for you information with regards to the National Climate Assessment. There is one fatal flaw. If you had read the Forbes article, you would have read that some scientists did not out right dispute the Climate Change Theory because of "Refereeing". Just in case, you are not familiar with it. it is the process of by which scientists are encouraged to write papers in certain ways for sole purpose of not losing government grant money which has been the case for over a decade now. If the science is so sound, why the refereeing?
The refereeing question displays your huge ignorance of how science progresses. It has faults, but refereed journals use journal selected science experts in the field to critique submitted articles so that the journal editors (who are less expert) can make better determination of when an article merits publication, sharing the research with all scientists. It is quite typical for experts to dis a paper which will then get published anyway, along with the critiques. It is how science is discussed among scientists. It is how science makes far more progress than regress in understanding nature.

What is even funnier, is how you criticize government funding being responsible for directing what scientists say. Sure, that can be a problem, but that problem is microscopic compared to the exact same problem with private funding. Nearly all papers against climate change consensus today is from private funding sources. To eliminate this problem, you have to eliminate funding for science, except to the self-funded scientists. All ~0.00001% of them.
Now, Prior to making the following statement, I will inform that I have not read the report by the Nation Climate Assessment team. However, I can already find bias. The members of the team were overseen by members of the Federal Government who is known for pulling the grants from scientists who don't toe the line. This lends a bit of bias, I would believe.
Need I say more? Your extreme bias and ignorance is self imposed. You trust the oil industry (source of funding for the vast majority of papers against the CC consensus) more than you trust nearly every governmental agency from most of the worlds governments (including China, who has the most to lose economically if CC consensus is correct, so would be more naturally expected to side with the oil industry). In case you didn't know, EVERYTHING published by the IPCC has 100% consensus among the scientists and government/UN managers involved in the report. Any objection will lead to rewording or elimination, sentence by sentence, data point by data point.
Here is the problem with these reports. Those published by the government paint a doom and gloom picture. Those published by private "corporate" scientists paint an entirely different picture. Unfortunately, there no entity that can perform unbiased experimentation and research.
Even Exxon/Mobile is coming around to the reality of human caused, through burning carbon-based fuels, climate change. You might want to read their public annual report <http://corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/environment/climate-change>. In spite of their business depending on continued use of oil and gas, they recognize the accuracy of the IPCC reports. They open their climate assessment with, "Rising greenhouse-gas emissions pose significant risks to society and ecosystems. Since most of these emissions are energy-related, any integrated approach to meeting the world’s growing energy needs over the coming decades must incorporate strategies to address the risk of climate change."
Based on what I have been able to dig up, the doom and gloom scenarios are crap as are the computer models that are the sunny "there is nothing to worry about" models. the truth lies somewhere in between. However, because the Alarmists have the microphone, calmer heads will be unable to prevail.
Glad you know so much more than governments and Exxon Mobile. By the way, the other major oil companies are coming around as well. Just as the tobacco industry eventually admitted to the cancer causing effects of their products, so too must the energy companies face the reality of human caused climate change.

I love these kind of "discussions". Very entertaining. :p

Of course humans have caused global change, but not entirely for the reasons expertly discussed above.

It's just that there are too frocking many of us using way too much of our finite resources. As there is no way people will ever give up their comfy life style, the only solution is LESS people.

Imanage what the CO2 levels would be if only ½ the population were breathing... :idea:

You sir, continue to use the labels, not from me. No liberal, bigot, or any other box here. To bad, we'd probably enjoy EBikes together regardless of the political BS.

Ride safe,

Tom

So this morning I drove through a neighborhood where one guy had a sign out for reelecting a city councilman, while to each side and across the street they had signs with the guys' name and the red circle with the line through it, along with "Operation Clean Sweep." The idea is SUPPOSED to be that these guys can all go out and mow their lawn and get along. Although if one is an Obamatist he'll make that impossible. That's why us REAL Democrats couldn't stand that creep and his hate hate HATE speech from the very start. 27 months go to. (Sigh.)

Ch00paKabrA said:
Edit: Forget it. Not worth it.

Yeah, Tomazj, I must be a bigot.

Oh darn, I'm real disappointed. You were the one bothering to discuss rather than fling insults. If you let the people who have nothing to offer besides verbal abuse win, then verbal abuse will always carry the day. Tough balance, the knowing when to bail but I always think of the new person who looks at their first thing here as seeing people like THAT riding roughshod. YIKES! I always make sure I make my point about the truth AND the fool that's making me give it up before bailing on it, anyone who wanders in later gets a better impression. Especially when the goof just keeps babbling.

THIS way, the goofs are dancing in the street because they berated you to silence. Oh joy. Think of the CONFIDENCE you've given them. As they get worse, we'll all say 'Oh gee, THANKS Ch00paKabrA.'

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.
-H. L. Mencken

Kind words Dauntless. thank you.

Since the theme of this degenerated into the 97% debate I will simply leave you with 2 videos to watch. both by acclaimed scientists.

Regarding the claim of the 97% of scientists claim, here is a video by a conservative scientist who disseminated a petition asking other scientists from many fields to sign it if they disagreed with the claims made by the AGW Alarmisits like Cook et. al. He compiled the signatures of over 31,000 scientists in fields that ranged from Climate to medicine to engineers - many with PHDs.

The point of the exercise was NOT to dispute Global Warming or to prove otherwise. The sole purpose of the petition was to prove once and for all THAT THERE IS NOT CONSENSUS. The reason he did so was because the AGW Alarmists were able to avoid a discussion of the actual science while the illusion of a consensus persisted. More than 3% of Climate scientists to signed his petition thus destroying the fictitious 97% of climate scientists consensus as well.

No matter how you look at it, there is no consensus. Not 97% of anything regarding AGW agree on anything.

Dr. Arthur Robinson, a distinguished chemist and cofounder/president of the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine (OISM), was honored recently in Las Vegas at the Ninth International Conference on Climate Change (ICCC9) with the Voice of Reason Award presented by The Heartland Institute.

Dr. Robinson, who also edits the highly informative Access to Energy newsletter and has written articles for this magazine — sat down at the conference for an impromptu interview with The New American. (See the video below.)

In 1998, Dr. Arthur Robinson was one of the principal organizers of the Petition Project, an effort to demonstrate that the claimed “consensus” of science in favor of the belief that humans are causing catastrophic global warming does not exist. The event that precipitated the project was the United Nations-sponsored meeting in Kyoto, Japan, which produced the Kyoto Protocol, demanding global rationing of energy, ostensibly to save the world from the non-crisis of warming supposedly caused by burning hydrocarbon fuels.

Here is the video:

[youtube]Bp0AhaG7GFY[/youtube]

Yes, he is Republican and yes he is conservative. Did you really expect Nancy Peolosi to do a video like thes?

He is very soft spoken so if you want to hear him, you have to turn up the volume. That does mean that the interviewer is very loud.

The last video I will share comes from DR. Willie Soon. PHD Aero Space engineer who is disappointed that AGW Alarmists forget to include the most obvious suspect of GW in their equations - The Sun. In the last century, the sun was in a very active phase which lead to much of the Global warming that we are seeing today. The Sun has since gone into a more passive phase and the warming has stopped even though CO2 levels in the atmosphere are increasing. It does seem a bit foolish to exclude studying the effects of the sun since it is responsible for the majority of the warming in the Solar System.

Here is his video:

[youtube]_y-zEvzAxIk[/youtube]

You are right Dauntless. I am not posting these videos for Alan or TomazJ. They will not believe it no matter who says it and no matter what the evidence is. This is for anyone who is interested in hearing the other side of Global Warming

I will say no more. I have taken up trail riding to keep me from getting too fat this winter. I need to upgrade one of my bikes to survive it and I have created a nice compact under seat mounted case for 40 18650s and a small controller. I will be able to convert my bike from electric to pedal only in less than 5 minutes and back again in the same time. To me, this is more interesting that hashing it out with a bunch of folks who will only insult your intelligence and morals with their spitefullness and name calling.

I leave you with this. In the above posts by those who countered me, I would suggest that you read through their responses. They don't actually respond to anything. They just call names, change the subject or refuse to discuss because they don't trust the researcher. I enjoy a lively debate but this is not a debate. I am 50 years old next year. I am too old to fight and I have lost too much to care.

Once your mind is set as a liberal or conservative, facts don't matter. That is because you didn't become a liberal or conservative based on facts. Religion works the same way. I'm an atheist and non-political and I think everyone is full of crap.

dkw12002 said:
Once your mind is set as a liberal or conservative, facts don't matter. That is because you didn't become a liberal or conservative based on facts. Religion works the same way. I'm an atheist and non-political and I think everyone is full of crap.

Well put Sir.

Back