Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
fechter said:
The effect on the endocrine system is not well understood but very real. It has a lot to do with type II diabetes.

Hey, see my recent post. I just explained the type II diabetes connection with the microbiome, and diet, so it is now officially well understood, lol.

It's interesting how after I started cleaning up my diet of bacteria after fully understanding it, I started coming up with all these medical insights. If I didn't know any better, I'd say cleaning up the bacteria has made me smarter, lol. [I suspect that's why native asians are smarter than Americans; they don't consume wheat as much, so they get less bacteria making them stupider. Bacteria, in particular staph aureus, causes vascular impairment leading to dementia, so in effect, bacteria(staph aureus in particular) makes you stupider.]

Dauntless said:
They should have bought that way back when, too.

Wait... what? The USA had an opportunity to buy Baja california but they didn't? Oh man, I need to find my forefathers and give them a lesson in the importance of having control of tropical lands, lol. Secured year-round food production for the USA, yes. (Granted, we just import it instead, but I don't know how that's going to change with Trump, if at all. Still seeing a lot of produce from Mexico at HEB.)

So, anyway, with post meal blood sugar = carb loading + bacteria...

carb loading + bacteria
= carb loading + immune response
= carb loading + cortisol (Since cortisol causes blood sugar to skryocket thanks to its gluceogenesis.)

[This explains why bananas don't seem to increase bloodsugar in my brother, despite their "carb loading". It's because of the inert affect on bacteria populations. And, it's interesting... because my mom noticed that eating an egg with a meal brought down post meal blood sugar by ALOT... suggests maybe that the cooked egg is killing bacteria and keeping it at bay. I know raw eggs do, I just don't know if cooked ones do, but that observation does suggest that they do. So, an egg reduces both blood sugar and post meal blood pressure according to my model thanks to its bacteria&cortisol lowering affects. And, virgin coconut oil should have a similar affect thanks to its antibiotic lauric and caprylistic(?) fatty acids.]

We can now predict the answer to the question "Does banana consumption lead to type 2 diabetes like the zoo-keeper thinks?"

Hmm... And, I honestly have no clue. Because, I don't know if bananas cause bacteria populations to explode or not. I just assume they don't, so thus, there'd be very little connection between banana consumption and diabetes type 2 (Indeed, a past paper showed the opposite = every 3 servings per week showed a 5% reduction in diabetes Type 2 risk.). Now, there would certainly be a connection between dried bananas and diabetes, since bacteria can easily ferment the sugars in dried fruit. So there is a connection between sugar and diabetes 2, but it's refined sugars in particular, not so much the sugars in whole natural fruit. [Note, this is consistent with the Nauru. They ate fruits, coconuts and fish historically, now they eat refined sugars and diabetes type 2 has skyrocketed.]

Perhaps I should just eat 3 bananas and take my blood pressure to see what the blood pressure curve looks like. I'm just betting there won't be one, unlike if I ate an equivalent amount of cereal. Lack of blood pressure curve -> No cortisol released -> Implied minimal to nonexistent immune response and little to no diabetes risk.

So, the question of cortisol's affect on diabetes risk... I wonder if it's reversible? Or if it's one of those things where, past a certain point, it loses reversibility. Or maybe it's completely progressive, it never gets truly better overtime. The damage is done and it's sticking.

What else can cause heightened cortisol levels and thus heightened diabetes risk?

-Dietary bacteria (Wheat and refined carbs)
-Lack of good sleep (known diabetes risk)
-Subordinate / non-leadership positions
-Loneliness
-Anxiety/Depression and/or chronic stress
-Anger/Hostility
-Longterm high alcohol use (Alcoholic)

I'm not sure how sedentarianism relates to cortisol, but it seems like I get a bit stir crazy after sitting a while, suggesting that cortisol can build up with inactivity, so that might explain the link between sedentarianism and diabetes. But, maybe it's more to do with blood sugar burnin that physical activity provides.

swbluto said:
The USA had an opportunity to buy Baja california but they didn't?

I don't know how much opportunity there was, but even if Mexico didn't bring it up when they first approached Washington there were plenty of Senators and Congressmen to inquire. But that probably would have made the negotiations more difficult. Wishful thinking on Chalo's part but it was fun.

Dang, if you don't like the current banana's, they seem to be becoming extinct. Just as the last common banana did what? 50 years ago? You know how they had the potato blight in Ireland in the 19th century? The same thing happened to the last banana that was so popular and it no longer exists, though there sure is lore about how wonderful it was. The pale cousin we have now seemed to be headed down the same road to oblivion. Eventually mankind might be stuck with a banana we don't even LIKE, anymore.

Meanwhile, you can have too many bacteria, or too few. Just as you can have too many yeasts, or too few. If you have an imbalance, one exceeds requirements while the other comes up short, that can be messier still. What a wonderful thing to worry about when there's no real way for you to be sure.

So... I've definitively discovered that...

Bacteria causes....

-Diabetes Type 2 via cortisol
-Arthersclerosis via Staph Aureus Protein A and... maybe some involvement by cortisol
-Fatty Liver and Cirrhosis via Staph Aureus's Protein A
-Heightened post meal blood sugar and blood pressure ... via cortisol

Well, well, well. Looks like bacteria has been implicated in harming the heart, liver and kidneys. And, by harming the vascular system, it also harms the brain and any other organs dependent on good blood-flow[Brain is probably the most critical]. And, research additionally suggests it's involved in harming nerve cells with its MS/CXCR3-receptor association, though I haven't discovered the method of action. And, it also causes rheumatoid arthritis, so it's harming the joints. Bacteria, staph aureus in particular, seems to have its hand in most every organ vulnerable to disease in whatever form, from heart disease to dementia to Type 2 diabetes. If Alzheimers trulty is "Type 3 Diabetes" as I've seen it called, then by extension, bacteria causes Alzheimers as well.

And...

Back to what the guy said on quora about glucose... how it causes "leaky vessels". That implies bacteria causes vessel leakage and hemmhorage. But how? I don't understand. [It's how my grandpa died; massive intestinal blood leaking, showed up in the stool.]

That doesn't make sense... the research shows that fish/cocoa consumption ups the hemmhorage risk, but that could be because it increases blood flow rates ironically thanks to lowering bacterial populations [In particular, staph aureus with coagulase], and not necessarily because it causes damage/tearing in the vessel wall like it seems bacteria might be able to. That is to say, if one /always/ ate 'cleanly', you'd have thinner blood and greater bloodflow rates, but might have less tearing/damage to the vessel walls thus a lower overall risk of hermmorage. But, this is purely hypothetical; I don't know how bacteria might induce vessel tearing, staph aureus's involvement just seems way too plausible with Protein A's affects on the vessel wall.

Searching google, Staph Aureus hemmhorage

I see results like...

This propensity for early hemorrhages in S.aureus endocarditis has been noted by others

Fatal Staphylococcus aureus haemorrhagic pneumonia producing

Seems like Staph Aureus is known for its hemmoraging affects, yes, so staph aureus both clogs the vessels and rips them open. That's curious, because that's one common way of inducing death among animal-to-animal interactions; sever an artery via tooth (or claw, if you're lucky), and die from hemorrhaging in effect. It's curious to see that aureus does the same thing, but it does so from severing the vessel from the inside and not the outside.

Saw another ant today in the RV, I thought it was excellent time to take advantage of my "travel allowance" (2x 25 mile trips allowed per week), and got some barrier spray. Started cutting up and ripping up weeds that were touching my RV, wrapping up loose wire touching the ground, and spraying the hell of my wheels and trailer jack and so far... I've seen 4 ants, I've killed all 4 (The first one crawled onto me, ewww...). Time will tell if my measures are effective. I have plenty of spare time in between work periods to take care of this issue today.

Yippee, as of 10:41 a.m., I haven't seen an ant for 7 minutes! This is suggesting my efforts have helped. I think it's going to take a full 30 minutes of not seeing an ant to put my mind back at ease.

Update: Well, I've seen one ant or two ants so far, but the fact the frequency of sightings has been cut down dramatically suggests the original route is gone and these guys are the leftovers, so just kill on spot, and that should hopefully be the last of them. If not, they found another way in! lol

Okay, well, after I typed that, I saw 4 ants and tried to kill them all. I did, and I haven't seen them for a good 30 minutes now. I'm thinking this is getting a little better, lol, and I hope it stays that way, lol.

Spoke too soon, just saw an ant on the floor after it looked like something dropped from the ceiling. Where are these guys are coming in? I swear all the weeds are not touching my RV and none of the wires are touching the ground, so I'm just assuming these are either 'stragglers', or they are just blasting through that chemical barrier. The only things leading up from the ground and touching the RV are the power cord from the generator, the two wheels and the trailer jack, and I sprayed all of em.

And, I've just killed two large spiders in my RV today. What the heck?! Wherever the ants are getting in, the spiders are likely following them. They couldn't be falling from the trees, could they?

I should probably check the expiration date of that bottle...

Say "U 05:25:16 DL". So, either it was manufactured in May 2016, or it expires then. I think I might just use my second trip later today...

I suspect they're getting up the wheels, since they have the largest footprint of all the possibilities. I wouldn't think that large spider could climb up my power cord. Anyway, I just put tape on the trailer jack and the power cord, so now I just have to put on a second amount of whatever prevention/protecting on the wheels. Will start ripping up more of the surrounding grass/weeds.

Ok, returning back to previous ant prevention measures. Keep food waste/consumption inside the van. And, I'm going to pick up a sweeper along with a second barrier spray, and clean up this floor. Seems like the critters love the floor where all the crumbs are. And, I'm focusing on the wheels, obviously the biggest target. I'm assuming they aren't just falling from the trees.

Hmmm... you know... maybe I should be getting my RV onto those wooden boards I purchased... would be easier to control the ant population with wooden platforms. Sprays/tape methods are all easier and more reliable to apply. I think I might just need to build a moat around my wheels, lol. Create a little container that wraps around my wheels, and the container holds something that ants don't really like... like... what don't they like... do they swim? Yes they can. Ok, so... maybe... maple syrup.... oh that's a bad idea, the dogs/cats/rabbits/etc. will lick it all up. Jeez, what will my ant moat be comprised of?

Oh maybe water will work.

Oh, these people recommend soapy water. Good idea.

Sprinkle red chili powder, black pepper, cinnamon, dried peppermint (or its essential oil) where the ants are entering your home. (According to Rodale, crushed cloves work, too.) Place pet food bowls within a larger bowl of soapy water. This creates a moat that ants can't cross.Jan 16, 2013

Upon further research, it looks like I have Argentine ants. Pesticides apparently are ineffective on these guys according to wiki (oh, well, that might explain a few things, lol. I guess they are just blasting through the chemical barrier.). Looks like I'm going to try getting the RV on the wooden boards and try my hand at Area Denial tactics, lol.

On second thought, I think I'm going to try the inverted tape method. Even though I can't really wrap the entire wheel with one continuous piece of tape, I could do a section at a time and imbricate them. For the gaps in the tread, I think I'll just fill those with clay. I can use the clay I purchased or I can just dig up some clay on my property, lol.

So, yes, that's going to be the project for tomorrow morning. Apply an inverted tape barrier to my wheels.

Updated, it's 9:15 p.m. right now and it was dark for 3 hours and I still see ants crawling around my RV. OMG, reading "they will bite in your sleep", I knew there was a high chance of that since they don't have to walk far to find me, lol, I applied the tape barrier /right now/. I saw one ant crawling around the wheel so I *knew* that was the one they were crawling up, so I put a tape barrier on it and sealed the tread with clay. Time with tell if my efforts are successful, it just I now have 2-3 hours before sleep, so not much time to ensure I won't get bit, lol.

Update: 6:17 a.m., after killing the two remaining survivers, I haven't seen an ant for the last 8 hours. Oh, this inverted tape barrier is looking like a success, yes, yes. I will know for sure by this afternoon (They might just be sleeping).

Update: 9:15 a.m., looks like they found my other wheel. I knew it was inevitable, I was just hoping they wouldn't find it in a couple of hours, lol. Oh well, time to pick up some more gorilla tape, and secure those wheels. Alternatively, I could probably find purpose suited "ant barrier tape" somewhere.... I probably should find who has it...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Scorpion-Master-Barrier-Tape-900229/203772116

Looks like it's a "ship it" in item. Yep, can't wait on this issue, lol. Gorilla tape is shall be.

Ok, update, 11:06 a.m.; got some more tape and rounded my other wheel, so my whole RV should be protected from creepy crawlers like spiders and ants. Yay! Now just kill any stragglers on sight and that should be the last of them, I hope.

Well, this guy was living like our ancient ancestors! Living in the tropics and having a particular kind of diet.

And what was their diet?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/canadian-man-missing-five-years-234328240.html

Canadian man missing for five years found barefoot in the Amazon

He survived by scrounging through bins and picking fruits and berries.

He was eating fruits and berries. Yep, yep, I see so many of those wild berries around here, I can imagine they probably have the exact same kind of thing down in the Amazons. This is interesting, because blue berries have the greatest preventative affect for Diabetes type 2 according to research. Suggests that blue berries are particularly antibacterial. I wonder if this is the case...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26292998

Antimicrobial Effects of Blueberry, Raspberry, and Strawberry Aqueous Extracts and their Effects on Virulence Gene Expression in Vibrio cholerae.

The antimicrobial effects of aqueous extracts of blueberry, raspberry, and strawberry on 13 pathogenic bacteria were evaluated. The minimum inhibitory concentrations and minimum bactericidal concentrations of the extracts were determined before and after neutralization to pH 7.03 ± 0.15. Both Gram-positive and Gram-negative pathogenic bacteria were selectively inhibited by the non-neutralized berries. Blueberry was the best inhibitor, and Vibrio and Listeria were the most sensitive bacteria.

Indeed, blueberries are the most antibacterial berries of all the berries. That helps explain their diabetic preventative affect. And helps explain why our ancient ancestors were thought to be so much healthier.

Anyway, is there advice I would give to diabetics and prediabetics with my current level of knowledge?

Pretty much the same advice for diet recommendations for atherosclerosis prevention. Avoid wheat/rye/barley, processed/refined carbs/starch/sugars and eat antibiotic foods frequently (Those are the big ones.). I would also avoid dry cooked and high temperature cooked methods - destroys intact fiber, increasing the GI(bacterial growth capability) unlike boiling [Which limits the temperature to the boil temperature, 212 degrees, leaving fiber intact]. The method of preparation is as important as the level of processing, since itself is a form of processing and, similarly, has the potential to change the structure of the food and its antibacterial capabilities or bacterial growth tendencies.

If I were to state in a non-avoidment manner, I'd say something like eat whole foods in a natural way. Eat whole fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds with the rest somewhat sparingly. Exceptions for antibiotic fats/proteins, like eggs, fish and virgin coconut oil. Don't be afraid to embraace the sour/bitter/burning/medicinal-tasting things in life. It typically indicates antibiotic activity. Like, think of the bitterness of Hops. Or the medicinal taste of raw cocoa or turmeric. Or the burning of garlic/onions. Or the sourness of lemons/limes. One particularly profitable herb to grow is a bitter chinese herb, and no doubt is it well sought for its medicinal properties precisely because it's antibiotic.

If you could affect the other factors, I would also... not be lonely, be in a leadership position, make sure you sleep well, exercise and be physically active through the day, avoid alcohol abuse, don't chronically have stress/anger/hostility/fear, etc.; basically, the known "cortisol" factors.

Anyway, I wonder what kind of affect ruffrage (spinach,carrots,etc.) has on the microbiome. I wonder if the increased rate of defecation helps keep the bacteria levels down by "pushing them out" with the poo? It seems obvious to me you don't poo as much, in terms of volume, with eating bread vs. eating carrots. My own experience attests to this, I start pooing like crazy the next day when I get some vegetables. It's kind of obvious that poo takes some of the bacteria with it, since it normally smells.

Seems like someone else has figured out that cortisol causes diabetes...

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/cortisol-diabetes.10254/

Hi Lizzie,
Are you still grappling with this one? Yes, Cortisol causes Diabetes.
Doctors are told by pharmaceutical companies its doesn’t and patients are told by doctors in turn...
…so, every one will tell you Cortisol has nothing to do with it. But…

Cortisol causes diabetes, fact. Also, is one of the only documented causes. Further, all types of diabetes 2 have elevated cortisol levels from either emotional or physiological stress as there common factor.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cushing%27s_syndrome

http://www.essenceofstressrelief.com/general-adaptation-syndrome.html

Please read this before ranting everyone. You will notice not only the cause of Diabetes two but the cause of all the “risk factors” as well.

The test for Cortisol is very difficult to do (correctly), so doctors don’t do it when they can hand you a “you’re a diabetic” diagnosis. It’s just good practice in their eyes not to go looking for a mystery when they already have a treatment for diabetes. The amount of Cortisol that is damaging at sustained levels is much lower than that of the level that is considered dangerous at any one time. So if you have non-abating stress for several months you will start to develop diabetes regardless of who you are, even of your instantaneous cortisol level reads “normal”. Even though your cortisol levels may test as “normal” at the point of being tested you are still doing yourself progressive damage.

The treatments for type 2 are only treating the symptoms and will never cure you without other measures. You need to address your long-term stress. Exercise and diet are important, but not for the reason you have been told. You must eat a healthy diet to give yourself the best chance of recovery. You don’t need to be on any special restrictive diet – just normal and healthy. Exercise too is key, but you must enjoy it. Diet and exercise will help you fight stress more than anything else. You need to make yourself happy - everyday.

Ultimately you need to let go of the things that are stressing you. They wouldn’t be giving you trouble if that was an easy thing to do. But is it worth killing yourself? Find a way to eliminate the worst ones.

While I would love to quote some studies to back up my “wild theories” I can only point you to two documentaries I saw while forming this opinion:

“Stress: Portrait of a Killer” and “Dead Tired: Awake is the new sleep”.

They do not make any claims that are not based on proven fact and evidence. But at the same time, they are not scientific studies into stress cortisol and diabetes. To my knowledge there are no scientific studies into the causal relationship between stress, cortisol and diabetes.

I guess you can either see the logical link or you can’t. If you can you are on the path to recovery. If you can’t may I ask you to consider how you got a strong negative opinion, with no evidence, which contradicts scientifically proven facts?

It doesn't look like... however... he's figured out that intestinal bacteria causes cortisol when it invokes an immune response, like when bacteria populations get too big or wheat opens the epithelium junction gaps to small bacteria invasion, staph aureus in particular. How does dietary factors compare to emotional factors?

Well, the only clue I have is blood pressure. I know 'stress' (in its various forms) can cause my blood pressure to increase by roughly 10 points, oxytocin causes it to decrease by about 6 points, and eating a high glycemic meal (Like sugary cereal) can increase it by 25 points. So, it seems like eating a high glycemic meal would cause more damage, but a chronic stressor would potentially have longer duration. So, how they compare in terms of its diabetic damage... I do not know... It might be comparable. But, if the damage is really in the blood sugar peaks, or the cortisol peaks, then likely food consumption can potentially do more 'diabetic damage', especially repeated excessive high glycemic carb consumption and wheat consumption.

[youtube]My2FRPA3Gf8[/youtube]

Mmmm.... look at all that concrete...

Yes, this reminds me of hollywood depictions of LA, and I must admit I find that kind of environment /repulsive/. I know LA isn't just 100% 'concrete jungle' everywhere, I know they have palms and whatnot, but talking about those hollywood depictions and all... not just of vienna beach and the boardwalk, lol.

I /freaking/ love this forest environment compared to the concrete environment. I forgot how much I loved it until I saw this video, lol. That's one of the cool things about Houston's low-density development. Sure, you need a car, but everywhere you go... you see trees... and the natural environment... (Not everywhere, but outside the 10-15 mile radius from the center, mostly yes.).

Anyway, I guess I love 'the country' compared to 'the city'.

Great song. Did miley cyrus actually create that melody? I didn't know she was talented.

Anyway, while at the vintage wally world, I told the cashier of the ant invasion and she kind of acted like "no big deal". I should have clarified... the ants invaded my bedroom and pesticides didn't stop them! lol You know, the place where you're /supposed/ to sleep safely. It's not so safe when those little pincher-equipped monsters are roaming around at night right next to your bed. Anyway, both wheels have been tape barrier'd up, so I'm now pretty secure from creepy crawlers, I hope. Anyway, she went onto to tell it's going to be cold next week, and I was like "Cool, as long as it's not snowing, lol, it's fine by me, lol.". I don't really like sub-55 degree nights though... waking up feeling like you really should stay under the covers despite not wanting to... Oh, frustration. But, I guess there are bigger problems in the world now aren't there? lol

Man, just saw /another/ ant. I took a look at my tape barrier, and I saw a little spider got awfully far on the sticky side of the weak duct tape. I'm thinking... gorilla tape only for the sticky surface! So, I supplemented with gorilla tape so hopefully I shoudl be seeing no ants now. Everytime I see an ant... I'm taking action, lol.

It's clear my efforts are having an effect. The rate at which I'm seeing them now has been significantly reduced compared to yesterday. I see that the pesticide has killed everything /but/ ants, lol. So, I guess it 'works', just not for ants, lol. Or at least not these ants.

Fuuuudge... I saw an ant crawling on my work glove, so I redirected the ant to the backside of my gorilla tape and it just walked right across it. It obviously took a little more effort than normal for the ant to raise its legs, but it obviously had no problem just walking across the tape. So... that's how they're getting across. The gorilla tape is ineffective.

What the fudge... how will I take care of these guys? Pesticides don't work, they walk straight across sticky tape... Hmmm... maybe I'll just leave the sticky tape there AND wash my wheels of the pheremones the ants leave behind. Haha, yes, let's try it!

I decided to wash the wheels because as soon as I put the ant on the wheel, she just made a beeline towards the RV like she knew where she was going! That hints of ant pheremones, so hopefully I can "wash that off". In the mean time, I need to think of other measures. Like, maybe getting the RV on wooden boards and surrounding the wheels with smaller containers of soap water. I don't have those containers, however... I wonder if there's a substance that will "Stay sticky" in the presence of water/rain and has enough 'stick' to prevent ants from walking across? That's the kind of thing I could use.

Hmmm... maybe I could wash the wheels and then apply peppermint oil to them... hmmm.... remove the attractant(pheremones) and replace with a detractant(peppermint oil).

OK, think I'm going to try these suggestions at http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php?topic=55768.0 . Need to get some sprinkly stuff and borax stuff, etc. Check the ratings at the store.

Wait... what?

We had those HUGE BLACK ants droppin off the trees this weekend..........I must have killed 30 of the little buggers in the camper. I'm really beginning to dislike ants!

Last year at Myrtle Beach we had to spray and use 7Dust around the tires, hose, Power cable etc.......theose flippin "Fire Ants" were everywhere.

Just haven't figured out how to effectively keep them from coming in from above. Guess those are the Airborne division!

They ARE dropping off the trees?!!! Time to chop down some freaking trees, lol. Well, on second thought, I've seen an ant crawling on my tire yesterday night, so in all likelihood, they are climbing up my tires. Time to sprinkle some borax all around the tires. Apply some peppermint oil to the bottom of the tires. Apply a "take it back to the colony" borax trap outside the borax circle. The whole 9 yards.

The next thing I was thinking was putting plastic sheet across a wooden board, drive the rv wheels on the wood board, fold up the sheet into a bowl like shape using whatever, then put soapy water in it. Need to figure out how to get that bowl like shape from the plastic sheeting.

Oh, there's a neat trick. Apply vaseline to the wheels. Gotta get a bunch of that stuff. Apparently they will get stuck in the vaseline.

Update: Okay, got some vaseline and applied it to the axles right next to the wheels and the nearby wires.

Also, got some Terro 'poison the colony' traps. I'll use this if push comes to shove.

Haven't seen any ants since washing the wheels of the ant pheremones, but that could just be coincidence. That'd be pretty neat if that's all you had to do to stop an ant invasion: Wash the surfaces they walked on. Seems like it'd make a lot of sense. I don't think it'd necessarily stop them from 'finding you', however, since I'm assuming they can 'smell' and if they smell something good, they'll start browsing in that direction. However, I believe it's the 'scouts' that do that, not so much the worker ants that are simply following the scout's trail, so washing away the trail should probably keep them at bay for a little while until the scout comes back.

Update: looks like the petroleum jelly was effective in slowing them down, but didn't stop them. I just sighted an ant and the last one was seen 2.5 hours ago. Think I will cut the wires and focus on the axles.

While cutting the wires, I just noticed the right wheel is awfully close to the wheel well. Meaning, all an ant has to do is climb to the top of the tire and just 'reach' over to the chassis to get on the trailer, doesn't need to pass through the axle. So, I need to prevent the ant from climbing the right tire. Think I'll spread vaseline as low as possible on the right tire. If all else fails, I will be looking next into creating a soapy water moap to immerse the tire in, lol. I would also consider an 'electric fence' of some sort, lol, if the technology was easily/quickly accessible.

Update: Yes, I think I figured out these ants are unrelenting. I tried to block off one route, and I noticed they shifted to the one they previously abandoned. It's like these guys are determined to get in hell or high water, lol. So, now I made both routes /really/ hard for the ants to pass.

OK, idea time. Lay a plastic sheet on the ground in front of the tires and kind of tuck it in underneath. Drive the RV over it.

Anyway, isn't that kind of interesting?

eat meal -> bacteria ferments the easily digestible sugars/carbs (carbs locked within intact fiber matrices are not easy for bacteria to ferment; think natural fibrous whole fruit like apples or sweet potatos.) -> immune response -> cortisol -> higher blood pressure and higher blood sugar.

So, there's two ways to infer the immune response after a meal. Measure blood sugar, measure blood pressure. The problem with measuring blood sugar is you need to ascertain how much actual absoprtion of glucose is affecting blood glucose (fructose and galactose don't immediately affect blood glucose) and subtract that to derive what part of the blood glucose increase can be attributed to the immune response, which is hard for the common person to do. It's hard for doctors to do, almost everyone of them don't even know that it happens let alone understand why! However, dietary glucose... on its own... does not /directly/ cause increased blood pressure. Bacteria does, and bacteria ferments easily digestible glucose,fructose,galactose and all sorts of -ose's. So the rise in blood pressure can (most likely) be purely attributed to the immune response.

So, you can effectively tell how much a meal is hurting you by measuring the blood pressure curve after eating a meal, because this signifies the severity of the immune response. A more severe response generally means more white blood cells are dying and the more bacteria is invading, which is bad, particularly when it's staph aureus doing the invading. It's bad because

1) Staph aureus contributes to arthersclerosis which underlies the rising blood pressure with age typically seen in western nations, but not in native tropical islander countries. This underlies the increasing risk for heart disease and strokes with age seen in western countries, and currently, it's how half of all Americans die. This is definitely not true in the tropical islander nations who consume the native diet.

2) Cortisol contributes to Diabetes Type 2.

3) A bunch of other negative affects, like liver damage, nerve damage, joint damage and the such.

So, if you want to fine tune your meals, I'd suggest to start monitoring your blood pressure after eating a meal and start experimenting with antibiotic foods to see how much you can bring those post meal blood pressure numbers down. Try eggs, fish, penicillin cheese(blue cheese), etc., reduce the serving sizes of the carbs, choose lower glycemic more intact-fibrous carbs (Like boiled sweet potatos. Did I fail to mention sweet potatos? lol). Anyway, I just make it habit to consume my meals with fish, cocoa, limes for now, I would have eggs if I had chickens...

Anyway, if I were eating white rice again... I'm think it'd be wise to add turmeric or coconut oil to it... coincidentally, it's what the natives of india and the native tropical islanders do.

DAND214 said:
swbluto said:
DAND214 said:
Swbluto wrote:
Mmmm.... look at all that concrete...
Concrete, Where?

Dan

Middle of the video.
Thanks DR Bluto.
I guess you see what you want to see and I see what I want to see. :mrgreen:
Should I check my BP after it or before it?

Dan

Check it before it for control numbers, and maybe every 10 minutes after it for the next 2 hours. I would do this experimenting, since I'm a experienced pro is measuring my BP numbers, lol, but... don't really have a handy table at my disposal, lol.

I'm /really/ interesting in comparing 3 bananas (80 grams of carbs) vs. 80 grams of white bread. If my model is correct, there will be a noticeable difference in the blood pressure curve. And, then, maybe 80 grams of purple grapes. And 80 grams of blueberries (I know, /expensive/, lol).

My guess...

bread>>banana>grapes>blueberry

Then, comparing the grains with each other. 80 grams of white rice vs 80 grams of brown rice vs 80 grams of bread vs 80 grams of oats.

Oh jeez, I'm getting a little excited I finally understand the major causes behind a fundamental factor to longevity(Or lack of) and it is measureable. If it is measureable, it can be systematically optimized, which is kind of awesome. No more 'guessing' about what's good/bad, your body's BP numbers will tell you.

A possible confounding factor might be the salt/potassium ratio in each food since that will affect the fluid volume in the bloodstream and thus blood pressure. But, if we removed the added salt from all the foods, then they would be comparable. Natural foods don't have a lot of salt. However, it'd be hard to control for salt in meals that contain it unless you ensured there was an equal amount of salt in each meal being compared. And, contrary to what people tell you, salt is not bad for you. What is bad for you it not eating enough potassium and then overeating salt. Salt will inhibit bacteria, so it actually has a beneficial effect but enough potassium should be consumed along with it to balance it out.

For example, 300 mg of sodium with a small sweet potato with 600 mg of potassium. A 2:1 potassium:sodium ratio seems likely to be ideal looking at the healthy cultures. And, 300mg of sodium with a sweet potato like that is delicious, lol.

swbluto said:
Middle of the video

Thanks DR Bluto.
I guess you see what you want to see and I see what I want to see. :mrgreen:
Should I check my BP after it or before it?

Dan

Check it before it for control numbers, and maybe every 10 minutes after it for the next 2 hours. I would do this experimenting, since I'm a experienced pro is measuring my BP numbers, lol, but... don't really have a handy table at my disposal, lol.

I'm /really/ interesting in comparing 3 bananas (80 grams of carbs) vs. 80 grams of white bread. If my model is correct, there will be a noticeable difference in the blood pressure curve. And, then, maybe 80 grams of purple grapes. And 80 grams of blueberries (I know, /expensive/, lol).

My guess...

bread>>banana>grapes>blueberry

Then, comparing the grains with each other. 80 grams of white rice vs 80 grams of brown rice vs 80 grams of bread vs 80 grams of oats.

Oh jeez, I'm getting a little excited I finally understand the major causes behind a fundamental factor to longevity(Or lack of) and it is measureable. If it is measureable, it can be systematically optimized, which is kind of awesome. No more 'guessing' about what's good/bad, your body's BP numbers will tell you.

A possible confounding factor might be the salt/potassium ratio in each food since that will affect the fluid volume in the bloodstream and thus blood pressure. But, if we removed the added salt from all the foods, then they would be comparable. Natural foods don't have a lot of salt. However, it'd be hard to control for salt in meals that contain it unless you ensured there was an equal amount of salt in each meal being compared. And, contrary to what people tell you, salt is not bad for you. What is bad for you it not eating enough potassium and then overeating salt. Salt will inhibit bacteria, so it actually has a beneficial effect but enough potassium should be consumed along with it to balance it out.

For example, 300 mg of sodium with a small sweet potato with 600 mg of potassium. A 2:1 potassium:sodium ratio seems likely to be ideal looking at the healthy cultures. And, 300mg of sodium with a sweet potato like that is delicious, lol.[/quote]

No wonder you haven't finished the forest land. You are spending too much time figuring out what you and this forum should eat!

We still haven't seen this paradise. Pictures are much more informative than all the words you keep posting. maybe I could sent you some of mine and you could use them instead of real pics of yours. I'll have to wait a few months so it has leaves without snow. I can't really complain ablt snow too much since it's been warm here too. So nice I got my 5 ride of the year today. Only 14 miles to my lake in the woods. More tomorrow and this weekend.

I still need to see pictures of your trailer on that forest land of yours.

Dan

Ummm... no, not really... see... I was just on national TV and my order log got BOOKED UP for a whole week, and I'm in the smack dab middle of fulfilling all those orders. On the plus side, I will have good money to do things I want. On the negative side, no time to do them! lol (Actually, I will in a couple of days, yes.)

So... now I soon will have funds...

I need to prioritize.

What projects/costs/wants are there? (Estimated costs)

-Driveway ($250)
-"Tree Crashing Into The RV" preventive structure ($60)
-Fence ($300)
-Above ground pool ($600)
-Tropical Greenhouse (? Maybe $1000? $2000? Just need a few wooden poles for the structure and some greenhouse plastic. Need to plan and price out.)
-garden seeds ($50?) + soil ($100) + water tanks($300)
-Fruit&Nut trees ($200-$1000)
-Chicks and chicken coop ($200; $500 if including the necessary fence.)
-Pug ($600; Woah, the price of pugs went up! It used to be $450 in houston last november, it's now averaging at $600)
-Shed ($350)

Guess I'm not really that rich, lol.

-Well, the driveway needs to be done.

-Fruit&nut trees are the second highest priority. Best to get trees started sooner rather than later.

-Should get the water tanks, but that's more for ensuring consistent/maximum fruit/veggie growth. The trees will still grow without consistent watering, just the fruiting might not be the best. This purchase can be delayed. Might as well get the seeds/suckers at the time I get this going, because sweet potatos will probably need consistent watering.

-Tropical greenhouse can be delayed until the fall time.

-I don't strictly need a a fence to grow trees, but it'd give peace of mind with the dogs that roam here. Plus, it enables the purchase of chickens and the veggie garden (Dog would benefit as well, but he/she can be kept on a lease. Wow, I know, I'm like the most civilized person in this neigbhorhood. :roll: Actually, I think I'm roughly in the same class at the "upper half" of this neighborhood in terms of decorum, it's the "lower half" elements that have bad neigbhorhood habits. I'd probably opt to get this started when when starting the garden and/or chickens.

-The shed can be delayed.

-A pool sounds like a great idea... but where exactly am I getting the water? I don't think I want to be using the ditch water for swimming, lol. I'd have to do some serious off-the-ground rainwater collection, and that means I'd also need a rainwater collection system going. A pool now sounds like $1000-$1500 item at this point, obviously can't afford it. So, low priority, lol.

Tree Protection can be delayed, for how long depends on how lucky I'm feeling, lol.

So... for now... priority goes...

1.Driveway
2.Fruit/Nut trees
3.Fence
4.Tree Protection [Residential ability partially secured,lol]
5.Garden/Water [Secured food production]
6.Pug [Emotional support secured, lol. This is actually somewhat important for longterm health.]
7.Chickens/Chiken-coop [Egg production and garden fertilizer]
8.Shed [Fully expand the business operations out.]

Woke up to torrential rainfall AND...

Checked out weather.com, tornado watch issued until 1 p.m.

Issuing Office: Houston/Galveston
Source: National.Weather.Service
5:09am CST, Tue Feb 14
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED TORNADO WATCH 32 IN EFFECT UNTIL 1 PM CST THIS AFTERNOON FOR THE FOLLOWING AREAS IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS THIS WATCH INCLUDES 1 COUNTY JACKSON IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS THIS WATCH INCLUDES 17 COUNTIES AUSTIN BRAZORIA CHAMBERS COLORADO FORT BEND GALVESTON GRIMES HARRIS LIBERTY MATAGORDA MONTGOMERY POLK SAN JACINTO WALKER WALLER WASHINGTON WHARTON THIS INCLUDES THE CITIES OF... ALVIN... ANAHUAC... ANGLETON... BAY CITY... BELLVILLE... BRENHAM... BROOKSHIRE... CLEVELAND... COLDSPRING... COLUMBUS... CONROE... CORRIGAN... DAYTON... EAGLE LAKE... EDNA... EL CAMPO... FREEPORT... FRIENDSWOOD... GALVESTON... HEMPSTEAD... HOUSTON... HUMBLE... HUNTSVILLE... KATY... LAKE JACKSON... LEAGUE CITY... LIBERTY... LIVINGSTON... MISSOURI CITY... MONT BELVIEU... NAVASOTA... ONALASKA... PALACIOS... PASADENA... PEARLAND... PIERCE... PRAIRIE VIEW... RICHMOND... ROSENBERG... SEALY... SHEPHERD... SUGAR LAND... TEXAS CITY... THE WOODLANDS... TOMBALL... WEIMAR... WHARTON... WILLIS AND WINNIE.

I thought tornados didn't touch down until March? Shit, there's the thunder.

Yeah, I don't have a viable tornado action plan in place /right now/. Obviously, that's getting changed fast, lol. I mean, I do have the last resort method available; lie flat in a ditch and put my hands over my head. But, that doesn't seem like an appealing option when there's heavy rainfall and lightning all around you. (Ditch fills with disgusting water, lightning could strike)

So, should I "go to work" today? I might just push it off... Still need to get stuff done.

I wonder if it's a bad idea leaving gasoline cans outside in a thunderstorm?

60 mph winds predicted, there could be some falling trees. I swear I've never noticed falling trees until last year, when a windstorm swept through spokane and took down powerlines and blocked streets all across the city, left us without power for a week.

And, DAMN, that lightning was STRONG. >.<

I still haven't figured out how I would know there's a tornado coming. The forest obscures my view of anything beyond 200 ft. in all directions, and I think the forest has a way of reducing winds at the forest floor, so I likely won't be experiencing 60 mph winds down here. Maybe 20-30.

Yeah... so the advice...

Watch out for dark, rotating clouds. If you see one, take shelter immediately!

is not something that seems very practical in my situation. Not a lot of clouds I can see from here.

I think I would feel more comfortable in a shed versus an RV during a thunderstorm, especially one with plenty of windows.

On wiki...

Unlike Dallas, Houston is not in Tornado Alley. Smaller tornadoes can occur during severe weather. They are most likely to be found along frontal boundaries of an air mass during the spring months. Tornadoes in Houston usually measure a weak F1 on the old Fujita scale, and cause light to moderate damage to well-constructed buildings. The strongest recorded tornado in Houston history was an F4 on November 21, 1992, part of a large outbreak of tornadoes in Harris County.[28]

I wonder how "Light to moderate damage to well-constructed buildings" translates to RVs?

Anyway... I just thought of something... beta monkeys will tremble during storms while the alpha male(s) would starting engaging in threat displays to confront the storm [Maybe not well enough developed to realize that it doesn't have intentions like an animal would... I think most people recognize that thunderstorms don't have intention, even though some might react to it similarly? I could be wrong.]. This implies that monkeys are "anthropomorhizing" the storm, leading to me to think they have well developed social cognition. I think there social cognition is probably on par with human's social development, just that we have the added benefit of language, especially written language, that enables the development of technologies that persist and progress. With written language, technological ideas/knowledge doesn't get lost when the person who knows dies, it lives (ideally) beyond the death or any individual and can carry ideas forward to future generations. It also allows for ideas to disseminate widely instead of being confined to one region/city/person/small-group-of-people[The gutenberg press definitely aided this particular capability, which shouldn't be underestimated.]. Monkeys don't have written language, so they don't that same progressing technology advantage that humans enjoy. Otherwise, I think they are probably on par with human thinking. Maybe dumb human thinking, but human thinking. Well, maybe really dumb human thinking.

Anyway, seems like gardeners use vaseline with good success to stop ants from climbing up their fruit trees (It's advised not to use it by someone, will kill the tree), and it seems to be working on my RV. I tried applying it to the axle, but it's not easily accessible so it's somewhat haphazardly applied, so after spotting ants still getting aboard, I then applied the rest to the bottom of the wheels and that seems to be keeping them off my wheels. So, yep, vaseline seems to do the trick - It was also one of the cheaper solutions ($4 for 2 tubs). I think the trick is to make sure the vaseline barrier is at least 2x as wide as the ant, because they ants will 'charge' to 'bash through things' and I guess if the barrier isn't wide enough, they can get past the Vaseline barrier.

Anyway, I guess in a way, I can be thankful for the ants. They forced me to find an effective technique to block them out, and whatever works for them will work for pretty much every other creepy crawler. Just squashed what looked like a tick or bedbug, so yes, I think I can thank them for upping my anti-bug skill level. I think the battle with the ants just gave me +200 Experience Points, lol.

Anyway, some of those old "ant RV prevention" threads have several success stories. One guy recommends "Borax chalk", which I check out and of course it's now illegal, and then another guy found DIONIZIPAN(?) was highly effective, which also became illegal in 2005. The thread was made in 2004. Amazing, all the effective shiiit is illegal. :roll: And, that's because what works on ants, also works on little children, lol. They should just make it illegal for parents with little kids to buy those substances, lol.

Tips on surviving a tornado in a RV:
https://www.google.com/#q=rv+in+a+tornado

When I lived in Minnesota, they had warning sirens you could hear if a tornado was approaching. Alerts would also be issued on the Emergency Broadcast System. They make special radios designed to pick up the EBS alerts. Some newer smart phones can also get these alerts.

fechter said:
Tips on surviving a tornado in a RV:
https://www.google.com/#q=rv+in+a+tornado

When I lived in Minnesota, they had warning sirens you could hear if a tornado was approaching. Alerts would also be issued on the Emergency Broadcast System. They make special radios designed to pick up the EBS alerts. Some newer smart phones can also get these alerts.

Thanks for the heads up! That's what I'm looking for, EBS alerts.

OK, it downpoured and... I'm noticing that the ditch has water backuped on the right and a little water on the left and I can see a little stream flowing to the left across a little gap in the driveway. Yes, I see, there /is/ water flow to this ditch AND going without a culvert would probably lead to flooding on the right side to cross, and if it didn't cross my driveway, it would cross my yard, lol. So, I see a culvert is well advised in this situation, lol. For water collection, all I have to do is clog the culvert and start tapping that dammed water. (No pun intended, lol)

I could go without a culvert, but I would have to dig a trench going around the driveway so that it could flow around the driveway.

Luckily, it's still pretty easy for me to put in a culvert at the moment. And I can afford it. And, I'm thinking a driveway trench probably would have a negative impact on the resale value unlike a culvert. That's one of those "Penny wise, pound foolish" kind of things in the event it gets resold.

And.

Cisco, once it's covered and the dirt packed around it, you'll be surprised at how much it would take to crush the pipe. My brother put two drainage pipes (4" schedule 40 PVC for one and now I've forgotten the name for the other black one of about the same thickness) under his driveway; no more than 3" deep and regularly drove an 18,000 pound truck over them with no problems.

Yes, I was having the same idea. Just buy some regular smaller sized diameter pipe from home depot. Looks like I'll need three 10 ft. 4" pipes and two 4" pipe connectors. The culvert needs to be like 14-15 ft. wide. near the entrance. Seems like it should be $75. And, to protect the pipes from clogging, put an appropriate screen before the pipes. Periodically clean the screen. Doing that, I could probably get away with 1x 4" 10ft. pipe and 1x 5ft. pipe . The reason why larger pipes are advised is due to leaf clogging, not flow rates. A lot of water can travel awfully fast through a 4" pipe given it's not clogged.

And... I'm starting to think that...

Eating an antibiotic food/liquid before bed might be advised; I'm thinking maybe... red wine,apple cider vinegar, cocoa, lemon/lime juice,etc.. I'm saying that because the meals throughout the day might have a tendency to build up bacteria colonies and if you go to sleep with those bacteria colonies, it might up the chances of night/morning issues. I'm saying this in light of doctors advising to take an aspirin before bed among those suggested to take one on a daily basis. So, I'm thinking a glass of red wine and aspirin before going to bed might not be a bad idea among those advised to take a daily aspirin.

I've just noticed how I start the morning kind of sluggish/not-quite-there and then the cocoa drink later in the day brought me back to normal (In the same way that pineapple did, which has /strong/ antibiotic properties), so I'm thinking that nightime antibiotic drink consumption might help to stave off morning issues. Red wine might be more advised than cocoa, since the latter tends to keep people awake. But... red wine is not without tradeoffs. Apple cider vinegar would probably be a good compromise, seemingly little in the way of tradeoffs. Then again, I could be wrong, maybe it increases the risk of cancer.

Well, searching for apple cider vinegar, the first paper I see is about apple cider vinega'rs antiglycemic effect. Isn't that interesting?

Because...

We already discovered that bacteria causes blood sugar levels to increase and apple cider vinegar is a known strong antibiotic, so by ingesting apple cider vinger, it is very plausible that blood sugar levels would go down as cortisol decreases reflecting the diminished bacteria populations. Isn't this relationship interesting?

bacteria->immune response->cortisol->blood-sugar

Or, in simpler terms...

bacteria->blood-sugar

It seems so /obvious/, but yet, it's so well unknown, lol.

Anyway, apple cider vinegar should also have the affect of keeping blood pressure numbers down, as well as any strong antibiotic foods/drinks/liquids.

Anyway... back to the cancer thing...

Don't see a lot of studies linking apple cider vinegar to cancer. It's plausible there's not much of a link, since apple cider vinegar are noticeably less acidic than grain vinegars. Grain vinegars, which were used extensively in pickling foods, were a large cause of stomach cancers during the Great Depression. People in the great depression ate a lot of pickled foods.

Based on that, i wonder if habitual consumption of green limes, as opposed to yellow limes, could increase cancer risk? Green limes, being unripe, are noticeably more acidic. But, maybe not, I've been told that limes have powerful anticancer "limoids".

I wonder... if bacteria has any relationship to cancer...

I known some viruses do.

But, I'm not entirely certain that bacteria can manipulate DNA like viruses can.

How would I go about discovering the associations here.

At first blush, it doesn't seem like there's a connection since red wine, a strong antibiotic, ups the risk of cancer. Or does it? Let's find out..

Seeing a lot of hypothesizing, not much data.

Well...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19521962
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20661834

Little to no association in these particular studies. (Small numbers affect)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2710299/ [Large group in this one]

In this large, multi-center, population-based case control study, alcohol was associated with an elevated risk of breast cancer, primarily because of increased risk in postmenopausal liquor drinkers. Neither red nor while wine was related to breast cancer.

Interesting, unlike the other alchohols, it has no affect on breast cancer risk. Perhaps the reservatol and other wine phytonutrients protects the body from the wines carcinogens?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15386436

Each additional glass of red wine consumed per week showed a statistically significant 6% decrease in relative risk (OR = 0.94; 95% CI = 0.90-0.98), and there was evidence for a decline in risk estimates across increasing categories of red wine intake (trend p = 0.02). No clear associations were seen for consumption of beer or liquor. Our present study suggests that consumption of beer or liquor is not associated with prostate cancer. There may be, however, a reduced relative risk associated with increasing level of red wine consumption. Further research is needed to evaluate the potential negative association between red wine intake and prostate cancer risk

Seems like there's either no association or a possible negative association, depending on the cancer. I guess that suggests that different cancers have different etiologies, which seems sensible. Which implies that if bacteria is a cause of some forms a cancer, there's many cancers where it isn't. I wonder which cancers bacteria might be associated with?

Colon cancer seems plausible. Any of the cancers in the digestive tract seems plausible (mouth, throat,stomach,small intestine, large intestine, colon, rectum). And, I suddenly lost the will to keep researching this, lol.

Okay... let's continue investigating the various antibiotic foods and their associated cancer associations to help answer the question does bacteria cause cancer.

--Eggs--

In the multivariable model with adjustment for age, sex (when applicable), residence, education, income, interviewer, smoking, alcohol intake, intake of fruits and vegetables, grains, dairy products, fatty foods, meat, energy intake and BMI, there was a significant increase in the odds of cancers of the oral cavity and pharynx (OR= 2.02, 95% CI: 1.19-3.44), upper aerodigestive tract (OR= 1.67, 95% CI: 1.17-2.37), colorectum (OR= 1.64, 95% CI: 1.02-2.63), lung (OR= 1.59, 95% CI: 1.10-2.29), breast (OR= 2.86, 95% CI: 1.66-4.92), prostate (OR= 1.89, 95% CI: 1.15-3.10), bladder (OR= 2.23, 95% CI: 1.30-3.83) and all cancer sites combined (OR= 1.71, 95% CI: 1.35-2.17) with a high vs low egg intake.

Wow.... eggs cause cancer? Did not know that. I wonder how? Is it because everyone is frying their egg subjecting it to high temperatures and thus producing carcinogens? What if people like... you know... boiled the egg... limiting it to the boil temperature? (I'm starting to think I need to get those raw peanuts and boil them. These peanuts I get from the mexican grocery have obviously been roasted, as well as the commercial peanuts. The carbonization tastes so good, but I do know... at least strongly think, lol.... that it causes cancer.).

More evidence showing high temperature preparation methods cause cancer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3319155/Oh-spuds-Study-finds-crispy-roast-potatoes-crunchy-toast-contain-high-levels-cancer-causing-chemical-research-does-provide-tips-avoiding-toxin.html

Crispy roast potatoes, crunchy home-cooked chips and dark brown toast can give you cancer warns food watchdog

All have been prepared at high temperatures. Nothing should be baked, fried, roasted or toasted.

So, this leads me to strongly believe that the way eggs are typically prepared causes cancer, not that eggs in their natural state actually cause cancer. In fact, it looks like eggs in their natural should be possibly preventative.

Egg yolks are a significant source of choline, consumption of which has been found to be associated with lower risk of breast cancer in some studies.

Anyway, I typically consume fruits, veggies, nuts, cheese, fish and no bread products or other baked goods for the most part. The nuts I eat appear to be roasted (bad), the canned fish has been cooked but I'm not sure how (Baked? Boiled?),

Well...wiki...

Fish have a low acidity at levels where microbes can flourish. From a public safety point of view, foods with low acidity (a pH more than 4.6) need sterilization under high temperature (116-130 °C). To achieve temperatures above the boiling point requires a method of pressurized cooking which is provided by the containment within the can.

116-130C you say... Well, I think most browning starts at around 300F which is 150C so likely canned fish doesn't contain many high temperature carcinogens.

Well, I guess I should be concerned about my cancer risks or something; it's how the other half of American die. Anyway, I wonder why the virginia peanuts taste so tasteless compared to the mexican ones. Is it because they're prepared in soil that has been stripped of its magnesium and not been replaced? (Magnesium is not typically added back to the soil among most large farming operations in the USA. I will definitely be adding soil sources rich in magnesium.)

And cocoa powder is typically roasted. I guess I should do what the panamanian natives do, and boil the cocoa solids and filter them out. I'm not really sure what the "cocoa solids" are though? Is that like fragmented cocoa beans? Guess I need to get some fermented cocoa beans, start beating them with a hammer, boil them and strain them out. Might need to take a trip to the whole foods market to find something like that.

So, if I were to have a "avoid cancer" diet, I would...

-Avoid high temperature cooked foods (Roasting/baking/frying/toasting/etc.)
-Avoid chemicalized foods (much packaged meats, etc.)
-Don't eat red meat (I actually do wonder if boiled red meat has an association with colon cancer? Maybe it doesn't...)
-Eat all the lycopene (A bunch of different tropical fruits/veggies)
-Eat all the green leafy nitrates (spinach,kale,etc.)

Those last two should also be in the "avoid CVD" diet. I've been focusing a wee bit too much on the bacteria causes, and forgot to include the dietary factors that are known to reduce it.

-Lycopene
-Green leafy nitrates
-Vitamin D rich food (some fish, some mushrooms)
-What else... choline, I guess. I do know that choline consumption significantly improves the memory of ones offspring. Perhaps pregnant women should be eating egg yolks?

https://weather.com/storms/tornado/news/severe-weather-tornado-gulf-coast-texas-louisiana-houston-impacts

Roof damage to homes and businesses was reported near Stafford, Texas, due to a possible tornado, the National Weather Service said. A brief tornado was also reported south of Rosenberg, Texas. Both of those locations are southwest of Houston.

A line of severe storms caused damage in southeastern Texas Tuesday morning, including near the Houston metro area, and at least two people were hurt.

In Van Vleck, Texas, recreational vehicles were flipped and structural damage was reported along a path approximately a mile long. KHOU.com said two people were injured in the town of about 1,400 located some 70 miles southwest of Houston. The extent of their injuries was unknown.

Tornados already spotted? :shock:

Time to get that storm shelter built ASAP!

Looks like I got lucky, being in the middle of a dense forest, I didn't experience much RV-flipping wind. It'd be a different story if this forest was "fully developed" via surburbia style.

There's an interesting theory surrounding the concept of Advanced Glycation Endproducts and its relationship to disease. It's expounded upon in detail in the book Wheat Belly. Anyway... I found this research paper that talks about Advanced Glycation Endproducts and I'm seeing so many associations with bacteria, but I absolutely have no idea what bacteria has to do with AGEs unless staph aureus's cross-linking activity (It likes to form membranes) might be contributing somehow. Seems like an absurd possibility, but maybe there's something to it.

Anyway...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3704564/

Modern diets are largely heat-processed and as a result contain high levels of advanced glycation end products (AGEs). Dietary advanced glycation end products (dAGEs) are known to contribute to increased oxidant stress and inflammation, which are linked to the recent epidemics of diabetes and cardiovascular disease. This report significantly expands the available dAGE database, validates the dAGE testing methodology, compares cooking procedures and inhibitory agents on new dAGE formation, and introduces practical approaches for reducing dAGE consumption in daily life. Based on the findings, dry heat promotes new dAGE formation by >10- to 100-fold above the uncooked state across food categories. Animal-derived foods that are high in fat and protein are generally AGE-rich and prone to new AGE formation during cooking. In contrast, carbohydrate-rich foods such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains, and milk contain relatively few AGEs, even after cooking. The formation of new dAGEs during cooking was prevented by the AGE inhibitory compound aminoguanidine and significantly reduced by cooking with moist heat, using shorter cooking times, cooking at lower temperatures, and by use of acidic ingredients such as lemon juice or vinegar. The new dAGE database provides a valuable instrument for estimating dAGE intake and for guiding food choices to reduce dAGE intake.

They're talking about 'oxidant stress', remember how antioxidant is codeword for antibacterial and the many examples I've provided so far that illustrates that? And, look, they're talking about heart disease and diabetes. I've already linked both of those disorders to bacteria.And, then look at the inhibitory compounds they're talking about. I already see lemon juice and vingear, which are both well establish antibacterials. So what is this aminoguanidine? Does it have antibacterial properties too?

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/307555111_Synthesis_and_antimicrobial_evaluation_of_amino-guanidine_and_3-amino-124-triazole_derivatives_as_potential_antibacterial_agents

Appears that it does.

A series of aminoguanidine derivatives bearing a 1,3,4-oxadiazole or piperazine moiety has been synthesized and fully characterized together with a series of 3-amino-1,2,4-triazole derivatives, and the resulting compounds were evaluated for their antibacterial activity. Most of these compounds showed broad-spectrum antibacterial activities against both Gram-positive and Gramnegative bacteria with minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) and minimum bactericidal concentration (MBC) values in the range of 1-64 μg/mL

I'm seeing so many links to bacteria to this theory of "Advanced Glycation Endproducts". I'm suspecting this is another theorization that supposes that these deadly common diseases can only be explained by overly complicated (And ultimately wrong) theories, because obviously there are no simple explanations that have been found (yet) that explains them and, if the explanation was simple, they would've been found already, right? So the explanation must be some complex hard-to-understand theory. Granted, I think the researchers like coming up with complicated models, because it brings them pleasure coming up with new theories that explain things that haven't yet been adequately explained and the complications make for intrigue, even if they're wrong.

Anyway... I'm still reading this.... because perhaps my understanding is wrong. I really don't think it is, though, not when the vast majority of the implicaitons/predictions of my theory have near 100% congruence with the clinical research I later find and wikipedia pretty much spells it out, if you happen to know what you're looking for and can connect the dots. And, it just seems sensible. "Bad bacteria" hurting us seems more compelling than intentless "Advanced Glycation Endproducts", and the bad bacteria has already well established itself as having some pretty severe virulence and deadliness, so it being an explanation for more diseases we don't fully understand yet would not be all that surprising.

Anyway, I wonder why virulent bacteria like staph aureus exists. Most bacteria isn't as 'cunning'/virulent/well-equipped as staph aureus, so I wonder why it exists. It just doesn't seem like an accident that it exists, there must be a reason why or a certain purpose it fulfills that explains its existence.

Looks like the weather's going to be safe for the next 2 days, and possibly safe for the next 5, lol. So, I have 5 days to get that storm shelter in place and get the EAS equipment. I actually wonder if my phone gets EAS signals? Because it definitely gets spontaneous AMBER alerts, which is the only thing it gets (It's supposed to be my Wifi router).

Oh, this is pretty cool.

Yes, you may change your device’s settings to opt out of Imminent Danger and AMBER Alerts, but you can’t opt out of Presidential Alerts. Check your device’s User Guide for instructions

These are the three types of Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA):
Presidential Alerts: About news of national authority concern
Imminent Danger Alerts: Severe and Extreme alerts about weather events and threat levels
AMBER Alerts: About the disappearance of persons (minor or otherwise)

Now it's a question if my device is enabled for Imminent Danger alerts... lol. [Phone keeps asking for PW to change the settings, so I'm not even sure if I can view the settings. Looks like the Messaging app got removed, and I don't know how to add it back on.]

Today is work, tomorrow is work, and the day after that is possibly work, so looks like I have upto 2-3 free days to get this storm shelter arranged before the next one. The next one might not be bad, but I'm not counting on it, lol.

Anyway, I'm looking into the flavanols/polyphenols and seeing if they have similarities to well established antiseptics, like hydrogen peroxide.

This will be the FLAVANOL/POLYPHENOL page.

Some common antiseptics.

Hydrogen peroxide

Hydrogen_peroxide.png

lime flavanols
http://phenol-explorer.eu/contents/food/205

Main ingredient is hesperetin.

200px-Hesperetin_structure.svg.png

Second ingredient is Naringenin.

620px-Naringenin.svg.png

Third minor Ingredient is Quercetin.

250px-Quercetin.svg.png

Don't see definitive links to hydrogen peroxide at the moment (Don't see a lot of dangly hydrogens like in Hydrogen Peroxide), but the O and H are fairly common. That's somewhat notable since fats are distinguished by the high amount of C's and Hs, but mostly lacking Os. Carbs are distinguished by having comparable amounts of C, H and Os.

Glucose-formula.jpg

Seems like OH and HOs are common in basic sugars, so I suppose there's nothing notable in the fact the flavanols have OHs and HOs. They are notable in the fact they have much less Cs than the basic sugars. Carbon based lifeforms, like bacteria, ants and humans, probably need foods with Cs to replace Cs that they're losing through cellular damage/aging(senecesnce)/apoptosis/etc.

Now me is thinking if proteins typically has carbon.

https://www.google.com/search?q=protein&biw=1156&bih=652&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwio4Nut0pLSAhXFSCYKHZ7sB3wQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=protein+formula&imgrc=_

Interesting, they have carbon and they also add on a nitrogen, something not typically seen in carbs, fats or flavanols. Me is thinking that protein consumption might be necessary if its one of the few sources of nitrogen, because I assume nitrogen is necessary. There's usually a a little bit of protein in plants, and spinach and green leafy vegetables definitely have nitrogen via nitrates. So, this suggests you could possibly take out protein consumption if you replaced it with green leafy plants, but that completely disregards the 'essential amino acids', which I don't think can be assimilated from the nitrogen in green leafy plants.

If the nitrates in spinach are a 'smooth muscle' relaxant, then that would suggest that the nitrogen in proteins could contribute to "smooth muscle' relaxation in some fashion. This would make sense, since animal protein consumption is inversely related with CVD risk according to that one paper. It's the sugars that typically aren't; i.e., consider hamburgers eaten with sugary ketchup or prime ribs slathered with some sugary BBQ sauce. I was standing at the store looking at the all the rice varieties, and I noticed people kept sneaking behind me to get something. I eventually looked back and what do you know... it was BBQ sauce, lol. Oh, a texas favorite, methinks, judging by the kind of restaurants here and the prevalence of hay and cattle farms.

Anyway, looking more into cancer now that I feel like I've 'conquered' the main etiologies in the common forms of heart disease, and I'm seeing a lot of interesting 'connections'. One paper suggests that prostate cancer is linked to egg consumption via choline. What else is high in choline?

Eggs, liver, and peanuts, are especially rich in choline (27). Major contributors to choline in the American diet are meat, poultry, fish, dairy foods, pasta, rice, and egg-based dishes (77). Spinach, beets, wheat, and shellfish are also good sources of the choline metabolite, betaine

Okay, so lets look into peanuts,fish and spinach, foods that are demonstrably good for heart health via the anti-bacteria and vasodilatory connections. I don't believe spinach increases the risk of prostate cancer, but I could be wrong.

Yep, see all sorts of good with spinach in cancer here: http://naturalsociety.com/spinach-reduces-ovarian-prostate-cancer-risk/ (Not a research paper, but I don't really want to look far since I've already done that once, lol)

What about peanuts? Hmmm... not a lot of definiteve reseach here, seems kind of like lots of hypothesization based on loose associations. The research is suggestive of a preventative affect.

What about fish?

There was a consistent pattern of protection against the risk of digestive tract cancers with fish consumption: oral cavity and pharynx, OR = 0.5 for the highest compared with the lowest level of consumption; esophagus, OR = 0.6; stomach, OR = 0.7; colon, OR = 0.6; rectum, OR = 0.5; and pancreas, OR = 0.7. There were inverse trends in risk of larynx (OR = 0.7), endometrial (OR = 0.8), and ovarian (OR = 0.7) cancers and multiple myeloma (OR = 0.5). No pattern of cancer risk in relation to fish consumption was observed for cancers of the liver, gallbladder, breast, bladder, kidney, or thyroid or for lymphomas.
CONCLUSION:
This study suggests that the consumption of even relatively small amounts of fish is a favorable indicator of the risk of several cancers, especially of the digestive tract.

Seems there's a strong protective affect. (It's interesting that fish has a strong protection of the digestive trract considering it has strong antibiotic fatty acids, suggesting that possibly gut bacteria has some role in cancers of the digestive tract like I already suspected in the previous medical post. It also suggests that bacteria has little affect on the 'internal' cancers.)

The choline hypothesis in eggs doesn't really seem consistent with the other choline rich foods. So, I'm not suspecting that choline is a strong causal factor in cancer development.

You know... I wonder... if there are any foods that have a protective affect on pancreatic cancer? Because, frankly, that's one of the worst. And what foods contribute to it? That's probably just as important, if not more so.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15735099

Although fruits and vegetables have been implicated in the etiology of pancreatic cancer, the role of phytochemicals in these food groups has received little attention to date. In this study, we investigated the possible association between dietary carotenoids and pancreatic cancer risk. A case-control study of 462 histologically confirmed pancreatic cancer cases and 4721 population-based controls in 8 Canadian provinces took place between 1994 and 1997. Dietary intake was assessed by a self-administered FFQ. Unconditional logistic regression was used to assess associations between specific and total carotenoid intakes and the risk of pancreatic cancer. All tests of statistical significance were 2-sided. After adjustment for age, province, BMI, smoking, educational attainment, dietary folate, and total energy intake, lycopene, provided mainly by tomatoes, was associated with a 31% reduction in pancreatic cancer risk among men [odds ratio (OR) = 0.69; 95% CI: 0.46-0.96; P = 0.026 for trend] when comparing the highest and lowest quartiles of intake. Both beta-carotene (OR = 0.57; 95% CI: 0.32-0.99; P = 0.016 for trend) and total carotenoids (OR = 0.58; 95% CI: 0.34-1.00; P = 0.02 for trend) were associated with a significantly reduced risk among those who never smoked. The results of this study suggest that a diet rich in tomatoes and tomato-based products with high lycopene content may help reduce pancreatic cancer risk.

Well, look at that. Sweet potatos are high in both Beta-Carotenes and Lycopene, protecting against heart disease and pancreatic cancer at the same time. Wow, what an amazing food.

swbluto said:
OK, it downpoured and... I'm noticing that the ditch has water backuped on the right and a little water on the left and I can see a little stream flowing to the left across a little gap in the driveway. Yes, I see, there /is/ water flow to this ditch AND going without a culvert would probably lead to flooding on the right side to cross, and if it didn't cross my driveway, it would cross my yard, lol. So, I see a culvert is well advised in this situation, lol. For water collection, all I have to do is clog the culvert and start tapping that dammed water. (No pun intended, lol)

I could go without a culvert, but I would have to dig a trench going around the driveway so that it could flow around the driveway.

Luckily, it's still pretty easy for me to put in a culvert at the moment. And I can afford it. And, I'm thinking a driveway trench probably would have a negative impact on the resale value unlike a culvert. That's one of those "Penny wise, pound foolish" kind of things in the event it gets resold.

And.

Cisco, once it's covered and the dirt packed around it, you'll be surprised at how much it would take to crush the pipe. My brother put two drainage pipes (4" schedule 40 PVC for one and now I've forgotten the name for the other black one of about the same thickness) under his driveway; no more than 3" deep and regularly drove an 18,000 pound truck over them with no problems.

Yes, I was having the same idea. Just buy some regular smaller sized diameter pipe from home depot. Looks like I'll need three 10 ft. 4" pipes and two 4" pipe connectors. The culvert needs to be like 14-15 ft. wide. near the entrance. Seems like it should be $75. And, to protect the pipes from clogging, put an appropriate screen before the pipes. Periodically clean the screen. Doing that, I could probably get away with 1x 4" 10ft. pipe and 1x 5ft. pipe . The reason why larger pipes are advised is due to leaf clogging, not flow rates. A lot of water can travel awfully fast through a 4" pipe given it's not clogged.

And... I'm starting to think that... I might be thinking too much?
4 inch pipe. No too small.
U.S. Department of Transportation
RITA | National Transportation Library
Culvert_Use_Installation_&_Sizing
https://ntl.bts.gov/lib/24000/24600/24650/Chapters/J_Ch8_Culvert_Use_Installation_&_Sizing.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back