Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ sakes Bluto. Don't you have a tire iron???? You have to drive a flat iron up under the rim and between it and the tire. Then, as you hit the end of it, pull up on it, so you are really trying to pry the tire down off the rim. Just a couple 3 whacks, then move about 6 inches, hit, pry, rinse, repeat. DO NOT Gouge up the rim. Go around twice if necessary. Slosh some really soapy water in there also. Stand on the side of the tire right at the bead if possible, while you go around the second time. Once it's broke loose, do the other side. Then, stick the iron, long screwdriver, crowbar, whatever, under the tire and on the rim. Slide the tire into the drop center of the rim, so it has a lot of slack where you are prying it off the rim. Once you get it where it won't drop back onto the rim, pry down as hard as possible, while whacking the bead of the tire. Should just slide off the rim. Turn rim over and repeat the process. Might be stuck from rust. Just work at it.

Once off, wire brush the rim or run an old file around both beads to clean and smooth it , soap it a LITTLE, and put the tire on by standing on the side wall and beating the bead away from the center of the rim, all while standing on the side wall as close to where you can to where you are beating it, so it slides over the rim edge. Don't use a tinkers hammer, use a REAL 3 pounder or more.

You can use irons, but, usually it's much easier/faster to just hit and move. Work both ways as you do this. Just don't destroy the rubber where the bead is. Don't forget to use that soapy water all over the edge of the tire and rim.

Hell, I'm pushing 74 years and can still do 6 ply tires all day long.

I think the tire I got online had shrunk a little bit in storage, so it's not really going on easily at all. I get 75% of the tire on, but that last 25% won't budge no matter how much I slather it with soapy water or try to apply my iron (And, I did damage the bead a little bit but hopefully not too badly). I saw someone recommend getting the tires locally because the tires online tend to have these issues. Yeah, me, I don't have that luxury - getting tires locally. Even Uber won't come to my area and pick me up, and I'm really tempted getting a ride to walmart to let them mount and balance this tire using their fancy machinery. If it shrunk so much that tire irons won't suffice, maybe the fancy schmancy machinery still can.

Anyway, I got "fast shipping"(2 days) on the charger/balancer so I can get this electric bike going again. I need this functionality to simply "zoom past" the dogs and also keep my energy. 2 trips a day really sucks the life energy out of me and almost seems like it's killing me and it almost seems like this mode of transport is becoming permanent.

Yep, it's not that I don't have money to get things done, it's just that the required services just aren't available in this area. And it doesn't appear I can order a tire on a rim from amazon (I guess with how specialized all the rims are, that would be hard to offer all possible combinations, which is why it might not be offered.)

I guess this is becoming a "long term" project. I'll try again when it gets a little cooler later today; the hornets/wasps are kind of pesky this hour.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. Looks like I'm missing a "heavy hammer". (My heaviest is like 1/2 pound) The videos online don't show them using a hammer, just simple tire irons; they must have 'perfectly' matching rims and unshrunken brand new tires.

https://youtu.be/-l5OAmVXsbM?t=1408

This guy just makes it look too easy.

Anyway, after I get wheels again, I'm setting some new priorities.

-Get a bike trailer
-Set up rainwater collection and make drinking water from that rainwater.

The water is a high priority, because not only do I need it to drink, but I also need it to eat (To cook the starches). And biking into town every 3 days for water is 1) really expensive 2) Gets old / waste-of-time. And, I'm suspecting maybe it's the emotional impact from all these street dogs barking at me that's affecting my health.

When you are shoe horning the tire onto the rim, are you dropping the part that IS on, down into the drop center of the rim ?? Tires just do not shrink in storage.

Harold in CR said:
When you are shoe horning the tire onto the rim, are you dropping the part that IS on, down into the drop center of the rim ?? Tires just do not shrink in storage.

I'm pretty sure it's pretty centered. It usually centers itself as the tire goes on.

Just tried again, definitely hitting that "The last 20% will not budge" wall.

Anyway, yep, I'm just not sure how this is going to work out.

I can get my bike working, but I won't be able to get a trailer until I get the van running. And, I don't really know how I would get the tire mounted if I can't mount it. And, it appears I can't get someone else to mount it until I get the van running (So I can give it to them).

Yep, I think I'm stuck on an island here. And, like an island, the food and water is pretty darn expensive and what's available is a bit limited. Definitely no organic.

Maybe I could rent a car. Maybe there's a local car rental place that's "local enough", maybe. That's really a big maybe. Enterprise will pick you up, but I don't think there's one close enough to me. I guess I can give them a call and see.

Ok, just called the "local" enterprise, apparently they don't service this area.

And just found out from this "uber fare estimator" page that a local last checked it 28 days ago. That doesn't surprise me, lol.

You know... I do have that giant crowbar... that might help.

NOT centering the tire on the rim, dropping the tire down into the CENTER of the rim where it bolts to the car. That's why it's lower than the rest of the wheel. When this is done correctly, you can nearly push the rest of the tire onto the rim with your foot.

Wait... is there a certain side of the tire that's supposed to go on a certain side of the rim?

One side of my tire has a white band around it (It had a blue tape ontop that I peeled), the other side doesn't.

Then one side of the rim has the valve, the other side doesn't. The side with the valve faces away from the car, I believe.

That's the only way I can tell the different sides apart.

When pushing the tire down onto the rim, one side of the tire goes way past the center of the rim towards the other side, and it seems this possibly makes stretching out the rest of the tire onto the rim hard. Is this what you're referring to? Like, do I need to make the tire more towards the center of the rim?

Anyway, there's a tire guy in town apparently (Seems he doesn't keep his advertising upto date, he has a billboard above the faceless white building that's faded out into white oblivion; otherwise, I would've known and probably would've checked him out first.), so I think I'm going that way come Friday morning. And the weather report looks good for Friday. And, afterwards, I might advise him on his advertising. I'm all about helping the locals out, especially if they're helping me.

I think I'll ask my immediate neighbor to the west tomorrow. He seems like he might have a lot of experience in this area.

Anyway, I found I could use my ratchet straps that I just got to tighten the battery briefcase to the bike, and I could put my back pack on the back of the briefcase (The backpack's straps wrap around the top corners of the recumbent's seat.). Yes, that works out nicely. My cargo capacity is still pretty limited, but it's good enough for 3 gallons of water. I use my "high speed" mode to zoom past the doggies and that worked out rather well; none of them even got close to me. Granted, I hit a bump in the road which made a pineapple container and a bottle of water fly, and then a german shepard came out on the streetr and started barking; yeah, I Just ditched it. I really didn't want to be pulling out my machete and try to push the dog back in front of the owner - I don't know them, and they might be violent like my immediate neighbor to the east. I hope my neighbor down that way likes pineapple, lol.

I should have enough battery capacity to make a trip friday, and then I should be picking up my charger (Once I pick up my charger, town trips can be fully electric which will make multiple daily trips more practical; this is nice because storage capacity is limited. I can get either get water, gas or food in one trip; Not more than one.). I should also be picking up gasoline, I think I'll be limited to 5 gallons. And, I might have to make a small wooden platform for the gas can and somehow attach to my frame.

Anyway, the reports of murders in this little town near here is a bit concerning. The population is small, but it seems I keep seeing a new local murder every month or so in its newpaper. The town and surrounding areas has a population of around 10,000.

10/10,000 -> 1/1000 per year. It seems the national average is 1/15,000. My gosh, does this small town have a higher murder rate than chicago and baltimore? That would be foreboding for this particular area, especially since it seems I've been getting threats from my neighbor to the east. I don't really know if there was a legitimate threat Friday night at 11:30 p.m., but suspicion is high. I literally /never/ hear rustling this late at night in my RV, let alone right after some rapid rather loud gunfire. I practically never hear rustling in my RV, ever; the only time I hear it is when I'm walking outside.

seems this possibly makes stretching out the rest of the tire onto the rim hard. Is this what you're referring to? Like, do I need to make the tire more towards the center of the rim?

Yes, absolutely.

Harold in CR said:
seems this possibly makes stretching out the rest of the tire onto the rim hard. Is this what you're referring to? Like, do I need to make the tire more towards the center of the rim?

Yes, absolutely.

Oh, jeez, well, I'll try again tomorrow. If what you're saying is critical, then I should have a handle on this. And, amazing that none of the youtube videos even tell you of this "What to avoid".

OK, tried a second attempt and realized that I needed to apply the tire on the valve side of the rim because that had the groove closest to it (The tire settles in the groove). While doing so, I noticed that the bead on the tire looked damaged, like a seal would be compromised. Oh man, well, I guess this is why I bought two, lol. And, I also noticed that the valve side of the rim had a balancing weight that I'd need to remove as it increases the total diameter of the rim and bites into the bead. So, I'd need to figure it out.

So, I think I'm going to take the rim into town, talk to that tire guy, then pick up the other tire from the post office, and hopefully get it done. Then I can strap it to the bike with the two remaining ratchet straps and take it back home and put it back on the van.

Maybe I'll have better luck next time. Making first-timer mistakes is pretty expected, just sucks that it means I wasted a $60 tire, lol. (And, I'll have to order a replacement soon enough.)

In other news, I've found since Amazon knows shipping only takes a day from their Houston warehouse, they push back the actual shipping date a day to make it two days - so while most places would be shipped the same day, I'm not, since they know it'll take only take a day to get here. I didn't notice this affect during the last order because it was over the weekend, but I'm definitely noticing it now, and that's making me a little hesitant to continue with the prime service. This "Wait until the absolute last minute" is not something I appreciate. Granted, I'm guessing it means they're super busy and so they have to prioritize the most necessary orders first, but still... 1 day shipping has far more significant value than 2 days. And, 1 day shipping in China is the norm, and that's because the people live where the warehouse is. I live where the warehouse is, but they still push it back a day anyway, so we're behind China.

Well, I'll be darn. It looks like you can see the areas store advertisements from Google Map's 2013 street images, but you can't see nor find them nowadays. And, I just found out that "nameless" food vendor that it seems like a lot of people go to is a BBQ place (Nice) and the tire shop is clearly marked and the sign hasn't faded into white oblivion.

Well, I found a phone number for them online, but calling it, it's telling me it's disconnected. Does this guy still exist? The guy I talked to yesterday seemed pretty confident he still did, but there's no signs on the building, no tire stacks outside (Like shown on google maps), and the phone # has been disconnected. I'm not really sure if he'll be there when I get there, which is why I like calling first.

Ok, removed the balance weight from the rim and tried mounting the tire from the valve side, which is the side the groove is the closest to. Mounting the tire at this point using my tire irons was a piece of cake, and the tire is now mounted. Now my tire is in the same state as my spare tire, it's neither seated on the bead nor is it "expanding out" to hug the sides of the rim, so pumping it up at this point is futile. I tried using my ratchet strap to squeeze the tire onto the rim, hoping the sidewalls would expand to seal itself off on the rim, but it didn't expand at all.

Man, those guys on the youtube video made it seem like no special techniques or approaches were needed, but it seems like I'm needing every single one of them and I'm finding them as I'm going along! lol

Okay, I think the next step I need is "seating the bead". Time for some youtube.

It seems that some people online used flammable gas and lit it to expand the sidewalls to seal off the rim; surely there's a standard approach that I can do that's a bit safer?

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/how-to-set-a-tire-bead-with-an-explosion-feature

Reseating the bead usually requires a tire-mounting machine. But there is another way to accomplish this, a very dangerous way involving a combustible liquid, some means of ignition, an explosion, and possibly burning human flesh and/or acute embarrassment.

Okay, so... to reseat the tire on the bead so that the tire seals off the rim...

1) Use a tire mounting machine.
2) Use explosive fluids. (starter fluid, lighter fluid, etc.)
3) Use a ratchet strap to squeeze the tire, remove the shraeder valve, and blow up quickly with a tanked air compressor.

Are those my options?

I don't have a tank compressor. And, the ratchet method doesn't seem to be splaying this tire out.

Looking online for tire machines... it appears amazon has these options but I don't know if they'll work to spread the tire so that the bead seats on the rim so that the tire seals the rim off?

https://www.amazon.com/Go2buy-Portable-Changer-Changing-Motorcycle/dp/B01JCCK95M/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1492098460&sr=1-1&keywords=tire+machine

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012USMPOI?psc=1

And, given the difficulty in seating this tire to seal it off, I wonder what happened to the spare tire? It's hard to believe the manufacturer just gave the original buyer a tire on a rim and told them to seat it themselves, lol. (But, given the gash in the sidewall of the spare tire, it seems like there's a good chance it was probably used once and maybe it got destroyed and so it came off the bead.)

Methinks I'm going to visit this tire guy. It's just very questionable if he's still there.

And, it turns out, there's a special machine for this and it's called a "Bead seater".

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=bead+seater&rh=n%3A15684181%2Ck%3Abead+seater

Looks like an adapted air compressor tank.

This looks like a good thread on the subject.

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/index.php?threads/reseating-a-tire-bead-using-a-home-compressor.100276/

Looks like I'd be looking for a 10 gallon tank air compressor since the 5 gallon "bead seaters" are designed for tires upto 24.5" and my tire is 27.5".

And, it looks like 10 gallons goes for about $150.

Do I have any other need for a tank compressor this large? Can't really think of any. I think I might go by that guys place tomorrow morning just to check if he's there, and do a gas run. And I need to design the gas can platform for my recumbent.

And, I just checked it out. And, the frame is not long enough to securely attach a platform. I could create an insert into the frame, but that will definitely take longer than an afternoon to design. I will try to see if I can fit a 5 gallon gas tank in my backpack. Since 3 gallons of water barely fits, I have my doubts it will work, but maybe it can be persuaded.

Okay, just tried it out. Like I predicted, it was a bit too large for it to be zipped up BUT there's clips on the backpack that'll secure the gascan well enough to ensure it doesn't fall out like my pineapple container and waterbottle did yesterday. So, it looks like gas can deliveries are possible, 5 gallons at a time. Looks like I'd need 3 trips a day to fill up all 3 containers (3 containers lasts me about 4 full workdays.), I think I'll get a gallon tomorrow as well as possibly do a tire delivery tomorrow, and then I'll load up on water, groceries and the other 2 cans on saturday with multiple trips (Getting my charger tomorrow, so I can get the battery fully charged by Saturday.)

It seems like I could get a 10gallon "bead seater" and a cheaper tankless high PSI compressor or a "tiny tank" compressor.

Shopping online for all the necessary parts seems like a bad idea, since it seems like compressors have so many different parts. I'd likely need 2 or 3 purchase cycles (i.e., 2 weeks) to get all the required equipment in place. If I had access to Home Depot, however, I could acquire all the necessary parts in 1-2 days. So, the "Buy a compressor online" route seems like a bad idea.

So, its looking like I source it out to the local tire shop or I use the flammable liquid method with whatever tools I can find in town.

Salt and lime just hits the spot.

Wonder if this is a popular combination?

Turns out there's a popular mexican restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona called "Salt + Lime". I'm sure the combo makes their dishes taste delicious. And, there's another one in San Diego, also popular there.

Nice, looks like I'm paying no taxes this year, not even self employment taxes. The secret seems to be the vast majority of my purchases are business deductible, since I spent the vast majority of my money on my interests, and my interests just happened to be my business. And, I gained so much in assets at the same time, so it doesn't really feel like I'm poorer or anything.

I'll probably have to pay taxes for next year.

But, if I declare a loss this year, I can deduct it off subsequent years. So let's try to maximize that loss! lol.

I should look at the SE form. Perhaps I might want to structure my capital assets and declare less deductions this year so that I can deduct more on future years if desired. It's just that paying little taxes this year is highly desired since I'm 'setting up' right now.

Well, it does look like the threshold for not paying SE is pretty low (400), so there'd be little benefit to structuring deductions to maximize that benefit (15% of 400 is $60; taking the time to structure and keeping track of my deductions over the years to realize a $40-60 savings in the longterm is probably not worthwhile. Let's maximize that loss.).

Anyway, thinking about creating a ballistic shield. It appears If I imbricated these 6x6 kevlar pads onto a substrate, I could get the desired dimensions of 18"'x30" for $240 for the kelvar and then whatever for the substrate holding it, so maybe a $300 level 3A kevlar shield.

I know my armed neighbor to east has a 22 rifle in addition to a higher caliber pistol/rifle of some sort, and I know the "household" has a shotgun. I know he has something other than 22 rifle because I've heard him shoot right next to my RV not too many months ago and it sounds nothing like a 22 rifle. It's a bit louder, but not quite as loud at the NATO 5.45 rounds. So, I'm guessing higher caliber pistol rounds like 9mm.

I just keep hearing these rounds in the distance that clearly aren't 22s... and Friday night was just /so/ much louder. Was there really a gun firing right outside my RV?

That hypothesis would agree with the very audible rustling sound out in the brush near my RV.

So, hypothetically, there was a person jumping back and forth in the brush firing his gun up into the air. Does that sound like "normal" human behavior? That's not something I would be doing, but perhaps a lot of other people would.

Man, the thought of my neighbors draining my resources on defense is just frustrating to say the least. I wish I could just sue these people and that'd be that. The police don't seem to be doing a thing unless they're "actually" committing a 'real' crime. (i.e, they're actually shooting at me.)

Florida has "brandishing with intent to intimidate".

I definitely know Washington State has laws on this. "Carrying a deadly weapon with the effect of intimidation" or some such.

What does Texas have on this?

Maybe I can just get my lights and video setup and capture them and take 'em to court.

Definitely think I'm going to get outside lighting. And, then I'll set up cameras inside the RV facing out the window, all connected to my laptop. I originally got these cameras to monitor my work, but it'll probably work for security purposes.

I don't really like the idea of keeping the lights on at night (It's one of the biggest underlying causes of light pollution), but if it motivates[ these little phuckers to be shooting guns right outside my property, then hell yes, let's scare them away with lights.

Jeez, I didn't think a lack of street lights would just attract the miscreants by default; I thought that was a "rare occurrence" or something. And, I'm guessing I'm looking at 60W for the night lights, meaning I'll probably need a 1200wh battery dedicated to the lights. Or, I could hook them up into the main battery.

So I'm looking for 3 outdoor lights. And a way to go pick them up, lol.

http://www.pacefirm.com/faq/assault-by-threat.html

Assault by threat. A $500 fine. Hey, if he's found to be illegal, he'll be in line to get deported. And inability to understand basic English is a pretty big hint there's a good chance he's illegal.

Anyway, around 7:30, it sounded like there was something in the woods chopping something. So, I talked to it in spanish, and it neither responded nor acted like I said anything (Didn't stop what it was doing, etc.). Yep, so, I think I figured out there's a woodland creature in my immediate area that comes out at dusk that can apparently make some noise, a little bit louder than a squirrel rustling in the leaves and it sounds like it's chopping something. What is it, I have no idea, but I have a feeling whatever it is, it's partly why my neighborhood seems to go hunting in the dawn and dusk hours.

Anyway, I did see a woodpecker pecking out a tree in the nearby cleared out property the other day. That was kind of cool, seeing a woodpecker in this area. I've seen red woodpeckers on two occasions in this area, in recent times.

Anyway, I think I figured out why this area has a bunch of leafy trees among the pines. (This is notable because Charleston, SC didn't have leafy trees; it was all pines. I thought the east coast = leaf trees, but it turns out that's not true of SC. But, somehow, it's true of Houston, at least this part of Houston)

I think because it's humid enough. I suspect that the large surface area of a leaf tends to cause too much evaporation in dry climates (Like the west coast, which has pine trees everywhere), but it retains moisture alright in more humid climates so the leaf trees thrive in the more humid, rainier climates. I think that's why the tropical humid climates (rainforest, etc.) has humongous leaved trees.

Anyway, I had a fascination with leaf trees because I've never seen them before in the wild as my entire life was on the west coast. You seem them all the time in books, TV and crap, but I never saw them in all the places I lived, so I was bewildered as to where these things grew naturally. Anyway, it appears they do alright in Houston.

swbluto said:
Now my tire is in the same state as my spare tire, it's neither seated on the bead nor is it "expanding out" to hug the sides of the rim, so pumping it up at this point is futile. I tried using my ratchet strap to squeeze the tire onto the rim, hoping the sidewalls would expand to seal itself off on the rim, but it didn't expand at all.

So there is such a thing as a tire not wide enough for the wheel, I always find it entertaining when people are not only determined to get it inflated but to drive on it and have it let go while they're turning or something.

[youtube]abH9__WKMhc[/youtube]

[youtube]nnX7Cb4jF68[/youtube]

Meanwhile, I love to watch when people send out personal invitations to disaster. This first one was setting up bigger and bigger disasters.

[youtube]Jhu-8ASc0gQ[/youtube]

[youtube]Q-3U-TRkJx8[/youtube]

[youtube]jSV4HIBbJtI[/youtube]

[youtube]SPd_pxPzBFk[/youtube]

Oh, that's why those bead seaters look like that.

https://youtu.be/DDJpAtlM2ZM?t=69

Looks like you need a tank compressor filling the tire at the same time. I'm guessing my puny car tire inflator wouldn't work (It fills the tire up way too slowly).

Tell you what. Time was, just out of college and not working full time but on my own since I was 20 and oh those student loans---I would collect any tire that looked like it would fit my 14" wheels and get them on. I'd cut off the dead tire, either flat or bald, by poking a hole in a sidewall and cutting the bead with the long handled tree trimmers, the hook shape was tailor made for the job. Putting the replacement on with a tire iron and a huge screwdriver wasn't so bad if it was a pliable tire, but some were really stiff. The right tire I'd have it most of the way before there was any prying to do. The wrong one the battle might start early. But I never failed to get one on. Some didn't last long.

I never resorted to inflation tricks, not sure why it always worked but it did. I don't recall witnessing someone succeeding with ether, starter fluid, etc.

swbluto said:
I don't have a tank compressor.
:D :) :( :eek: :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :p
I was waiting for this part of Sewbluto's tire mounting adventure. Next part of Sewbluto's tire mounting adventure? Balancing? Can ya do that with bubbles, nails, wood, pebbles and hot melt glue? Guess I should watch some YouTube videos?

Will a inner tube work?

Get a real air compressor! Call the Snap-on guy. He will bring one right over. They cost less at Harbor Freight. Used/stolen ones on Craigslist. Big compressors need a lot of electricity to run them. Especially when weather is cold. Better to have a long air hose then a long extension cord. There are also noisy gas powered generators. I have a problem. I have too many air compressors.

Please make a video if you do the fire thing.

Tires, hammers, telephones, and the story of my life. This is like staples and the story of my life
I am 56. Always did all my own car, truck, and bicycle repair. Never tried to get a car/truck tire off or on a rim. Thanks you for showing me those videos. I might try this? In the beginning hammers were used to pound nails. Then came pneumatic nail guns that used a air hose. Now there are cordless nail guns that run on magic. Love my green Hitachi cordless framing nail gun. Not as fast as the pneumatic one, but good for me because I am slow.
419UchbLsRL.jpg

Dream of more cordless nail guns and a cordless impact wrench. Same as nail guns, telephones used to have cords. I hate cords, I hate air hoses. The tire guy uses a cordless impact wrench. Prediction for the future. More and more electric and pneumatic tools will become cordless. Air compressors will be used to blow things off and to fill tires.
[youtube]2JNmOJNTsdE[/youtube]

Given the expense of one, and all the other cool things I could buy, I'm mulling over the unique abilities of an air compressor. Key ones seem to be...

-Nail gun
-Impact Wrench
-Sand Blaster cabinet (I have one, I just have no need for it right now, lol. I got it to make frosted glass because I thought it might be useful, but it turned out it wasn't. So, now I have a sandblaster cabinet, lol.)
-Can mount tires with a bead blaster
-Fills tires really quickly (My car compressor takes about 10 minutes per tire).
-Blow out irrigation lines (Don't have those, don't see a need for that in this area.)
-Pump up the bead blaster air tanks so that it can be used as a potato cannon or monstrous air-powered shotgun. (Now, that sounds like fun. :D Aiming might be a little impractical with real life applications.)
-Can it pump out water? That's what I really need to do right now. I'm thinking it could, with the right design.
-Blow surfaces clean of debris/trash/dust/etc (Like, all the rice I dumped a couple of months ago.).

Venturi pump

[youtube]dNJTAbS_GBQ[/youtube]

They cite 80 CFM, but it looks like they're moving a lot of water; I'm guessing lower rates of water removal can work with lower CFMs. And, I have all the machinery needed to create a pump like this from scratch.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CCIZ80O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2WM43MSGGTJSA

It looks like this 1.3kw air compressor can do 2.6 cfm. Wow, what kind of compressor is providing 80CFM? 30kw? That doesn't sound like household electricity.

Just one of those purchases I want to push off like ... a year from now or something, lol.

I want a pug and kayak without feeling broke, lol.

Update: Cool, I can make a snowmaker. But, this app is telling me I only had two days last year to make snow ("It's way too warm" according to the site, lol.)

Anyway, yesterday night, I found that the "roll the ducttape over the insect" method doesn't work with spiders unlike ants. Unlike ants, these guys jump and apparently they knew exactly where to be crawling so that when they jumped, they fall into a hole out of my sight, lol. Yeah, two spiders last night. Keeping these guys off is like impossible, because they can swing anywhere they want. I see them spanning like 10 feet between the trees in creating webs across the street. My only real hope is sealing off the RV, but as much as I've tried, it seems these guys find invisible holes I can't find. Either that or these are longterm residents that crawled in when my hatch was exposed. So it appears these guys require a "smack" approach, but I've never seen their dead bodies after trying that in the past, making me think they escaped. So, I just don't know what to do with these guys.

Maybe I can make a beanbag gun.

And, just checked harborfreight, it appears the amazon compressor is lower priced than any of the 150psi tank compressors they have. Granted, a bead blaster might work with 100psi. Just checked, looks like they'd work with 100psi.

And here's a simple practical application.

[youtube]95LVVe7OpRM[/youtube]

Next time you are out running around, stop by harbor freight or something like that, and get a portable air tank. They come with attachments to plug into, like air blow gun, air tire chuck, etc. Usually 5 gallon or so in size. When you need a volume of air, hook up that little car charger and fill up the tank.

Older model cars have AC compressors that can double as air compressors.

First thing I would buy is solar panel or 2-3- whatever and get a couple of MARINE trolling motor batteries or a few lithium car battery sections. See how long a distance is from your cleared area to the battery site and get a section of 12/2 UF wire to hook stuff up. UF is underground feed or weather resistant romex type cable. Just lay it out on the ground. Be sure you have diodes between the panels and battery bank, so you don't back feed the panels FROM the battery bank.

Looked at the harbor freight compressor a little more closely, saw that they were rated at .88 cfm at the high end. This 6 gallon amazon compressor is rated at 2.65 cfm, so it's a little more practical for a venturi pump.

Anyway, I justified my purchase using "Sunk costs" reasoning. If I paid someone else to do it, not only would be $100 poorer with no increase in assets, there'd be no guarantee of a "proper job" (Because they wouldn't necessarily use bead sealant when I'd prefer it with the broken bead.), and I really don't want to risk a 60mph tire blowout on these roads. There's no separating median, so a vehicle out of control has a relatively high chance of a 70+ mph collision. The other stuff is just benefits (I really would appreciate a faster fillup, lol. And, getting my vehicle running again on the side of the road without calling a tow service would be especially beneficial.)

And, I'm going to use weights. I think I'm going to experiment with different positions until the cabin vibrations go away. I'm guessing I'd probably get it down in about 7-8 reattempts or maybe less. Just need a good day to do and find a good stretch a road for testing and callibration.

And, GOT HIM! The spider that jumped off into the hole yesterday. The "smack him fast with a flat surface(pan in my case)" method worked well.

And, today's been a little eventful in the cardiac department so far. Started off with lightheadedness/difficulty-breathing after picking up a tire this morning before breakfast(Thought maybe I didn't have enough blood sugar), then I had an enveloping burning chest pain radiating to the back of my neck that went away after 20 seconds, then noticeable palpitations pretty much all day. Seems like maybe those spiders did something to my sleep.

ECG looks fine, but standing HR is a bit low, 60 BPM. Not entirely sure if I'm low on bloodsugar or what, just had 70G of millet this morning. If I was low on salt, I would think my HR would be high, not low. (Salt tastes pretty good, so I slightly suspect it.)

As far as diet, the only out of norm thing was the consumption of the pineapples yesterday in all the pineapple juice. 60G sugar, and I don't know how much of it was "free sugar". I did get a passing right carotid pain in my right temple right after eating the first 3 servings of pineapples; I washed it down with apple vinegar. Not entirely sure the bacteria connection, since I wouldn't think 60 seconds is long enough for bacteria colonies to grow off the sugar. Maybe just plain old blood sugar...?... I don't know.

And, I just found my electric wire moat empty. Weird, no evidence of it emptying either. Hmmm... well.... either an animal drank it all up (Possible, unlikely) or I dumped it and totally won't remember. And, me dumping it actually sounds "possible"; the wood weight was floating in the water, so my stupid subconscious might have taken over and dumped it, lol. My conscious mind would've realized that was a stupid idea, lol.

Anyway, amazon is telling me I will get the stuff on my Birthday so, I guess that's my birthday gift; getting my van running again, lol. (I'll get the spare running anyway. The bead sealer is not coming in until the day after, so won't get the fullsize mounted and the day after. And, anyways, I finding that amazon's "2 day" thing is really some BS. Because, I was ordering and 3 things were coming on the 16th, but one was coming on the 24th, too late, so bought something else comparable, and then Amazon grouped together everything and said it was coming on the 18th. What? This Prime "2-day" thing is some BS. It's noticed a trend here; the heavy things would get here in 4-5 days, but the light things would get here in 2 days. Jeez, there's nothing really special about this prime thing at all, other than "light items" take 2 days - many ebay sellers offer same shipping times for light items (priority). You need a piece of heavy equipment, and suddenly it's not really 2 days anymore. So, yes, I'm not impressed by the Prime program anymore.)

And, there's apparently two warehouses in Houston. One is a "fulfillment center", the other is a "Flex warehouse". They are both kind of big, but I don't know is they are among amazon's biggest. Probably not. Minneapolis's warehouse probably is.

For the venturi pump, looks like I need a 3 way pipe coupler and some hosing. Either I design one or buy one. If I design one, I get the benefit of something that will fit snugly, might be important for compressed air.

here's a flow rate calculator.

http://www.ajdesigner.com/venturi/venturiflow.php

And, looking at these formulas make me think, "F it, I will experiment, lol.".

Ok, checked the moat again after partially refilling it. 2 hours later, dry as a bone. Lol, what happened?

It's hard to believe this thing developed a hole when it was barely moved and not purposefully damaged. And where's the hole? I think I would see the the residue on the ground or some trace (Moist dirt), but no obvious signs anywhere. Lol, man, what's going on? I'm pretty sure I didn't dump it that time, lol.

And got another spider, yeah. I really hope I'm not seeing the beginning of "spider season", lol. Luckily, these don't seem to be pack animals like ants which invade in force. Someone online commented on May 27th, "It's the beginning of giant spider season!".

Update: Yes, it developed a hole. Found it. The ground doesn't "Look wet" but it sure feels damp. Replaced it, alles ist gut. O todo es bien. Aux d

The wasps here... man... they are constantly buzzing you in the middle of the day, but it seems like if you merely walk past one, they just start chasing you! I ran only to look back and there he was, continue running!

Man, I need those "Sure kill" electric swatters. The HF one definitely wasn't "sure kill"; it sometimes took a good 3-4 smackings before a fly succumbed to it. The only surefire way to kill them is if they were on a flat surface and you trapped them in.

Ok, I was riding to the post office to do dropoffs and to pick up my newly arrived LiPo charger so I can charge my batteries and to go pick up a 5 gallon can of gas. Pulled into the post office and... my recumbent bucked like a bronco after I got off and the backpack, its contents and the battery in the briefcase went flying. Oh, jeez, luckily it wasn't too involved to get everything back in place but I realized that the ratching straps didn't really keep the battery /really/ secure like I thought. Just enough to prevent it from falling out in ordinary non-crashing use, lol. (That might actually be a good thing from a safety standpoint, lol.)

Anyway, yep, the backpack was hauling that gas like a champ and the dirt/rocky roads were a little iffy at speed, but with the dogs chasing me, the risk of capsizing wasn't at the forefront of my mind, lol. One of the neighbors on the mainstreet was outside and I passed by, and at first I thought he was reacting in a "Woah, that's cool!" kind of way because that's usually what I get, but no, I think he was mad because I warned his dog to not come too close when I was passing by on the main street in days past. Does the dog understand me? Nope, but they certainly understand the tone of my voice, just like I know the tone of their bark.

OMG... these people lack any sort of discretion and common sense, don't they? Like, do they really think the neighborhood is kosher with their dogs chasing and threatening people using the main public street? If anything, I would think they would have a /particular/ responsibility to keep their dogs contained since it's the main street everybody has to use to leave/enter. But, nope, there's idiots in these parts. I won't claim they /all/ are, but a pretty high percentage seem to be.

And, got back, and my neighbor offered me a ride to Pete's tires. Except, Pete passed away according to the PO person, and now it's Pedro. Pedro apparently took off early (It was 4 p.m. when we arrived), and so I and another guy with a blowout was SOL. Hehe, except I'm not /really/ out of luck, but using the bike is kind of a hassle/risk on the bumpy dirt roads. And, groceries/water is expensive in town, but you know, I'm saving so much gas money, lol, so it works out.

Anyway, my neighbor said we'll try again tomorrow morning. Apparently has Saturday hours, so that's pretty cool.

Anyway, just working and charging my batteries now. It's been sometime since they've last been charged. I got them back in 2010? And the last time I really used them was 2013 (At the time, with my recumbent.).

I don't have a real compressor, only the slow tire inflator thingee that plugs into the cigarette lighter like yourself. But I also have a 10 gallon tank that I can let take its' time building the pressure off the little compressor. Since it runs off the battery that's charging while I drive it's all free.

And when I was a paperboy in grade school I had two things: Dog biscuits and a very powerful squirt gun. So I'd first try the dog biscuits, which I noticed changed the attitude of the dogs in short order as they didn't sound like vicious killers anymore, they'd still chase me but it was usually to get some dog biscuits. You reach the point where you don't really have to throw them anymore, the dogs are conditioned that they're not looking to attack you,, not that they necessarily were going to in the first place, some just want attention.

Except for a few that really are out for blood.The dog biscuits didn't seem to work on them, they were still raging psychotic as they kept after me. That was what the squirt gun was for. One of those really powerful electric squirt guns. Full of mostly water. Then a little of some other things I tried, like vinegar, pepper, ammonia, etc. The dog was going to have to get right up on me to get a face full, but it seemed to sort of work, the dog might take 2 or 3 shots for the day before giving up at first, eventually there wasn't a problem anymore.

Also, I hear there's bear strength pepper spray. I think I'd be carrying that instead of the ordinary variety.

Dauntless said:
I don't have a real compressor, only the slow tire inflator thingee that plugs into the cigarette lighter like yourself. But I also have a 10 gallon tank that I can let take its' time building the pressure off the little compressor. Since it runs off the battery that's charging while I drive it's all free.

That's a great idea, a $40 harbor freight 11 gallon tank would've worked though it would definitely take its sweet loving time with my car tire inflator(I'm pretty sure 100psi would take upwards of 40-60 minutes to fill.). (But, harbor freight isn't really practical. No running vehicle and it's 45 miles away.)

I get a feeling I'll need to move a lot of water, so a flexible water pump will be nice to have. The bilge pumps I've seen don't seem to have the require height.(I'd need a compressor for moving relatively high amounts of water)

To expand the pond, I would need to remove the water.

And,I need to remove the water from my tornado shelter.

And that reminds me, I have a bee suit designed for bees and mosquitos. Think I'll be making use of that... to avoid using DEET.

And, when I expand the pond, I have two good uses for the soil I excavate. One being the driveway (My subsoil seems to be better than the stuff I buy) and another is to create a hill on the property. Why? For exercise. It's largely flat land in all directions, and I don't really have much opportunity for "elevation exercise". An old goal was 1000 ft/day, and lol, I think I'm lucky to get 100 ft cumulatively biking to town and back (Multiple rolling hills about 10-20 feet high, peak to trough)

Turns out the closest harbor freight is actually 32 miles away, and it's in a college town in the opposite direction of everything else, lol.

So, my neighbor took me to visit the local tire shop and sure enough, he got it working. And, he didn't use a bead setter nor ether like all the youtube videos show. He just pushed the tire against the bead of the rim by pushing on the rim with his foot, started inflating and eventually it "popped" and it was seated and it inflated just fine. He didn't need to remove the valve or anything. Wow, magical. Amazing none of the youtube videos show these techniques, now I have a bead setter I don't need. (But, it does turn out I need a new air compressor - my car inflator just died filling up the tire, lol. So what good timing.)

Oh well, I think it'd be fun to have a potato cannon, lol. :D

Could sell on craigslist.

Ok, turns out it didn't ship yet (*surprise*). Let's see if my cancellation request goes through.

Amazon says it can't cancel but I can return it. Okay, so I'm definitely going to cancel prime; not even "kind of leaning in that direction" kind of thing.

It also says I can "refuse delivery" so I'll just let the post office people know to refuse a package with a certain tracking #, lol.

Anyway, battery is charging. Somehow it died; should check the lights. Yes, will do. Lights checked out fine. Okay, so the van battery just dies after 4 days of sitting for no known reason. That's a bummer.

Update: Yes, the van is driving well right now. I didn't balance the wheel and I didn't really notice cabin vibrations at the speeds I usually drive (55mph). I felt hints of vibrations, maybe, but I couldn't really tell if that was "normal" or not. I guess it'd be a lot more apparent at 70+ mph. I rarely go that fast (Eats up my gas).

Anyway, sounds like there's intermittent rubbing on the back tire. Not sure what could be causing it since it's slightly smaller in diameter compared to the other tires. Might be normal for the dirt roads.

Anyway, there was a huge change in my stool, from pure messy liquid to something solid. Don't really know why, whether it's because I was walking around HEB or because I'm feeling 'better' now that I have vehicle use. It seems that the status of my stool depends almost exclusively on how I'm feeling, so probably the latter.

It was getting bad, not having access to fresh fruits, vegetables and coconut for so many days. And, the canned fruit stuff seems like a bad substitute for the real mccoy (in terms of taste, freshness and "health impact".). The tiny mexican grocery in town doesn't really consistently carry fresh produce; they seem more of a "cigarettes and alcohol" kind of shop, which is what most people seem to buy here.

I stocked up on canned carbs. I noticed I lacked "ready to eat" carbs so I had to cook them whenever hunger striked - or just simply went hungry more often than not. That's what fruit largely is - nature's ready to eat carbs.

Got some "large coconut flakes" from HEB instead of the tiny shreddings like last time (They ran out of the shreddings; I took it all.), and, that stuff is delicious. You can really taste the coconut fat in that form, and it tastes just delicious like fat is supposed to taste, lol. I expressed my concern they won't meet my quota for 3lb/week on the next shopping trip, since I took it all and they haven't replenished.

And, this RV definitely needs fan ventilation midday. It becomes a solar cooker otherwise. Lucky for me, fan ventilation could be quite easily powered by solar, so I could always be running my fan whether my genny is running or not. (Running the genny for just the fan and laptop feels like I'm wasting gas.)

Seems like I could get solar to power the laptop/fan/cellphone/light etc, and then I could satisfy the power needs of the business with the generator. That seems appealing, since my customers are essentially paying to run the generator, so it's not like it'd be costing /me/ anything to run it.

Okay, so next trip, need to get a water drum or several. Then I need to source water. Apparently I can get it from pedro, though I want to get it from the rain in the longrun, especially the water for the garden.

And... a report on the recent activity on this road, a road people very rarely went down before.

Yesterday, guy in white car drives by at relatively high speed. I'm guessing he's one of the young male adults that lives next door and he might have been involved in the incident on Friday, thus explaining why he was booking it. He obviously had that "Get in, get out, FAST" modus operandi, not just some guy who likes to drive fast.

This morning at 8:30 a.m., a mexican driving a long white utility van without side windows (This is the kind of van you'd suspect would have secret agents in the back, but... I'm guessing it's either where he sleeps or where he transports illegals. Or... it's very possible he really liked the cargo capacity, the purposeful choosing a vehicle without side windows however is very suspicious. You don't really /happen/ to buy one of those vehicles - they are a bit more expensive than normal vans with comparable cargo capacity.)

Anyway, that white van is definitely a new vehicle, I've never seen at my neighbors. Who is this guy and why does he care about this property? Or was he checking on me? Why?

It's just very suspicious when a non-neighbor is coming down this road to "check on something", especially with that kind of van, lol.

But, it appears my neighbors are having some kind of celebration today (Playing loud mexican music). Maybe he's involved with the festivities.

And, there appears to be ripe blackberries lining the side of the road. Or is some other berry? Well, it's black and looks like a blackberry, lol.

They love deep sandy soil and are usually found growing in moist areas near a creek, ...

Oh, that's why they're on the side of the road. Next to the ditch...

It appears I could just transplant these guys if I wanted a blackberry bush...

And, I caught a lizard with my sword. The tail got cut off and it was wiggling and wiggling, but it slowly stopped wiggling after a minute or so. The lizard, I believe, escaped. I suspect he will regenerate his tail. Anyway, I see tons of lizards just walking down the road. They seem to like basking in the sunlight, which is on the road, so they're usually just hanging out right next to the road and they scurry into the forest when I walk past.

Anyway, now that I've caught one, I've determined it is possible to get these guys, and I'm no longer interested in seeing if its possible.

Thinking about getting a kayak, but I didn't really think about securely storing it.

The most practical method for me is likely hiding it. It'd work for now, but wouldn't work after I cleared out the back. (I guess I could hide it in a neighbor's yard... but, I would think clearing out the back would likely invite people to come inside to take a look since it's only partially obscured by the front foliage. But, with me here 95% of the time, they might not be so brave.)

And, I'm definitely making 'drinking water at home' a reality. The country store 7 miles away ate 2 of my quarters, the one 15 miles away was "Sold out"(? I thought the machine treated tap water on the spot), and then the one 16 miles away still worked. I've called in these glacier machines /so/ many times thinking they actually did something about it, but it's never changed, and a 32 mile round trip for a 3 day supply of drinking water is ludicrous. And if the vehicle becomes inoperable, I'll still have a way to cook.
u
Seems like sources recommend boiling water. Seems more energy efficient than distilling it and it'd probably suffice for rainwater. The major question is storing it. I don't think I want to add bleach to the drinking water?

Some say chlorine. Multiple pages tell me that the whitehouse has said chlorinated water consumption (Most tap water) is found to increase cancer risk by 93%. Couldn't find the whitehouse page, but I'm guessing that's because it was changed... maybe by Trump, I don't know. Weird I couldn't find the study, since I'm sure it was a study of some sort, not a government investigation?

Anyway, the connection between cancer and "chemicals in the water" consumption is pretty well known. Seems Houston suffers a bit of that from a certain industrial chemical (Articles online; I already posted it in a previous entry). So, this wouldn't be surprising, but it does open a few questions. Like... salt water... is that free sodium and chlorine atoms in there? If so, why wouldn't it increase cancer risk?

Anyway, articles online are finding aspirin decreases certain cancers. And so does spinach. And, yes.

I'm thinking more bloodflow -> less cancer, because that's the like the only connection between aspirin and spinach. If this is true... more physical activity -> less cancer. Which seems pretty reasonable to assume since certain cancers have been increasing, probably due to the increased sedentary nature of society in recent decades (Due to modern technology and societal trends. I.e., playing xbox vs playing outside. Playing xbox vs going to the beach.)

And, yep, I saw this and though it's a great idea for this area.

https://www.amazon.com/Mosquito-Reflectors-Sketon-Protection-Carrying/dp/B01L63BCXS/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1492354795&sr=8-8&keywords=bug+pants

Breathable mosquito proof suit. Awesome. Get sun exposure, keep the mosquitos off, avoid using DET, and won't sweat to death inside meaning it's probably suitable for working outside, something that's highly desirable in this area during the morning and evening hours. (Midday is just too unbearable for "hard work"; lighter work is fine, like gardening.)

Once I get this thing, I won't have the "I don't want to wear DEET and I don't want to get bitten by mosquitos" excuse, which has been holding me back recently. And there's just so much good sun and opportunity for physical labor going to waste, uggg.

Anyway, I want to get into the habit of driving my van to the neighborhood entrance, parking and then biking the rest of the way. It's an enjoyable stretch and I figure I could use the exercise. I would just bike from my location, but the hassle of the dogs, the dirt roads and hostile neighbors just makes it so unenjoyable (Dirt roads aren't really problematic by themselves, but bumpy dirt roads at high speeds when dogs are chasing you with my tiny front wheel recumbent certainly is, lol.). And, I don't even pedal on that part anyway because I'm using my electric 20mph ability to outrun the dogs, lol. My neck of the woods is pretty nice, so far, because I don't really have hostile neighbors /right here/. That might change in a year or two; seems this area is developing pretty fast.

Anyway, I've determined a surefire way to tell if you're running low on bloodsugar. Eat a fruit with some liquid (Like grapes or apples; not bananas.) and if it tastes exceptionally good, you're probably running low. I sure was yesterday (Those carrots were delicious... normally they aren't that delicious, lol.), making me question if my 170g/daily carb starch consumption was sufficient or maybe the body just wants sugar, and starches just won't cut it. I don't know, it seems like fruit and vegetable starches work on two different systems, and the body needs sucrose/fructose or something regardless of starch consumption (I could be wrong). It sure didn't seem like my body was "really craving peas" like my bloodsugar was low with that daily consumption level. 1/2 cup of dry peas seems like a lot.

I'm thinking there's something special about fresh fruits and sucrose rich vegetables that the body just really wants, regardless of everything else consumed (Like peas).

And, now focusing on the rainwater.

https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/drinking/private/rainwater-collection.html

These people make it sound like rainwater = chemicals, bacteria and parasites. So, it seems like you'd need to filter and sterilize the rainwater for human consumption. They even suggest not using rainwater for the plants you intend to eat(What? Well, I guess that entirely depends on the irrigation method and plant. Drip irrigation won't affect the trees and bushes and ground plants where the skin isn't usually consumed wouldn't be affected, i.e., watermelon. But spinach would likely be affected.)

For watering the vulnerable plants (Root vegetables whose skin is consumed), I guess one should sterilize the water.

For drinking and cooking, it'd probably benefit from classic filtration and disinfectant. I'm guessing I'd be more worried about disinfectant if i'm not cautious in choose the rainwater collection material, as I assume the chemical levels in rainwater is pretty darn low, especially as compared to tap.

Well, let's do some energy calculations. I wonder what kind of power sources might be practical for boiling.

https://elementsofheating.wordpress.com/2012/09/26/how-to-calculate-the-kw-required-to-heat-a-volume-of-water-in-a-particular-time/

kwh = volume in litres x 4 x temperature rise in degrees centigrade / 3412

1.5 gallon = 5.67 liter
80C rise from 20C and 100C(boiling)

kwh = 5.67liter * 4 * 80C / 3412 = (5.67*4*80)/3412 = .530 kwh = 530 wh

Oh, well, that seems doable using 300W of solar during the sunnier months.

During the winter, I might have to use fuel or wood. Possibly fuel via a generator.

And looking online at the filters, it looks like reverse osmosis would work. It removes parasites, bacteria and particles. I wouldn't need the charcoal for removing the chlorine or /probably/ other chemicals. Now, what does a suitable RO system entail?

Seeing that a few of the RO units have a problem with bacteria (Builds on the filters; fishy water smell.), someone recommended UV. So, I searched, and there are UV sterilizing units one could use. So, that's pretty much all I'm looking for, I believe? Run the rainwater through a UV filter to kill the bacteria. Taste might still be affected by the dead bacteria, so a charcoal filter might help with that (A simple pitch filter).

Here's one such UV filter.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultraviolet-Purifier-Reverse-Osmosis-Sterilizer/dp/B0110LTT1I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1492361996&sr=8-6&keywords=reverse+osmosis+uv

I'm guessing if one wanted to remove the dead bacteria from the water, you'd use a RO filter or possibly even a simple pitch filter. But, I'm not really worried about that, since I'm pretty sure I already eat tons of /live/ bacteria via the food I consume.

So, I'm thinking all I really need for rainwater collection is a UV filter, since I would think the salts/mineral/metals content would be pretty low. The rain is essentially one big distiller, lol.

And that system is 1 gal/minute and 6W consumption. Wow, so energy not intensive, easily powered by solar. I could even run my garden water through this (Assuming it wasn't sourced from the ditch; filtering ditch water for gardening is just a cost nonstarter. Ditch water would probably be suitable for the trees and bushes.)

Ok, so the system right now is.

rain -> rainbarrel -> uv filter -> pitcher filter (W/ charcoal filter) -> drinking & cooking water

uv filter = kills bacteria & viruses
charcoal filter = removes the dead bacteria, improves taste

rain -> rainbarrel -> uv filter -> garden water for the sensitive plants.

And, it looks like Prime's "2 day shipping" is now "3 day shipping" for me, and that's for the lighter items, lol. If I didn't know any better, I used up Prime's shipping budget for me, so they've downgraded my shipping speeds, lol. Either that or this "2 day shipping" thing is a lie.

And, it is HUMID today. Wow, the heat and humidity really go together to make the inside of the RV a bit uncomfortable.

And that reminds me... I need to tape up the holes in the tarp. After seeing the cost of a ladder, I decided I would get ontop of my van, lol.

And, man, the nearby Kroger is not opening until "late summer". It looked like it's a week from completion since last month, but I'm guessing cash shortages might be limiting how quickly they can open.

And, man, my poop has been rather black lately, seems like since I went grocery shopping? That's telling me that it's rather rich in minerals, which isn't too surprising.

Anyway, a cup of water, 2 TBSP of cocoa, 1 tsp of honey - just enough sweetness to take the bitterness off the cocoa, but not "sweet", just the way I like it. Apparently a tsp of honey is 5grams sugar.

And, on craigslist, looks like all the plastic 55 gallon drums are downtown, and all the local ones are metal. Oh, that kind of sucks (It's 120 miles roundtrip and, more importantly, the highway traffic within 30-40 miles of downtown houston is unbearable.). I guess I could make one trip to downtown and load up on as many barrels I can and then keep a lookout for local plastic drums to complete the collection. I would do that on "a Day I could afford to waste", since getting in and out of downtown Houston from here takes a good 4-6 hours total.

And, it looks like I could activated charcoal to make my own charcoal filter or make a charcoal filter from wood ashes(Less effective than activated charcoal)

http://survivalcache.com/diy-making-an-activated-charcoal-filter/

Apparently hardwoods make a better charcoal filter (don't doubt it, they are definitely far denser. It seems that, in this area anyway, leaves = hardwood. Pine needles = soft.). After I cut down the trees in the back, I will have plenty of wood for whatever. (I already have enough hardwood already)

Anyway, it's interesting these local grocery stores, mainly HEB and Krogers. (South Carolina has its own special crop, like Piggly Wigglys, lol.) It's interesting because these stores don't exist in Spokane, WA despite their combined national grocery retail presence, especially Krogers. (HEB is not surprising; it seems they're purposely focused on dominating the Texas market? Which if there was a state to conquer, Texas wouldn't be a bad choice.)

Well that explains it, it appears Fred Meyers is the "West Coast" brand and "Krogers" is the East coast brand. Which is interesting because they don't have similar pricing strategies; Krogers is a bit cheaper than Fred Meyers. Granted, few grocery stores in Spokane are "cheap" - might have something to do with heating costs. The only 'cheap' grocery store is an unusually small one (Trader Joe's), which would be explained by heating costs. Otherwise, costco is the only other realistic option there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkO7nGpcfLI&bpctr=1492452988

I watched video earlier of this, and it's now been removed. It's the facebook live video of the guy shooting the elderly black man in the head, and he died pretty instantly. It kind of amazed me how quickly that happened, instant one shot kill. I guess video games aren't faking it.

Guess I'll probably will have to find it on LiveLeak. Seems like it's the only non-censoring video site online.

Oh NO! Someone didn't upload it to liveleak. This video might disappear from the internet. :shock: That goes against the spirit of the internet.

And, it looks like YouTube did a pretty thorough job of removing all uploads. Drats, it's my mission now to find the video, download it, and upload to LiveLeaks.

And, unlike this guy, if I were trying to commit a crime of this magnitude and intended on getting away with it in a recently purchased vehicle. Here's what I would do.

Get a fake ID.
Buy a used car with cash from a private seller.
Put down the fake name and fake address on the papers. Show ID if requested. (Or just walk away, saying "Oh, I forgot my ID. Do you really need it?", if so, then just drive off and find someone else.)
Put a fake plate on the vehicle, I'd get this arranged beforehand.
Commit the crime and get away with it. I certainly wouldn't videotape it, lol. And, I wouldn't have the getaway vehicle near the scene of the crime.
Replace with another fake plate.
Get a paint job.

Talking all hypothetically. And, no, I've never thought about it before, lol.

Looks like this site uploaded a copy. http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/stevie-steve-stephens-cleveland-facebook-live-shooting-full-video-unedited-watch/

I guess maybe Heavy is a good alternative to liveleak.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm dying because it knows "the end of the world as you know it" is coming soon, and it knows I won't make it. I kind of wonder if that's why a seemingly disproportionate number of celebrities in the last year or two have died. (Maybe it's not really disproportionate; maybe the first set of national TV celebrities are hitting the twilight years just now.)

I was having a bit of palpitations last night on the least bit of movement, woke up with some kind of nauseating chest pain, and I've been feeling a bit lightheaded recently. I'm pretty sure my bloodsugar, potassium, salt and water levels are fine. I ate a banana and that obviously took care of the bloodsugar issue (I mean as in I was hungry, lol.). I know my salt levels are fine because I really wasn't craving the salty fish, and historically I would. Or was I just needing energy because peas&millet during 'the famine' wasn't doing it?

My ECG looked OK this morning after standing up from bed, but the heart was beating pretty fast. That's not entirely without precedent, so maybe not unusual, but the nauseating chest pain kind of was. Thought maybe it was my neck or something, but I don't really think that explains everything that's happened in recent weeks (Like, lightheaded/shortness of breath for a few seconds just seconds after picking up a tire. And, this shortness of breath sensation was /unmistakable/. There are times where one can question it (Like, saliva blocking the airways), but when it's /really/ happening, there's really no doubt at all it's happening.).

I suspect maybe the nauseating chest pain was caused by eating two bananas about an hour before returning to bed. Bananas, when eaten in abundance, especially with food already in the nearby areas of the tract, are known to cause indigestion. I've since decided I would only eat one banana at a time, which has been working OK so far.

And, I just found out the two banks that are closest to me only have branches in Northwest/West Houston. :shock:

I wonder why? It just seems bizarre none of the local banks are in the nearby small towns. I would think for sure there'd be a local bank that has branches everywhere in Texas; I might have to look harder.

Prosperity bank seems to have more coverage, but it's not in the two nearby towns to me, it's only in one of them. And it's not in Conroe, either. Weird, it doesn't seem like there's one bank that's really everywhere. I guess I could have two bank accounts to maximize my overall coverage (For the purposes of buying things off craigslist.).

And, boy, it seems like no one answers me on Craigslist. Is everything just selling out so quickly? That's the one reason I could deduce for the RV. All the high priced people were responding, but none of the lower priced ones were, suggesting they already sold it.

Anyway, found out that honey is antibacterial which isn't too surprising; after all, it's in storage for so much time waiting to feed the bee larva - If it had no antibacterial properties, it would be quickly consumed by bacteria and turn foul. Another easy way to tell - Does honey ever spoil? I don't think so.

So, this gives interesting insight into the bacterial properties of a peanut butter and honey sandwich. Though the bread might enlarge the junction gaps making the body vulnerable to bacterial invasion, the peanut butter and honey helps clean up the bacteria reducing the overall bacterial impact of the combination. So, peanut butter and honey sandwiches might be not be as bad as one might assume.

Well, my poop has returned to its normal brown color since yesterday.

Weird. I wonder if I was having upper intestinal bleeding?

I'm not sure what would've caused it. Perhaps, consistent consumption of acidic foods might've caused it (Like, limes, apple cider vinegar,etc). And, blood thinners (Like fish, cocoa) might've exacerbated any existing blood loss. [Acidic foods would affect the upper GI the most. Ripe limes are not really acidic, but they don't sell ripe limes in the store. They only sell ripe lemons.]

The symptoms for intestinal bleeding seemed somewhat consistent during that time period (Which I'm not experiencing now), too. Things like chest pain and lightheadedness.

I wonder if my "famine diet"(nearly all cooked dry starches, primarily peas; little to no fat, ran out of coconut) contributed? Because the black coloration started at the tailend of that period of famine. And, my cocoa consumption hasn't gone down recently, so I don't think I can blame the cocoa for "coloring my stools". (Or maybe I can... perhaps the coconut's whiteness helps to whiten the cocoa, making it brown?)

Anyway, this is possibly concerning because it's how my grandpa died. Granted, based on his symptoms, I would think he had lower intestinal bleeding (Bright red blood out the rectum), but it's pretty much the same basic thing I would think.

Anyway, it's hypothetical right now, since it was colored black, but it was not tarry. Maybe that just means that it wasn't 'severe'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gastrointestinal_bleeding#Upper_gastrointestinal

Upper gastrointestinal bleeding is from a source between the pharynx and the ligament of Treitz. An upper source is characterised by hematemesis (vomiting up blood) and melena (tarry stool containing altered blood). About half of cases are due to peptic ulcer disease.[4] Esophageal inflammation and erosive disease are the next most common causes.[4] In those with liver cirrhosis, 50–60% of bleeding is due to esophageal varices.[4] Approximately half of those with peptic ulcers have an H. pylori infection.[4] Other causes include gastric or duodenal ulcers, Mallory-Weiss tears, cancer, and angiodysplasia.[3]

Erosive diseases... Hmm... anything causing erosion might cause it, like possibly acidic foods. Or overproduction of stomach acids, maybe. Perhaps high proportion of starch (As opposed to fat/protein) consumption might cause overproduction of stomach acid?

I did use low dose aspirin continuously for a year about 2 years ago. I've stopped since then. I would assume platelet aggregation is back to normal by now? I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back