Can a throttle be hooked up to this IKEA e-bike?

way cool. maybe someone will send you a throttle wire plug off of a dead controller so you can just plug in an ebay hall sensor throttle or just wire it direct to the pins on the controller.

Woohoo! Nailed it....

Thanks a lot for the support guys!! Internet at its best!! :D

I reconnected the speed sensor because for some reason max speed was still only 25 km/h when testing the bike on the road with the throttle... might just as well reconnect the odometer.

Would all my components work with a different controller in case I want to get rid of the speed limit? After all I only paid 843 USD / 649 EUR / 5995 SEK for the whole e-bike, so I figure there's still some money left to invest in the bike if necessary. :wink:

Thanks again for the help... you're awesome!!

Brgds... /BlueSwede

BlueSwede said:
Thanks a lot for the support guys!! Internet at its best!! :D

I reconnected the speed sensor because for some reason max speed was still only 25 km/h when testing the bike on the road with the throttle... might just as well reconnect the odometer.

Would all my components work with a different controller in case I want to get rid of the speed limit? After all I only paid 843 USD / 649 EUR / 5995 SEK for the whole e-bike, so I figure there's still some money left to invest in the bike if necessary. :wink:

Thanks again for the help... you're awesome!!

Brgds... /BlueSwede

Most definitely although 'probably need to figure out the Phase power/Hall sensor combination but you seem to have the skills to do that. If you do upgrade use a controller with 3077 FETs for best efficiency and maximum range.

The controller looks a reasonable size. A typical 6 fet might drop in that space nicely. I quite like the ku65 with it's 3 speeds. Derestricting is just pulling a plug. They are very cheap.

A few more quid would get you a sinewave controller and an lcd display that makes it look like you have done something. Don't forget a wheel speed sensor, and it should be on your door mat for under 100e

$24 controller http://www.bmsbattery.com/controller/546-s06-250w-imitation-torque-square-wave-controller.html
$26 display http://www.bmsbattery.com/controller/548-s-led770-e-bike-led-meter.html
$1.90 speed sensor http://www.bmsbattery.com/controller/550-s-led770-e-bike-led-meter.html
$4 throttle http://www.bmsbattery.com/accessory/231-thumb-level-throttle.html

$1,000,000 postage...

BlueSwede said:
No, throttle isn't mentioned anywhere. Here are closeup pictures of the front and back side of the connector area on the pcb.
Imagine having a drawing that explained what all the pins mean :roll:

board.png

Brgds... /BlueSwede

next to the top plug, lower two pads AD1 and AD2 may offer a clue.

check the voltage on them and then disconnect the power and see if you can measure continuity between those pins and some of the other spots on the controller. if nothing turns up then maybe consider shorting those two spots together through a big power resistor.

Hello fine work with the throttle. Me and my girl recently bought us a pair of Folkvänlig, we are very satisfied! Possibly one off the batterys are little bad, what is the range of your Folkvänlig ikea bike, I get about 30 km out of mine.

I'm considering what options available to activate, I had a fast look on XPD program, the one for change the settings in the controller.
After checking Blueswedes pictures I think the controller is a 6 FET conmtroller, unfortunately it is not visible on the picture what it says on the chip, but guess it is a infineon controller.

On the battery is in addition to the + and - a couple pins marked with HDQ, GND, what I know is HDQ protocol obsolete and hard to find the library for, I have find comments for Arduino but cant get the files, is there anyone who succeeded?

Finally, so I'm wondering how I find out if it is possible to enable regenerative braking, it would be nice not to eat so much on the brake pads.

A way round this would be to rig up an arduino or picaxe controller, to generate a pulse depending on the resistance of a pot connected to another pin (a throttle), so the more the throttle is twisted the higher the pulse rate is generated, you'd then just disconnect the pedal sensor and connect that to the arduino, the controller should then see the pulses as rotations of the pedals and increase or decrease the speed of the motor.

Nice job. Can i do the same on my bike, but it has a diferentt controller?

Controller pictures;)

Attachments

• 20181225_171823__1546012455_188.230.129.107.jpg
    20181225_171823__1546012455_188.230.129.107.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 818
  • 20181225_171803__1546012655_188.230.129.107.jpg
    20181225_171803__1546012655_188.230.129.107.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 818
The bike brand is s-bikes, it's not well known and its a folding bike, it has cadence sensors.

Rasta, did you see this thread? Poster connected a throttle directly to his controller.
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=97103

It looks like your controller is from the same company, but I didn't see any obvious unused pads on your circuit board that looked like they would accept a throttle.

By the way, I replied originally thinking you were going to do a Arduino pulse generator. If no throttle inputs exist, then that is an alternative. If you generate a PAS signal, then you need a switch so you can have either cadence sensor or throttle, but not possible to have both simultaneously. Another alternative is to swap controllers.

Thank you for your reply, it helped me a lot. I think it is best to get a new controller for the best usage. But just as a curiosity how would i make a switch to work on this controller, and do you maybe suggest any similar controller with the type of connections that i have and for my display?

Attachments

• ae_1546104037884__1546114677_89.212.197.46.jpg
    ae_1546104037884__1546114677_89.212.197.46.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 797
How about just getting a cheap KT-Controller ? They have a throttle, and Casainho wrote a cool open source firmware for it making them very efficient in FOC mode.

Back