Can I use 18ga silicone wire as an 120volt AC extension cord?

Anyone concerned about personal safety to the level of worrying about the quality of an extension cord,....might want to rethink planning a trip to Asia.
Some towns in India there are wild tigers that roam the streets at night, ( there is an average of 1 "death by Tiger". every week !)
crossing the street in Vietnam is a 50/50 chance of being run down.
Huge areas of SE Asia are still riddled with AP mines.
Drinking water is almost certain to make a Western visitor sick.
Many of the cocktails and mixed drinks in bars are made with raw alcohol and can make you blind and brain damaged.
Be careful how you chose your food
Be even more careful how you chose .. (what appears to be) ....girls !
Do not even think about touching any drugs, ..even MJ can get you jail for life or even the death sentence in some countries.
Enjoy !

Hillhater said:
Anyone concerned about personal safety to the level of worrying about the quality of an extension cord,....might want to rethink planning a trip to Asia.
Some towns in India there are wild tigers that roam the streets at night, ( there is an average of 1 "death by Tiger". every week !)
crossing the street in Vietnam is a 50/50 chance of being run down.
Huge areas of SE Asia are still riddled with AP mines.
Drinking water is almost certain to make a Western visitor sick.
Many of the cocktails and mixed drinks in bars are made with raw alcohol and can make you blind and brain damaged.
Be careful how you chose your food
Be even more careful how you chose .. (what appears to be) ....girls !
Do not even think about touching any drugs, ..even MJ can get you jail for life or even the death sentence in some countries.
Enjoy !

This is actually why I like going, it is very adventurous to say the least.

You should look at the over head power lines over there, just a hairball of cables going everywhere that were undoubtedly hacked into, with a very high risk of electrocution for the hacker.

Your extension cord job will fine.

Dont forget to bring Charmin TP, nothing but the best while traveling and pooping into holes in the ground.

The overhead power lines where? In Asia? It's a big place man. Includes Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, etc. Places that arguably have their shit way more together than we do.

Plus, splicing into live wires is totally safe if you do it right.

dustNbone said:
The overhead power lines where? In Asia? It's a big place man.

Did Offroader say where in Asia?
I'm planning a 6 month backpacking traveling trip to Asia.
I'm fitting my life into a small backpack to live maybe 6 months traveling around Asia.
This is actually why I like going, it is very adventurous to say the least.

Multiple countries! How nice is that 8)

Agreed dustNbone, Japan would have neat, orderly and safe power lines, while 3rd world countries would have a jungle of cables everywhere of unknown safety.
48 countries in Asia. Yemen is included, no screenshot of wikipedia for only one country.
I thought Turkey was [strike]half[/strike] -mostly- in Asia, its not listed as in Asia as [strike]half[/strike] a small bit is in Europe. I say Majority rules and should be listed as an asian country. Some website -> Turkey, by land mass, is positioned 95% in Asia and 5% in Europe. Just saying if I was Offroader, I'd start in Turkey, fly over to India, travel through Pakistan, Laos, Vietnam, then find a cheap dream beach to relax on for week(s).
View attachment 1

I took this around 5 years ago when I was in the Philippines. The overhead wires really amazed me, this isn't even a great picture of how messy the overhead wires are, they can get really messy.

I think I took the picture because I found the ladder laid up on the wires interesting.

XfLl6IQ.jpg

markz said:
48 countries in Asia. Yemen is included, no screenshot of wikipedia for only one country.

Maybe 48 UN recognized states, oddly not including Turkey yes.

Also excluding Taiwan, Palestine, Northern Cyprus, etc.

It's a very fluid number, depends who you ask.

Back