• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Can SLA be upside down

weirdeh

100 mW
OK kind of a stupid question, but I am planning the next build and I tried searching. the new build will be a folder I don't really want to remove the batteries. if when on the bike they are upright then will be in the trunk on their side. will this be OK?
I have batteries like these.
CF12V17.jpg

Thanks guys.
Safe - your motor has holes in the end do you ride in the wet? is there holes on the chain end.

weirdeh said:
Safe - your motor has holes in the end do you ride in the wet? is there holes on the chain end.

I normally don't ride in the wet... but even if i did the holes in the motor are perpendicular to the direction that the water flies off the tires. The water, mud, etc tends to hit about 1/4 inward of the drive side of the motor. There is little chance of getting the insides of the motor wet or dirty...

I've read sla's can be installed in any position except upside down.

Charging will be with them upright. just when it gets tossed in the trunk then they will be on their side. or end or whatever most likely won't be upside down.

Back