Car Goes Downwind 2.5 Times Faster Than the Wind

endlessplane said:
doctorGONZO said:
endlessplane said:
Tell me, Gonzo, do you understand that the center of mass of the car can move DIRECTLY DOWNWIND while the propeller blades are TACKING? It's basic vector math, and can also be easily visualized:

[youtube]UGRFb8yNtBo[/youtube]

Tacking and its associated vector math has nothing to do with the halucinatory excursion past 1.0 to the said 2.5.

On the contrary. The vectors are basically the same as in tacking, and easily explain DDW speeds beyond 1.0WS (here for 1.5WS):

2587z0i.jpg

e, you have failed to understand my post, even though it is couched in terms that even a child should be able to understand it.

I said "Tacking and its associated vector math has nothing to do with the halucinatory excursion past 1.0 to the said 2.5."

I explained why I said it.

It was because the claim is that, from 1.0 to 2.5, the kar is being accelerated by the krazy kar sucking energy out of the road with its wheel. Then said energy is chained up to the prop . Then said prop turns and throws air back much like a Piper Cub or a Corsair and so makes thrust. Said thrust supposedly accelerates kar by Newton action and reaction. The munchkin klan claim has been that yo kar is powered NOT by being blown by the wind from 1.0 to 2.5. Therefore, by the said claim, yo kar is exempted from tacking silliness.

Now you once again switch stories and say the yo kar is really tacking from 1.0 t0 2.5.

We have been here before. I complained that you silly little devils changed your tune from one manner of propulsion to another whenever it suited you to avoid admitting that your story failed to make good sense. Now you are doing it again.

Seemingly you all are prepared to continue playing your truly silly juvenile game as long as you can find a fool to provide you with an ongoing argument. I have been patient, presuming that you all were honest people who needed some science education, and I have charitably, in good faith, tried to help you. You all have bent over backward to be devils who deserve no good thing.

Yo kar is a piece of halucination that violates every basic tenet of Newtonian physics. It is either a very silly mistake or is a criminal fraud.

Yo kar, if it were somehow true, without an explained basis in known physics, or, in Yo New Physics, which you all have not been bothering to write and publish, is is completely useless and worthless. I have pondered this and, if it performed as claimed, it could not be engineered into any device that could be useful.

It is worthless whether it works or whether it does not work.

endlessplane said:
doctorGONZO said:
... if you can get your grade school physics teacher to help you do the calcs,...
MIT aerodynamics professor Mark Drela did the calcs.
http://aeroastro.mit.edu/faculty-research/faculty-list/mark-drela

Here his analysis:
http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/attachments/propulsion/28167d1231128492-ddwfttw-directly-downwind-faster-than-wind-ddw2.pdf
Mark Drela said:
This confirms that the DDWFTTW condition V/W > 1 is achievable with a wheeled vehicle without too much difficulty.
Here some more comments:
http://makezine.com/2010/11/05/what-ive-learned-about-wind-carts/
Mark Drela said:
Although DDWFTTW seems like it violates physics, it really does not. The various analyses show this, and the cart experiments on YouTube are definitive proof. In my view, the most closely controlled and unambiguous DDWFTTW demo is the cart climbing up the tilted treadmill. The main problem is then convincing some people that this is equivalent to DDWFFTW. But whoever tries to argue against that equivalence is really arguing against Galilean relativity, which is unassailable. So that secondary argument is a complete waste of time.

OK, I get it, you are a groupie, a star-f*cker, that will idolize an individual and believe anything they tell you. You love Marky (because he is so cute?) and believe anything he mumbles into your ear.

I made the claim that yo kar cannot go from 0 to 1.0 because it will reach a terminal velocity prior to 1.0. I advised that fairly simple math would show this to be true. My experience so far has been that The Believers have shown me virtually no physics knowledge and understanding, and, dont even know what math is.

You have directed me to stale links that do not cover the issue. Obviously you do not understand the issue, even though it is as simple as dirt.

I have done the math. If you knew what you were talking about, and if you knew what I was talking about, you would have done the simple math and either told me "yOU WRONG AND HERE IS MY MATH TO PROVE IT!!" or, told me that you get it, GONZ is right.

You failed.

And I dont care.I know why yo kar cant even get to 1.0 honestly (if Newtonian physics is correct). And you dont.

And I know what to do about it if Newtonian physics is not correct. :shock: And you dont.

And, yes Virginia, I remind you that I know several ways to fake yo kar by using purely Newtonian physics, and all of those several ways should be easily known by anybody with Markys background and experience.

Explain to me, in your own words, how yo kar avoids a terminal velocity between 0.0 and 1.0, and then maybe you can be believed.

doctorGONZO said:
endlessplane said:
On the contrary. The vectors are basically the same as in tacking, and easily explain DDW speeds beyond 1.0WS (here for 1.5WS):

2587z0i.jpg

Then said prop turns and throws air back much like a Piper Cub or a Corsair and so makes thrust.

This is correct. If you look at the diagram above, it is obvious that the propeller blade will accelerate the air backwards.

doctorGONZO said:
... believe anything they tell you.
I don't have to believe anything, since I can understand the math that was provided by the MIT-professor, the researchers from the Danish Technical University and the American Association of Physics Teachers.

You on the other hand, have failed to provide any math to support your claims.

(edit 2u: Let go of the heavenly path and get grip on the Helical path all you unbelievers)
(777 is the number of Nitrogen not Heaven)
Whats next in this paradym .... :pancake:
(edit: spelling and rephrasing is dor some other rime)

Preface .. get some babble octopii eyes fo the vector diagrams can be translated into your species brain waves. :eek:
Your GONA get it one day then the this brain teaser will will be GONZa foreva.
Explain to me, in your own words, how yo kar avoids a terminal velocity between 0.0 and 1.0, and then maybe you can be believed.
Terminal velocity of a powered propellor driven vehicle is when the thrust from the propellor equals the drag forces.
So the DDWFTTW vehicle has a prop shaft linked by gears and chain to the wheels.
V_wheel x Ratio = Propellor_Tangential_Velocity
Propellor_Tangential_Velocity is defined as the velocity at some point on the prop that the sum of the aero forces on the prop blades can be shown as force at a radius from the axis.
As shown in the diagrams above with velocity and force vectors an imported dotted red line is shown. It is labled as the "helical path" which the blade is constrained to.
Describing how the helical path is similar to a wing nut moving on a stationary threaded shaft is related to the pitch angle of the thread will help in comprehending that the path of say the tip od a prop blade can be drawn in two dimensions. The angle between the forward motion (in line or parallel to the prop axis) and the helical path is "constrained" at any vehicle velocity as long a) the wheels maintain traction, to an angle detirmend by the gearing ratio.

NOTE the propellor spins at a rate proportional to the wheel velocity !!!

When the wheel velocity at the axle is the 1/2 the tail wind the prop will be at known revolution rate. The propellor has a Thrust vs RPM vs Air Velocity charateristic that can be measured or accurately computer modelled.

So can it be comprehended that at 1/2 tail wind speed the vehicle can be accelerating faster than if the chain was removed.
With no chain the prop would free spin in opposite direction and experience some forward thrust due to the areo drag from the tail wind also like the rest of the vehicle frame and wheels.

BUT what happens when the chain is attached?
The prop is driven by the "WHEEL AXLE" not just the "Wheel".
Torque is transfered from wheel axle to chain tension to propellor axle torque to a blade radius reference point travelling along a helical path that a vector sumation can be calculated to descibe the the propellor blade aero forces due to its motion through the air mass at vector velocity that can be described by the sumation of the wind velocity and blade tangential velocity along the constrained helical path.
(Breath....)
The issue the "WHEEL AXLE" torque.
The.prop thrust is from a chart for it's RPM and relative wind speed.
This is typical areoplane dynamics. If your stuck on this then you can't understand how any prop driven vehicle.works.

So what detirmins the Wheel Axle Torque?
The wheel is "gripping" the stationary road surface, no slip.
The dynamics on the propellor blades are creating a thrust forward for the considered operating point of 1/2 tail wind.
This thrust force is pushing through the axle "thrust" bearings ;)
The ridgid frame transfers these to wheel axle bearings.
The forward force at axle is applied as a torque arm (think levers and childrens see-saws and fulcrums) over the wheel radius to the "gripping" road.
At the road contact patch area a force is returned to the wheel according to momentum physics.
The earth supporting the road has a huge radial moment of enertia due to it mass density function .

Two rear wheels on the axle to share the grip and two blades to make the thrust.

acceleration is from Force / Mass ratio.
Power is Force x Velocity
Work energy is Force x Displacement
These are Vector calculations The result is based on the effective or apparent Force in line with the Velocity or Displacement vectors.

So the prop spins because it is driven by torque from the wheels that a pushed (or driven) by thrust from the prop.
Now this sounds circular problem but in fact it "ORTHAGONAL".
The torque on the prop is "ORTHAGONAL" to the resulting thrust.
The moving Air mass relative to the ground (some call it wind) has kinetic energy relative to.the ground reference frame.
The "tacking angle" of the aerofoil propellor "blades" is caused by the gearing ratio constraining the blade pitch velocity as a ratio between the vehicle velocity and the tangential blade velocity.
So energy is split into.flows through the chain (verticle) and the rigid frame horizontally forward.

IF the mass of the vehicle was significant to the earths mass then the transfer of momentum at the "grip" will spin the planet and energy will be transfered from the vehicle to the ground.

This is typical of all wheel driven vehicles by experience the fuel energy goes into the vehicle connetic energy.

basic mom

Describing why the energy is conaintained effectively in the vehicle would be worth keeping it to a discussion that included cosmic and solar wind sails tacking on keels held in the Higgs field.

This is an Earth Wind driven vehicle without Fire so we'll forget the newage funk for Now.

I hope the above description will get you upto the 1.0 tail wind velocity and you can break through the brain barrier and SMACH your brain when it gets past 1.5 SMACH double trouble when 2.0 is realized and then 2.5 ....... no could this be endless. could strings of super strong carbon nano tube structures gets us beyond the 3.0 brain dimensional barrier.
Shit if a DDWFTTW vehicle stumps you then all the subtext in the above paragraph will.fall on deaf ears.

Good Luck with Your Endevours and enjoys the departing Horse Doovers.

7c

PS Can the Kind Doctor Lend me His Tardis, I've got to go forward and get the fat Boson that fell oof the keel of my Tship.

(edit Li: The energy split...... wheals and chain and propllr motion are cyclic. Their storage of energy is insignificat to syeady state terminal velocity. )

endlessplane said:
doctorGONZO said:
... believe anything they tell you.
I don't have to believe anything, since I can understand the math that was provided by the MIT-professor, the researchers from the Danish Technical University and the American Association of Physics Teachers.

You on the other hand, have failed to provide any math to support your claims.

And I am not gonna do so. Because I am not your, or, anybody's free math and physics consultant. I dont give a fonk if yo kar sinks or swims. I just care about if some rich bitch dope with too much money and too little brains gets high and thinks it might be cool to throw money in yo scam.

NOBODY has provided adequate math in all the material that has been presented in this thread. ADEQUATE math will include ALL the important factors. ALL the important factors have not ever been presented here.

Math that will include ALL the important factors will show undeniably that yo kar must grossly violate Newtonian physics to perform as claimed. And you all have not presented a gross re-write of Newtonian physics to explain squat.

7circle said:
(edit 2u: Let go of the heavenly path and get grip on the Helical path all you unbelievers)

Preface .. get some babble octopii eyes fo the vector diagrams can be translated into your species brain waves. :eek:
Terminal velocity of a powered propellor driven vehicle is when the thrust from the propellor equals the drag forces.
So the DDWFTTW vehicle has a prop shaft linked by gears and chain to the wheels.
Propellor_Tangential_Velocity is defined as the velocity at some point on the prop that the sum of the aero forces on the prop blades can be shown as force at a radius from the axis.
As shown in the diagrams above with velocity and force vectors an imported dotted red line is shown. It is labled as the "helical path" which the blade is constrained to.
Describing how the helical path is similar to a wing nut moving on a stationary threaded shaft is related to the pitch angle of the thread will help in comprehending that the path of say the tip od a prop blade can be drawn in two dimensions. The angle between the forward motion (in line or parallel to the prop axis) and the helical path is "constrained" at any vehicle velocity as long a) the wheels maintain traction, to an angle detirmend by the gearing ratio.

When the wheel velocity at the axle is the 1/2 the tail wind the prop will be at known revolution rate. The propellor has a Thrust vs RPM vs Air Velocity charateristic that can be measured or accurately computer modelled.

So can it be comprehended that at 1/2 tail wind speed the vehicle can be accelerating faster than if the chain was removed.
With no chain the prop would free spin in opposite direction and experience some forward thrust due to the areo drag from the tail wind also like the rest of the vehicle frame and wheels.

Torque is transfered from wheel axle to chain tension to propellor axle torque to a blade radius reference point travelling along a helical path that a vector sumation can be calculated to descibe the the propellor blade aero forces due to its motion through the air mass at vector velocity that can be described by the sumation of the wind velocity and blade tangential velocity along the constrained helical path.
(Breath....)
This is typical areoplane dynamics. If your stuck on this then you can't understand how any prop driven vehicle.works.

The dynamics on the propellor blades are creating a thrust forward for the considered operating point of 1/2 tail wind.
The forward force at axle is applied as a torque arm (think levers and childrens see-saws and fulcrums) over the wheel radius to the "gripping" road.
At the road contact patch area a force is returned to the wheel according to momentum physics.
The earth supporting the road has a huge radial moment of enertia due to it mass density function .

Two rear wheels on the axle to share the grip and two blades to make the thrust.

These are Vector calculations The result is based on the effective or apparent Force in line with the Velocity or Displacement vectors.

So the prop spins because it is driven by torque from the wheels that a pushed (or driven) by thrust from the prop.
The moving Air mass relative to the ground (some call it wind) has kinetic energy relative to.the ground reference frame.
The "tacking angle" of the aerofoil propellor "blades" is caused by the gearing ratio constraining the blade pitch velocity as a ratio between the vehicle velocity and the tangential blade velocity.
So energy is split into.flows through the chain (verticle) and the rigid frame horizontally forward.

IF the mass of the vehicle was significant to the earths mass then the transfer of momentum at the "grip" will spin the planet and energy will be transfered from the vehicle to the ground.

This is typical of all wheel driven vehicles by experience the fuel energy goes into the vehicle connetic energy.

basic mom

Describing why the energy is conaintained effectively in the vehicle would be worth keeping it to a discussion that included cosmic and solar wind sails tacking on keels held in the Higgs field.

This is an Earth Wind driven vehicle without Fire so we'll forget the newage funk for Now.

I hope the above description will get you upto the 1.0 tail wind velocity and you can break through the brain barrier and SMACH your brain when it gets past 1.5 SMACH double trouble when 2.0 is realized and then 2.5 ....... no could this be endless. could strings of super strong carbon nano tube structures gets us beyond the 3.0 brain dimensional barrier.
Shit if a DDWFTTW vehicle stumps you then all the subtext in the above paragraph will.fall on deaf ears.

7c

PS Can the Kind Doctor Lend me His Tardis, I've got to go forward and get the fat Boson that fell oof the keel of my Tship.

(edit Li: The energy split...... wheals and chain and propllr motion are cyclic. Their storage of energy is insignificat to syeady state terminal velocity. )

......When the white knight is talking backward
and the red queen has lost her head
keep your head!.....

lyrics of White Rabbit
performed by Grace Slick and Jefferson Airplane

Tell me, 7-man , how does it feel to be own your own
like a rolling stone?

How does it feel to have $500,000 dropped in your lap and then piss it off chasing your weed dreams ? How much you have left? $1.98?

Right now, on a level playing field, I could take your pissed off $500,000 and genuinely change the course of human civilization for the much better in terms of technology and prosperity.

Beam me up. There is no sign of intelligent life down here.

I like how the troll says he won't provide the math to support his claim, but Demands that others provide the math to support the truth, even though it has been given many times here.

I'd wondered what would happen to all those troll kiddies on 4chan a decade ago. Now I see they have integrated themselves into society, and are still providing their services to humanity in less amusing ways.

I once had great hope for those young Trolls. Socrates was the original troll, being the great gadfly on Greek society. "Stinging people and whipping them into a fury, all in the service of truth" I'd hoped they would go on to force our society to re-examine it's beliefs and culture, to peel away our pretentiousness and force us to examine our own selves in the light of truth.
Sadly, what we have is less than what I'd hoped. Trolling facts never works, as you can't pull back the pretentiousness of truth to expose truth. Instead you just look like a douche nozzle.

doctorGONZO said:
...yo kar must grossly violate Newtonian physics to perform as claimed.
According to your misconceptions, even a simple cotton reel "violates Newtonian physics".

[youtube]E7vcQcIaWSQ[/youtube]

According to the known laws of Gonzonian physics, if you don't provide the math, then it cannot possibly be true. I'm not convinced Gonzo's mother is mathematically provable either.

I believe Gonzo was once legitimately believing it was impossible, then realized it does work, but now also enjoys trolling us because we take this clever wind powered car so seriously.

liveforphysics said:
I believe Gonzo was once legitimately believing it was impossible, then realized it does work, but now also enjoys trolling us because we take this clever wind powered car so seriously.

LOL!!

40 million comedians are out of work, and you, For, are givin it away for free. You are cruel, For.

GONZ once legitimately believed he did not know HTF it could work, according to the OP and the description of the kar.

GONZ wasted quite a bit of valuable time and energy to trying to figure out out how it could work according to Newtonian physics.

GONZ came up with the conclusion that either the Kar is impossible or Newtonian physics is impossible.

GONZ is placing his bet on Newtonian Physics.

GONZ concluded that the most likely solution to the conundrum is that the performance of yo kar was faked with clever hidden propulsion method, or, other scamming fakery (not the first time in history). So, in a sense , you are correct that the kar is klever. It is so klever that there are only about a half dozen ways that a scammer propulsion system could have been hidden in it. After half a dozen, I got bored and did not look any further.

You are a really silly fellow, For, because you do not understand that GONZ, like any real scientist, eagerly and aggressively seeks out any genuine anomaly in the prevailing wisdom. And if one is found, I know how to work to develop a new theory to replace the old wrong theory. My ego is under control and does not interfere with my appreciation or acknowledgement of new facts that may negate an earlier conclusion. You and others in your klan have mentioned such ego based factors so often that I must conclude that you and yours are extremely sensitive to your being wrong and being ashamed to admit it. People like you usually project your own character flaws out upon anyone you see as your enemy. Which is just about everybody.

7circle said:

(Breath....)

basic mom

7c

Somebody please tell me how drunk (I have some experience to relate to) , or, how stoned on pot or whatever (I have never used any kind of dope in all my 71 years) I need to be in order to understand this revelatory Oracle brought down from the mountain by the 7-man???

doctorGONZO said:
either the Kar is impossible or Newtonian physics is impossible...
... or you simply don't understand Newtonian physics.

Thats the most likely option, given that even a simple cotton reel disprooves your naive ideas about mechanics.

Sorry to all for my above spaztic post.

I was a ...tad sleep.dreprived.... and a bit over dealing with the physics seriously and in my dreamy state typed a bunch of gooop.

I haven't put a fabre castle to paper or fabricated paper mach3e into trpedious land jet.

But if you want to get rewired read the wired article about such particles written by the smarties that made up the party that the old farty full of hot air won't heartely toke.

http://www.wired.com/2010/08/ddwfttw/all/1

Sorry again ... just cant be serious...
and a pic to remind some of the evil deeds some comit
blackbird-downwind-faster-than-the-wind-02.jpg

It's sad to watch another human stop learning. 70 ought to bring wisdom, not lonely nights trolling.

hoo gnoo this wuz still a happnen' thing seven years on (as of the the last post here) until it popped up in my utube recommends (for some reason) & that it had roped in perfesser proton-degrasse-tyson & bill nye-county-the seance-guy.
but when you search term for 'yuge boobz' you get what you get i guess.

the physicist that made the $10k wager it don't werq is exactly why i don't believe in expsurtz like chalocabra & will always hear out any 'krackpot' at least once until i can get a handle on the missing piece of my understanding (or theirs).
the VSR explanation is the mcguffin i wuz scratching for; impedance matching FTW yet again.

posting this vid because it has all the links to the others with DIY plans for any keeners out there.
and frankly miss america is much easier on the eyes.
[youtube]VUgajGv4Aok[/youtube]

http://www.douglas-self.com/MUSEUM/TRANSPORT/propcycle/propcycle.htm
https://makezine.com/2007/07/11/propeller-driven-bicycle-1/
[youtube]a5gbT7Uo5qY[/youtube]

http://www.schultzengineering.us/sbuild/sbuild.htm
sailcar.jpg

Back