Cassette shaking when motor spinning normal?

eecsflyer

10 mW
I just installed a Crystalyte hub motor in a prelaced wheel from Grin tech on my handcycle. When I let the motor spin the wheel while the wheel is in the air and I am off the bike, the cassette oscillates side to side. It is subtle, but you can see it in this video

https://youtu.be/48pe9ilTm4E

Is this normal? Should I be worried?

to be expected

Hmm... Whether or not it's normal for Those motors, I don't know, but I wouldn't be OK with it. I've been a cyclist my whole life, and I've never had that before, including on the couple cheapo hubmotors I've dealt with since getting into ebikes. I would very much think it's going decrease shifting consistency, likely cause premature cassette wear, and perhaps chain wear.

Seriously...
Even though brand new Clyte H35 often are out of true, it is not proven yet that it is the origin of your ´problem’. It could be the cheap freewheel itself. Also, freewheels often have a lateral play, and could be moving in and out slightly when the wheel is spinning off the ground, in reaction to a wheel lacing out of true, or a tire mounted with the bead that is not perfectly aligned. Don’t worry much about that. Freewheels never last a lot of mileage on motors anyway, unless you buy expansive ones.

Back