Cheapest lipo right now?

mike662

10 W
Anyone know what the cheapest lipo is right now? I've been waiting for HK to get the 4s hardcase in stock but I'm getting impatient :evil: I'm thinking about getting 6 of these to run 18s2p: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__7639__ZIPPY_Flightmax_5000mAh_6S1P_15C_.html They seem to have good reviews

Try to avoid buying a bunch of LiPo from China when possible. Shipping is pricey, and 'capacity' based, not weight.

The 4S hardcase packs from the US warehouse are the best deal. Spend $100 or something like that, and shipping is $0.01! Compare that to the $100-400 in shipping alone for a bunch of those from the HK warehouse.
Theyre OOS right now, and no telling when stuff comes back in... If you really need or want the stuff now, the Turnigy 6S 20C 5AH LiPo is probably the best bet. Find someone who recently purchased one or more, and get a buddy code from them. If you can't do this, buy one yourself from a new account, and use the buddy code to buy the remainder on your normal account. Its $42.88 or something like that with the buddy code. Get a bunch to make shipping a penny, and you have a cost effective solution.

Be sure to use code mili09 at checkout to save 1%. They kind of hide the place to enter codes, be on the lookout.

ZOMGVTEK said:
Try to avoid buying a bunch of LiPo from China when possible. Shipping is pricey, and 'capacity' based, not weight.

The 4S hardcase packs from the US warehouse are the best deal. Spend $100 or something like that, and shipping is $0.01! Compare that to the $100-400 in shipping alone for a bunch of those from the HK warehouse.
Theyre OOS right now, and no telling when stuff comes back in... If you really need or want the stuff now, the Turnigy 6S 20C 5AH LiPo is probably the best bet. Find someone who recently purchased one or more, and get a buddy code from them. If you can't do this, buy one yourself from a new account, and use the buddy code to buy the remainder on your normal account. Its $42.88 or something like that with the buddy code. Get a bunch to make shipping a penny, and you have a cost effective solution.

Be sure to use code mili09 at checkout to save 1%. They kind of hide the place to enter codes, be on the lookout.

Wow some good secrets here, thanks! However, can you tell me if it's possible to have the batteries shippied to Canada? I tried to buy from the US warehouse once and it said they won't ship outside of US :(

I have no idea about shipping to Canada. If they force you into the HK warehouse, which they might, you might want to try shipping it to someone in the US and having them ship it to you. Should be quite a bit cheaper, and take about the same time as coming from HK.

I've got four 6S 5 \AH 20C batts from the US site. Got the a month or so ago. Unused except to check charge on arrival. You want em? If I knew the buddy code I'd let you have it, but it's probably no good now.
Brian L.

ZOMGVTEK said:
I have no idea about shipping to Canada. If they force you into the HK warehouse, which they might, you might want to try shipping it to someone in the US and having them ship it to you. Should be quite a bit cheaper, and take about the same time as coming from HK.

Wish I knew someone from the US that could do this for me. I think I'll check out if any stores sell lipos locally, who knows? Maybe I'll get a whole stock of them super cheap :twisted:

RallySTX said:
I've got four 6S 5 AH batts from the US site. Got the a month or so ago. Unused except to check charge on arrival. You want em? If I knew the buddy code I'd let you have it, but it's probably no good now.
Brian L.

PM sent

I run those 6S 15C Zippy bricks in 12S2P configuration and they've been a great value IMO. They remain balanced better than 20C Turnigy I also use regularly. Dealing with China HK is best to order an extra brick or two. In the event of a dud/runt you won't be as disappointed.

FWIW, even running em at 4c or less, I see a pretty big difference in performance between 20c and 30c packs. 20c sags under load more for sure. That sag makes you hit the 3.5v drop dead stop point a few mha sooner. It depends on how much you want to flog em, taking them below 3.5v under load, or if you will have plenty of capacity for your normal ride and it won't matter one bit.

If you really want no noticeable voltage sag when you ask for 3000w, you need more than the 15c packs. If it's a commuter bike with 20 amp contorller, or you don't mind 3v of sag, then the cheap stuff should be fine.

How are you guys getting 1¢ shipping from the HobbyKing USA site? My last two LiPo orders I had to pay full shipping price, not that I really mind, just curious. I think that shipping was just a promo or something.

Mike, if you didn't like my offer, you could at least say no thanks, or try to haggle me down. I'm not mad but geez some people don't even have the courtesy to tell the truth online anymore. :roll: Good luck with your search.
Brian L.

RallySTX said:
Mike, if you didn't like my offer, you could at least say no thanks, or try to haggle me down. I'm not mad but geez some people don't even have the courtesy to tell the truth online anymore. :roll: Good luck with your search.
Brian L.

Hi Brian,

I haven't had a chance to respond to you yet, I went to sleep right after and I've been at school until now. I'll PM you in a minute.

Mike

I think I will just pedal for the next few weeks while waiting for HK to get the 4s in stock. I've already bought the MW chargers and 5 battery medics for an 8x4s5ah setup. I'll check out this one warehouse in a nearby city to see if they maybe sell cheap lipos. And if anyone has any buddy codes for batteries could you please post it? Thanks folks!

One thing about those 4s packs that is nice is you don't have to worry so much about damage to the pouches. For me, if the cost works out the same I'd rather have the hardcases. One concern that was brung up is hidden damage, but I puffed one and it split right open. So they may not hide damage as well as you would think.

vanilla ice said:
One thing about those 4s packs that is nice is you don't have to worry so much about damage to the pouches. For me, if the cost works out the same I'd rather have the hardcases. One concern that was brung up is hidden damage, but I puffed one and it split right open. So they may not hide damage as well as you would think.
Yes, that's definitely a plus. And they are very easy to replace at such cost and size.

zombiess said:
How are you guys getting 1¢ shipping from the HobbyKing USA site? My last two LiPo orders I had to pay full shipping price, not that I really mind, just curious. I think that shipping was just a promo or something.

Spend a lot of money. I'm not sure if it says anywhere a particular amount, but I got it on $250 orders, and $600 orders. Didn't do a thing, its just automatic. I'm a platinum member, if that matters.

Mike, you could always ship it to CBI or another Amerifriend company in Buffalo....its a company that you can ship stuff to and then go pick it up.

i save a fortune this way....send stuff all the time and they will let you hold it there for months with no extra charges. its $5 and change per package...well worth it.

in fact, my bicycle forks are still hibernating there for over a month now...and i'm about to ship more HK stuff there.

RallySTX said:
Best of luck to you Mike!
Brian L.

Thanks Brian! I hope your build goes well and that you're able to get it running soon :D
Red_Liner740 said:
Mike, you could always ship it to CBI or another Amerifriend company in Buffalo....its a company that you can ship stuff to and then go pick it up.

i save a fortune this way....send stuff all the time and they will let you hold it there for months with no extra charges. its $5 and change per package...well worth it.

in fact, my bicycle forks are still hibernating there for over a month now...and i'm about to ship more HK stuff there.

I've thought about this before but never really looked into it. I think I just might do this as I visit Hamilton often so I'll just have to calculate if the time and gas costs to drive to Buffalo or somewhere near the border would be worth it.

Just wondering though, when you come back to Canada, you have to declare the batteries, right? Would I legally be allowed to bring around $220 worth of batteries and would I be taxed on it? I'll look this up on the CRA website to make sure but I wouldn't mind hearing people's experiences with this. I can't risk lying to the border patrol as I risk my future career as an international pilot then :?

I'm in Lancaster, NY. It happens to be about 30 minutes away from Fort Erie, Ontario.
Shipping a few boxes to me wouldn't be an issue.

I have a buddy in Toronto that comes down all the time. He's constantly smuggling stuff over the border, and most of the time they don't charge any duties. Take the stuff out of the box and make it look like it was there before you came across.

ZOMGVTEK said:
I'm in Lancaster, NY. It happens to be about 30 minutes away from Fort Erie, Ontario.
Shipping a few boxes to me wouldn't be an issue.

I have a buddy in Toronto that comes down all the time. He's constantly smuggling stuff over the border, and most of the time they don't charge any duties. Take the stuff out of the box and make it look like it was there before you came across.

Thanks zomgvtek (lol I like the name), I'll keep that in mind. I'll see if there are any companies that will reship to my place so that I don't have to make any trips, but I doubt I'll find any cheap ones :(

Just received an email that the USA warehouse has stock and placed my order for 11 packs! Having it shipped to CBI in Buffalo and I'll pick it up from there. Sweeeeet!

Back