Chinese Connection

fechter said:
Next challenge:
Can they make LiFeP04 BMS circuits for us? We even have the schematics...

LiFePO4! BMS! You Got Specs! Why not ask. They can make anything over in Shenzhen. But YOU have to be the boss and show them how. You have the email address. Start the direct dialogue. I am all for this because a123s at $12.50 a cell is way to expensive. I want cheep Chinese clones at $6.00 a cell with a bullet proof BMS! No ... $3.50 per cell!

GIVE ME LIPO OR GIVE ME (I was gonna say death but that sounds stupid) ... uh ... somebody help me finish here ...

vanilla ice said:
Cool. I've bought a few brushed/brushless controllers from that guy on my ebay account. I'm curious what percent of his biz this forum makes for :p
He sells a lot in Europe so the past percent from this forum is nil I suppose. He is new to the US market as far as I can tell. But that is all changing now.

Heck he hooked up his cam and I was watching him pack up my controllers (real time skype feed). He's top engineer at the factory and also has his own supply business.

This is a very good source for all of us. But it is just beginning.

Knuckles said:
GIVE ME LIPO OR GIVE ME (I was gonna say death but that sounds stupid) ... uh ... somebody help me finish here ...

A similar stable chemistry with equal or greater energy and power densities at a reasonable price? :?

Knuckles said:
drewjet said:
Sweet! When will you have them available, and best guess on price?

For 72V 30 amp controller (tested)
My thoughts on price are as follow ...

$129 + $9.50 shipping ebay 'buy it now' price
$99 +$9.50 shipping ebay starting bid price
$75 + $6 shipping forum member price

paypal only (for now)

delivery by crazy dude to me in about 5 days but I want to test and offer GUARANTEE before I sell anything

OK So I got 10 tested controllers on their way to me. 30-amp 72V with 100V mosfets LVC set at 59V. I'll have them by Thursday. There are still some flaws as reported to me by Fechter and these will be addressed in the next batch at 45-amp w/4110's. But I anticipate they are still very good units. Heck. I'll keep ordering 10 unit batches and each batch will be better then the last. But I will guarantee the 10 I am getting now for 90-days money back NQA. You pay return shipping and all money transferred by PayPal only. Six of these units will be available for forum members at the above quoted $75 price except shipping will be $9.50 not $6.00. It cost $8.15 to send the demo to Fechter by Priority mail w/ Tracking so $9.50 is the right shipping number.

So only six available to forum members at $75 + $9.50 shipping. Of course you can wait for the 4110 untis but my guess is 4 more weeks to make a super controller and price will be higher.

Anyone interested in the 30-amp units should send me an inter-forum private message. I guess first come first served is the only fair way. DO NOT SEND MONEY. Just send inquiry.

-Cheers

Knuckles

Link said:
Knuckles said:

A similar stable chemistry with equal or greater energy and power densities at a reasonable price? :?

Not gory enough ... How bout " GIVE ME LIPO OR GIVE ME 'A similar stable chemistry with equal or greater energy and power densities at a reasonable price' WITH NO f@#K'N FLAMES SHOOTING OUT"

Looks like the same circuit board, but there are some differences.
Main caps and voltage regulator look a bit different, as well as the end plate where the wires come in.

Where did you get that one?

This one is from Goldenmotor, which is supposedly a 48v 1000w version.
I ordered this one as I fried the small controller from the GL2 with a burst of ~60a while setting up and testing the CA current limiter and received two controllers!
First one was a small 48v 16.5a 60* that used the same case as what come original with GL2 controller came in but its a heavily revised version and then a week later arrived the pictured one which I asked for.

I hooked up the smaller 16.5a controller and sweet no problems runs perfect, I then hooked up the 1000w controller and got nothing, so I opened it up and found the 50k resistor to the regulator burnt I imagine from the factory, I replaced the 50k with a spare 47k resistor and tried it again but still no luck it wouldn't fire, I thought it could be they sent a 36v controller and found out a series 12v zener after the resistor can drop the voltage to the regulator to simulate a lower pack voltage overcoming the HVC, this did drop the circuit voltage but the controller still didn't run the motor, so the other night I removed the R11 resistor just in case I had received a 72v controller to cancel the LVC as stated in that youspeed vid but still it will not run.
When I hook the controller to the battery I get one solid LED on and the other LED on the right flashes for about ten seconds then stops, the hall/throttle/brake power output wires are all under 3v so I suspect this may have something to do with it not working, can anyone suggest what I can check to get my controller going?

Just because i had this happen to me last night.

Check the flat pins on the Hall wire block if you are using it .. the legs are very soft and if not lined up perfectly they bend and don't go in the right slot.. ie: no hall singal. I love it when problems are this simple to fix ! ( but i fear you may not have the same problem.. doh )

Keywin and I discussed our ability to warranty and it is easy to send just the board to Keywin for repair. Why not email him for his mailing address and send him the board? He may be fasinated to see this Golden version. Heck ... what are new friends for anyway? :lol:

PS I would like to disable the LVC too. A quick but reversable fix for this would be nice.

Knuckles said:
For 72V 30 amp controller (tested)
My thoughts on price are as follow ...

$129 + $9.50 shipping ebay 'buy it now' price
$99 +$9.50 shipping ebay starting bid price
$75 + $6 shipping forum member price

paypal only (for now)

Knuckles
Hi all
Knuckles what sort of price are we talking about for shipping to the uk for these new controllers.

Keywin and I have a gentleman's agreement. I will do controller sales for the 48 US States and he will do the rest of the planet. Send him an email and ask for a price quote. He will sell direct to you for a primo-good price I am sure. his forum name is keywin. his business email is ecrazyman@gmail.com. his skype is keywinge. I don't know his shoe size (ha ha).

-Cheerio

fechter said:
Yes, I thought of that.
A Cycle Analyst connection should be fairly easy, even with the stock board. Just need to find a souce of the mating connectors.
hi all
you may have already found some by now but if not below is part of the email from farnell this is the uk site but the names and part numbers should be the same for all farnell sites :roll:
3357715 5 In Stock 3.20 CONNECTOR HOUSING, SOCKET, 6WAY; Connect SMP-06V-NC JST (JAPAN SOLDERLESS TERMINALS)
3357752 5 In Stock 3.85 CONNECTOR HOUSING, PIN, 6WAY; Connector SMR-06V-N JST (JAPAN SOLDERLESS TERMINALS)
3357661 30 In Stock 2.37 CRIMP PIN, SM CONNECTOR; Connector type: BYM-001T-P0.6 JST (JAPAN SOLDERLESS TERMINALS)
3357673 30 In Stock 2.52 CRIMP SOCKET, SM; Connector type:Contact BHF-001T-0.8BS JST (JAPAN SOLDERLESS TERMINALS)

listed are the CA end the controller end and the crimp contacts for both

BTW the connectors are NOT in black they are white I pulled up a pdf and it listed that they are made in black or white, you may have better luck in the states.

Storm said:
Knuckles is this the same as controllers as you are selling? (other than the changes you and crazy are making)

Have you tried the mod yourself to see if it works?

This is a common PCB in China but Keywin uses a better version. Keywin adds his caps and fets and some more electronics to it. He just said he can send you a replacement PCB but it may not be worth the trouble.

I would imagine I will eventually be sending Keywin some items so I guess you could send it to me and I can send it to him (or you just toss it on a shelf and buy a new one from me).

I warranty anything I sell. Goldenmotor is notorious for poor customer support. Good luck dealing with them on returns.

If I can help then just send me a message.

Cheers

Thanks Knuckles, Yeah I tried to contact Philip quite a few times and got no reply and since then I've heard of others having the same trouble, they're quite happy to accept your money but aren't interested in after sales support, I will never buy from them again and will advise others to also avoid them, I'm amased that the controller was blown when I received it, their quality control must be terrible and to then not even reply after receiving a faulty product is discracefull.

If I can't fix this one I will probably just use the small controller that came first, it also has the 75nf75 fets and is set to go on 48v, I have added to the shunt so it runs around 30a now and has no problems with that.

Man that pisses me off! I am glad I never bought from Goldenmotor! (I almost did too - but they played too many games with too many people) So I feel bad for you.

If you get fed up with that "fried on delivery" controller don't throw it out. Keywin and I may just fix it for you on principle alone. ARGHH! I'm pissed! :evil:

So I just received my first batch of 100V mosfet controllers (72V-nominal) from crazy dude. They are on sale for Forum members for $75 + $9.50 shipping.

See my post here ... http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4268&p=63268#p63268

Fechter has the test unit and he has performed "Open Heart Surgery" on the PCB. I believe it STILL LIVES!

Rock on IRON MAN!

fechter said:
Yes, I thought of that.
A Cycle Analyst connection should be fairly easy, even with the stock board. Just need to find a souce of the mating connectors.

I have a bunch of cycleanalyst connectors - $3 paypal (includes shipping) for a Male/Female set.

-JD

Cool How much is a bunch? 5 pair? a dozen? Got a CA unit for $100 too? I want to send Keywin a care package (he sent me some cool stuff for me and my kids and I want to repay the kindness).
we do need a CA so he can bench test in his laboratory (his kitchen - looks even more a mess than mine!)

Toa Chie!

PS Do you ride the board in the back? Do a daffy at 25 MPH+. Look Ma NO HANDS!

Knuckles said:
I actually bought 3 of his original 72V 28 amp controllers which work OK but he had used 75V mosfets (this not good) and he set the cut-off at 62V (too high IMO). The controller works well but refuses to operate over 82V and cuts-off prematurely at 62V. So I told him to SLOW down buck-a-roo. Don't sell these here in USA. So now he bumped up the fets to 100V (I have fet spec sheet) and set cut-off to 59V.
Well I'll be Dang! Keywin insists that the 75nf75 fets (his original 72V controller design) will take 86V. I say no. I had tested it many times and the 75nf75 fets always crapped out at about 82V. Now I did the no-load testing again and they worked up to 86V (tested two orig controllers)! Dang! I am at a bit of a loss to comprehend how a fet rated for max 75V is taking 86V but it just did tonight! It had crapped out on my last tests at 82V and in the field too ... but tonight those 75nf75s worked fine at 86V no-load! Hmmm. I am pleasantly surprised I think.

All in all, however, the 80NF10 fet is a better fet than the 75nf75 fet. Heck ... that's what the specs say after all.
http://98.131.176.65/endless-sphere/75nf75.pdf
http://98.131.176.65/endless-sphere/456-25859-0-STW80NF10.pdf

I bought one of the 72V 28A controllers frpm Keywin a few weeks ago and did a mod on the LVC as per Fechter's excellent instructions. I put a jumper across R3 to lower the LVC from 62V to 22.5V. Tested on my moped (48V SLA) with the wheel off the ground and works fine. 12V brake cutoff works too. I'll be upgrading to 4110's just to keep the heat down (even though I probably won't be going over 72V) and using a Bob/Gary LVC on a LiFe pack.

Excellent. Can you post pics of your mod? Keywin would be stoked to know exactly what you did (me too).

This is what I am talking about. RIP IT APART and MAKE IT BETTER!

Good Job. :D

Back