Chinese VTC6 Clones are confusing the crap out of me please help.

mightbaal

100 mW
Ok so these are claimed 3000 MAH 15 AH continuous and 30 AMP peak per cell. They are listed as IMR batteries which are Lithium Manganese Oxide (LMO). Now I have been testing these and they come out to around 2000 MAH per cell. I have used other clones about 2 years back (probably same battery) for a power wheels upgraded pack no problems at all and those dual motors can pull some peak amps (60A/120A peak BMS protected). I used them in a 6P6S pack. Now the seller doesnt know the chemical composition of these cells much but they sent me a PDF from the factory which mainly has them at Lithium Cobalt Oxide(LiCoO2) which are usually 1c rated. Picture of what they are made of below and the PDF if I can attach it.

Ok that didnt upload lets try this
other_2101111521_00.jpg

https://image.dhgate.com/other_2098882443_00.pdf

You bought fakes, what else did you expect?
If you buy chinese you need to cut ALL ratings by at least 50% or more. Anything less is wishful thinking.

People need to stop looking at chemistry buzzwords and buy cells that has the specs they need. Then you automatically end up with the chemistry you need for your application.

I buy several thousand cells a month and i dont give a shit what xhemistry it is, i only care about current rating, capacity, expected lifespan and price. And i never ever buy fake shit from china. Buy original or dont complain.

Yup

You bought counterfeit crap from China.

China sells wrap for 18650's that are pretty convincing. So they would wrap a scrapped or generic 18650 in a VTC6 wrap.

They will also sell you a 18650 can, with a small button battery wired in there so you get the right voltage, but 1/100'th the Ah capacity.

A simple Youtube search will reveal those tricks, and more.

The major suppliers have rejects that they sell, usually to the no-name brand companies like TrustFire. And people install them in their vaporizors and wonder why they need full facial skin graff when it explodes.

Did you notice that the PDF they sent you, "admit" that the cells are only 2200mah?

The 3000mah on aliexpress is just sales inflation.

This is why I don't buy batteries off Aliexpress and eBay - even trusted sellers. I've seen 12Ah 18650s receive a series of 5 star reviews, because buyers don't know what 12Ah means, let alone test for them. Bigger is just better, right?

Back