Coming Soon iCharger 3010B 1000W Battery Charger

andreym

100 W
Just found here http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=45

3010B.gif

Coming soon.......Will be available around the end of May.

Junsi's engineers have been developing and testing this new charger for almost one year. It will be launched to the market around the end of May. EP Buddy will be among the first tier of dealers to receive this powerful charger. As what we have provided to our present customers, we will continue offering free balance board, free shipping, and good services to our future 3010B users. Furthermore, every 3010B customer who makes order from EP Buddy will receive a gift pack.
We will also provide 1000W and even more powerful power supplies to make this new charger work at full power.

Specifications:
Input voltage range: 4.50 – 38.0VDC seems like can be powered from 12v to 48v meanwell PSU!!! (mine sp-320 could be trimmed down to 37v)
Charge current range: 0.05 – 30.0A
Discharge current range: 0.05 – 30.0A
Maximum charge power capacity: 1000W @ input voltage 23V (500W @ input voltage 12V)
Maximum discharge power capacity: 80W
Maximum regenerative discharge power capacity: 1000W (can somebody explain what that means?)
Maximum extern discharge power capacity: 1200W @ 40V/30A
Current drain for balancing: <350mA
Balance accuracy: <10mV
Lithium (LiPo/LiIo/LiFe) battery cell count: 1-10 series (In non-balance mode, LiFe expandable to 12s)
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count: 1–25 series
Pb battery cell count: 1–18 series (2–36V)
Battery setup memories: 10
Intelligent temperature control: Yes
PC Connect: USB port
Weight: 750g
Dimensions (L X W X D): 143X123X46mm / 5.63'X4.84'X1.81'

Model: 3010B
Manufactured by: Junsi

Who will test it first?
Bit pricey but it should be the most powerfull charger i`ve ever seen!
Why they don`t make 24S charger??? We want 24S !!! :D

andreym said:
Maximum regenerative discharge power capacity: 1000W (can somebody explain what that means?)
I believe it means that you can discharge 1000W by dumping the current into a battery, typically a lead-acid stack. Using the batteries this way means you don't have to get rid of 1000W of heat as would have to be done with a discharge into a "regular" (resistive or active FET) load.

Looks like something similar, in specs at least, to the new FMADirect unit: http://www.fmadirect.com/new_applications/powerlab8.html

I like how these new-type RC chargers have higher input voltages and regenerative discharge features. I'm wondering if these two features could be used together so that in essence, the charger is powered by the pack itself. You could then do a standalone balance on an 8s pack, for instance, and instead of wasting bleed current to heat, it feeds back into the whole pack. Call it "regenerative balancing". :) This would be great for larger pack capacities, as it would balance very quickly.

Ideally, you'd want a supply equal to the 8s max charge voltage also connected to the pack, so that it could charge and balance at the same time, but I'm not sure something like a MeanWell will take kindly to the reverse current potential.

I'm sure our HC friends must have a Turnigy-equivalent in the works, which could bring the price down a bit. The FMSDirect unit is pretty pricey, at about $280 ($240 until May 10th for "preorders"...).

-- Gary

GGoodrum said:
You could then do a standalone balance on an 8s pack, for instance, and instead of wasting bleed current to heat, it feeds back into the whole pack. Call it "regenerative balancing". :)
So basically like these capacitor transfer bms's. It's certainly a better idea than dumping it all as heat

GGoodrum said:
I'm sure our HC friends must have a Turnigy-equivalent in the works, which could bring the price down a bit. The FMSDirect unit is pretty pricey, at about $280 ($240 until May 10th for "preorders"...).

-- Gary

I could see them selling it for less, but the Chargery guy (maker of the iCharger line) and Jason at HK are buddies, and Jason likes the iCharger product line a lot.

Hyena said:
GGoodrum said:
You could then do a standalone balance on an 8s pack, for instance, and instead of wasting bleed current to heat, it feeds back into the whole pack. Call it "regenerative balancing". :)
So basically like these capacitor transfer bms's. It's certainly a better idea than dumping it all as heat

Not quite. Those use the switched cap scheme to transfer small amounts of current (100mA...) between adjacent cells. What I'm talking about is discharging the high cells, back into the whole pack. This could be done at fairly high discharge rates.

You could then do a standalone balance on an 8s pack, for instance, and instead of wasting bleed current to heat, it feeds back into the whole pack. Call it "regenerative balancing". :) This would be great for larger pack capacities, as it would balance very quickly.

I doubt these chargers use per/cell switching circuits for balancing. I've toyed with that idea a while ago (as well as with the switched capacitor one), but did not figured out how to make it cost effective.

liveforphysics said:
I could see them selling it for less, but the Chargery guy (maker of the iCharger line) and Jason at HK are buddies, and Jason likes the iCharger product line a lot.
Slight correction here, Chargery purchases and rebrands a few of the iChargers, as well as chargers from a few other manufacturers. Jun-si is the manufacturer of the iCharger line.

The 3010Bs are slated to be here in ~1 week and will also be available at ProgressiveRC. I've been working and with and testing these units for some time and they are beasts! Charging times for my larger packs has been cut way down.
curious said:
You could then do a standalone balance on an 8s pack, for instance, and instead of wasting bleed current to heat, it feeds back into the whole pack. Call it "regenerative balancing". :) This would be great for larger pack capacities, as it would balance very quickly.

I doubt these chargers use per/cell switching circuits for balancing. I've toyed with that idea a while ago (as well as with the switched capacitor one), but did not figured out how to make it cost effective.
And yes, they use an individual MOSFET on each of the 10 balancing circuits.

Cheers,
David
ProgressiveRC

Back