Conhismotor 48V 1000W with Ping 48V 20ah kit review

my buddy ebike boss friend, sold me 56hall sensor, this will able to work with all the hub motors. bipolar, hall sensor. my test on those hall sensor, it works excellent. my electronic shop building/ 50shops don't even sell them, many told me this is very rare ic chips. it is very hard to find them here. i rather buy them many, it is better then to find them Hi and low.

cheers,
kentlim

Attachments

• IMG_5188.JPG
    IMG_5188.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,627
sorry for some errors i have put up on hall sensor size which i had eariler measure wrongly.. today i got my gift from my elder brother steel vernier caliper. i went to test the hall sensor size , it is 4mm wide. this is accurate, so the honeywell "Digi key, 480- 1999ND ", will also work with this CHM hall senor. it will work.

kentlim

Nice bunch of hall sensors you have there kentlim!

Just asking, are you willing to sell some for those in need for them?

I dont need any now, but maybe in future..

hi Coen,

Yes, i willing sell them. Temporary my hall sensor are kept in a dry box/ electric type. hub motor is still best, becasue it is self - repair possible. unlike my cyclone the hall sensor. the repair is much tougher, seem very impossible to unplug the hall sensor. cyclone hall sensor used the 4mm size too. i bought many, i feel they are harder to find in here. i will be help my friends out too if their hub motor is spoil with hall sensors. i saw my ebike boss has a hall sensor tester/ many kinds of tester, im sure his price will be very cheap. i will ask him one day.

cheers
kentlim

hi Robert,

my test on this hub motor, i can get 95km per charged. when i have to run slow below 40km/h. This isn't accurate to tell how far i could go. For a test on different speed 25km/h - 30km/h , i am using 6.5wh/ km ~ 8wh/ km. abit faster say 3/4 throttle i can do 40km/h +- 3km/h im just using 10 ~ 13wh/ km. it is about efficiency ! my vpower pack can easily do 65km per charged and bmsbattery 48v 12hr can easily do 45km per charged. this Motor is a 32mm magnet in size. most of the time i ride i will take 10- 12wh / km, i will run them as fast as possible. comes to 900watts /cyclone kits i used to have, their range is much lower max range is 55km + and their hall sensor are very difficult to replaced. this hub motor 1000watts is certainly better then 48v 500watts motor compare in term of efficiency. my test on my friend ebike, it need at least 15.4wh/ km to run 40km/h .. abit too high

cheers!
kentlim

Hi coen,

i got my order hall sensor last week ago 19th september, i have ordered 5 hall sensor from Conhismotor too! however my packet i open up, i was surprised to see 17hall sensors + one IC board, = shipping cost USD 18.00. they are selling very good price for hall sensor too, average one hall sensor will be only usd1.05cents only.

today 22/ 9/2010 i have just recieved them, almost one week.

kentlim

Attachments

• IMG_5191.JPG
    296.5 KB · Views: 2,463
hi coen,

today was my off day, i took my some time time to do a test on a free wheel/ no load test on this chatparts.com controller 60v 1800watts/ 18mosfets 4130/ 45amper controller. on vpower 48v will be unable to power on the controller, it needs to add up on more battery +12v sla battery. today i got my top speed from the chatparts, it is 76km/h+ so most likely on load, i will get 66km/h. most properly it will drop 10km/h.
this is the same like my 48v controller 30amps, when it running 60km/h on No load, when is with load it is 50km/h+ 1~ 2. there was another test on cammy hub motor, On No load freewheel test 48v 500watts the freewheel speed is 50km/h, and with load the speed will drop to 40km/h.

cheers
kentlim

Attachments

• IMG_5194.JPG
    IMG_5194.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 2,443
Hi I've been thinking of ditching my current ebike as its heavier than a 1900's tank, for a hub motor and was considering buying the conhismotor that you have used here. One thing I'm not sure about is the choice of battery, on the forums people talk about ping, is there a reason that people use this supplier instead of getting the LiFeP04 with the rest of the kit from conhismotor?

Also can anyone comment on how much harder it is to pedal (unpowered) compared to a normal bike ?

Thanks
Simon

Hi Simon,

The ping battery has a good reputation from many users on this forum and Ping himself gives excellent service and advice if things go wrong. My ping has been very reliable and trouble free. There is no reason not to try a CHM battery after all many others here have been first time buyers of various pieces of gear. You could then review it on this forum :wink:

There is some resistance called 'cogging' from a non-geared hub motor. With the addition of a reasonable sized battery 15-20AH (7 -10kg) pedalling for any distance without power is not much fun unless downhill.

Geared hub motors, by way of plantery gears, can free wheel with no parasitic cogging. If you intend on cycling on a regular basis without assist this may be the way to go.

DSX

Simon_6162 said:
Hi I've been thinking of ditching my current ebike as its heavier than a 1900's tank, for a hub motor and was considering buying the conhismotor that you have used here. One thing I'm not sure about is the choice of battery, on the forums people talk about ping, is there a reason that people use this supplier instead of getting the LiFeP04 with the rest of the kit from conhismotor?

Also can anyone comment on how much harder it is to pedal (unpowered) compared to a normal bike ?

Thanks
Simon

1st, there are a few differences between Conhis and Ping batterys. Conhis is made from 18650 cells and Ping is prismatic cells = foil pouch type.
18650 cells come in large numbers, so the chance of failure is bigger than Ping. Otherhand Ping battery is very hard to repair, if there is something wrong with it.

2nd, from what ive heard, Conhis batterys has a wide quality spread, you could get a good one, or not.
And what i see from their website, i wouldnt be supprised, if their batterys are from Vpower, so you can check that out from ebay aswell.

I have now ridden a Ping 450 kms with average speed of 27,5 kmh and it feels very consistent and reliable battery.

From personal point of view, i would recommend Ping.

my battery suggest is the 48v 12hr/ cells 38140s . Looks like a headway battery. it is lighter 6.7kg, from BMSbattery. For range like 45km, this pack battery will easily last there. i like this pack of battery becasue of its light weight+ is a single cells 12hr. it gives higher top speed compare with vpower battery.

cheers
kentlim

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, my commute is 50km so I need more than 12Ahr I was thinking of 20 or 25, this also solves the discharge problem with the smaller Ping packs. I think the main thing to sway my opinion will be weight, the CSH battery seems to be allot heavier than the Ping one. (5Kg bigger for the same power @ 20Ahr). I have found quite a few other threads of people talking about mis-wired batteries from CHM, but then it is allot cheaper, I'll keep on reading.

Coen - have you tried to work out the maximum range you really get out of your ping pack between charges?

Can I ask where you found out about the type of cells they used, I can't seem to find anything about the CHM packs or the bms they use.

Thanks

Simon

Simon,

no i havent tryed that, because nobody is going to collect me when the battery dies :D

Longest ive ride was something like 50km and then the top speed fallen like 10kms, but its very hard to tell cause i dont have my turnigy connected yet and im a heavy bloke, round 100kgs.

About the cells, i emailed conhis and asked. Yes, we have 48V 20Ah LiFePO4 battery, we use 18650 cells., this is what Jason answered.

Dogman and Doctorbass can tell you about Ping, if youre planning to use that set for years, its a good choice.

Coen

Hey here is a new pic from my e bike with 2x1000w 48v dual hub motors ;) Can someone tell me where can i bay idividual cell charger for my lifepo4 cell it has 16 series thank you ;)

Hi friends,

i think for cells 18650 is said to be the cheapest and the smallest cells. it will has the most cells in a pack to build up a 48v 20hr. my vpower 48v 20hr/ 710 watts total, (actual is 15hr) still perform very well on the run. i have a strong feel, that this 38140s / 12hr each cell/ headways cells are better perform vpower cells. they are 10c cells really stay higher speed = 1km more. i hope there are more people user and post some reviews about the cells 38140s, i am waiting. i can get 51km/h constant speed....That time was i was going home, down a express way a bridge , the stretch of 7km. that road i have to full throttle All the way to keep me safe. other road i will be running 45km/h at least. i have ride 3100km 7th nov 2010. i think my build is completed. some MTB Really needs a troque arm plates+ troque arm to hold the hub from not fall out the bicycle.

i saw ebay do sell individual charger. BMI battery also sell individual some times ago. Ypedal owns them too.

ludiagsm2, your two hub motor looks very nice+ matching design. i am not too sure to add more power to the ebike or not, or should i increase the top speed to 60km/h ? i ask my friend 70kg to try my ebike for top speed, he got 48km/h.

kentlim

kentlim26 said:
Hi friends,

i think for cells 18650 is said to be the cheapest and the smallest cells. it will has the most cells in a pack to build up a 48v 20hr. my vpower 48v 20hr/ 710 watts total, (actual is 15hr) still perform very well on the run. i have a strong feel, that this 38140s / 12hr each cell/ headways cells are better perform vpower cells. they are 10c cells really stay higher speed = 1km more. i hope there are more people user and post some reviews about the cells 38140s, i am waiting. i can get 51km/h constant speed....That time was i was going home, down a express way a bridge , the stretch of 7km. that road i have to full throttle All the way to keep me safe. other road i will be running 45km/h at least. i have ride 3100km 7th nov 2010. i think my build is completed. some MTB Really needs a troque arm plates+ troque arm to hold the hub from not fall out the bicycle.

i saw ebay do sell individual charger. BMI battery also sell individual some times ago. Ypedal owns them too.

ludiagsm2, your two hub motor looks very nice+ matching design. i am not too sure to add more power to the ebike or not, or should i increase the top speed to 60km/h ? i ask my friend 70kg to try my ebike for top speed, he got 48km/h.

kentlim
Hi my battery also was bought from V-Power but i am not satisfied after 15-20 cycles two of parallel sets had zero voltage
i blame the BMS for that .It was 20ah 48v- 16 series with 18 cells in paralel and i decide to open the battery and made some changes. I remov'd damaged cells and finaly made 16ah battery from 16 series with set of 15 cells in parallel all that in triangular form: http://ludiagsm.snimka.bg/tuning/hub-motor-prepravqne-na-lifepo4-bateriq.516779.all

About set of two hubs it has amazing torque the top speed before was 53-54 km/h on flat now top speed is 57km/h and acceleration is crazy :p now i am 98kg and with that 16ah battery i have 25km on full throttle. Now bike can climb upstairs i will made video soon :)

pp:please if you know, give me a link with those chargers

hi ludiagsm2

i ever enquire single charger, but i drop the ideal having 16chargers or 4 charger. but the charging part is abit troublesome. Hobby king has charger for lifepo4, they can check each cells individually. im not too sure. i make them simple, i stay at one charger. Plug it in/ out one time. you can look at hobbyking.com

they have it.
http://www.bmi-energy.com/en_US/Contactus.asp

i will look out for you. i think ebay should have.

2hub motor is 32mm magnet each x 2 = 64mm. bigger then a single x5 motor magnet is 50mm. they told me x5304 motor gets hot very quickly at 55km/h ? im puzzle with that. One motor can easily speed up to 52km/h on my weight is 65kg. SO multiply by 2 hub motor power it can easily give you a good troque even if you are 120kg. the most worry part is the troque arm. you really got to seat down and make one solid troque arm !! if it drops out again, it really needs a metal plate of 3mm to hold onto the same position... " stay there, no move , please!!"

cheers!
kentlim

kentlim26 said:
hi ludiagsm2

i ever enquire single charger, but i drop the ideal having 16chargers or 4 charger. but the charging part is abit troublesome. Hobby king has charger for lifepo4, they can check each cells individually. im not too sure. i make them simple, i stay at one charger. Plug it in/ out one time. you can look at hobbyking.com

they have it.
http://www.bmi-energy.com/en_US/Contactus.asp

i will look out for you. i think ebay should have.

2hub motor is 32mm magnet each x 2 = 64mm. bigger then a single x5 motor magnet is 50mm. they told me x5304 motor gets hot very quickly at 55km/h ? im puzzle with that. One motor can easily speed up to 52km/h on my weight is 65kg. SO multiply by 2 hub motor power it can easily give you a good troque even if you are 120kg. the most worry part is the troque arm. you really got to seat down and make one solid troque arm !! if it drops out again, it really needs a metal plate of 3mm to hold onto the same position... " stay there, no move , please!!"

cheers!
kentlim

Ok Thank you.
The motors didn't get hot i have small torque arm on my rear wheel on the front i steel don't but i will mount one.Otherwise i have more than 300km range with dual hub setup most of the time at full throttle and still here ,no problems :)

DUAL. Two troque arms from conhismotor.com USD25+ (i think is two troque arm)

too badly, it is abit too late for me. i already ordered my troque arm from ebike.ca . the price is abit better Two troque arms is USD25+ i have also build my troque arm plates too. anyway. it will be good thing for a ebike new buyer, they get abit more cheaper. those build a hub motor in the near future, they get a better deal for this troque arm. very nice build too!

kentlim

Attachments

• troque.jpg
    troque.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,522
Back