• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Converting motorcycle into electric

cryzymotor

10 W
Hi Guys,

Now i converting a motorcycle into electric,target as below:
motor:3kw
controller:72V50A
battery:72V15Ah(Samsung25R cells)

It is safety enough for the frame suspension fork?

Anyone show me some good idea?

thanks

Attachments

• 3kw motorcycle rear wheel tire.jpg
    3kw motorcycle rear wheel tire.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 3,766
I thought it was a tiny pit bike until I saw it has a 17" front wheel. I wish I could find something like that here. One think you'll need to do is join the downtube with the frame somewhere near the swingarm. The design used the gas motor to join the two.

I think the type of motor you use should be determined by the type of riding you do. If it's for off road more than just very light trails, then I wouldn't go with a hubmotor, at least not in the wheel.

John in CR said:
I thought it was a tiny pit bike until I saw it has a 17" front wheel. I wish I could find something like that here. One think you'll need to do is join the downtube with the frame somewhere near the swingarm. The design used the gas motor to join the two.

I think the type of motor you use should be determined by the type of riding you do. If it's for off road more than just very light trails, then I wouldn't go with a hubmotor, at least not in the wheel.

Interesting. Keep updating! Looking to build one myself if it is cost effective and can ride one on the freeway.

John in CR said:
Interesting. Keep updating! Looking to build one myself if it is cost effective and can ride one on the freeway.

You guys are lucky. In Norway you can't hardly get plates on anything without crash tests, TÜV approvel and costly engineering testing verifications. Converting a motorcycle into EV will most likely not be legal and get plates. But I guess as people do get plates in Germany for bikes registered as 4 KW mopeds that would be an option also in Norway. With 45 km/h top speed.......

Oh,guys,
I have finished some important work.
Now the motor if finished.
And i ride to top speed 65km/h.And it is very powerful for cross-country. :) It take me fly down the stairs. :twisted:

Attachments

• cross e motor 拷贝.jpg
    cross e motor 拷贝.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 3,231
next work is make a battery case or cover.
Any good ideas?????????

Top power is more than 4000W.
I am 175cm and 65kg weight,I tried many times that up and down stairs easily.And suspensions performs well.
On the unsurfaced road,jump freely.
I will ride in more bad road conditions. :twisted:
When all this cross e-motor is finished,we will make bigger 4000W-8000W motor in 18' rear wheel and 21' front wheel.It is will be for taller more than 180cm rider.

all work finished.
picture here.

Attachments

• cross bike 72V-4000W.jpg
    cross bike 72V-4000W.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 3,057
top speed more than 80km/h,take me fly :D
3 speed control.
72V20Ah battery+50A BMS+72V50A controller

Attachments

• speed above 80km.jpg
    speed above 80km.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,377
Nice job on your build!

I'm still looking into doing something similar, either a motorcycle conversion or doing the LMX, motoped style. I don't really need to go over 40mph, but want something light weight that can handle rough terrain and hills. I've searched through all the aliexpress listings for the motorcycle kits. Where did you end up buying yours? Most of the ones I looked at had pricing around $800. That's enough for me to want to make sure I get the right stuff on my order.

dirkdiggler said:
I'm still looking into doing something similar, either a motorcycle conversion or doing the LMX, motoped style. I don't really need to go over 40mph, but want something light weight that can handle rough terrain and hills. I've searched through all the aliexpress listings for the motorcycle kits. Where did you end up buying yours? Most of the ones I looked at had pricing around $800. That's enough for me to want to make sure I get the right stuff on my order.

i select motor frame just to have enough strength for high speed(over 80km/h or 100km/h) and jump.if you just want a lower and no jump,you can select a aluminum frame light,i dont weigh my total bike(maybe less 50kg).

most kits we buy from motorcycle parts market not from alie or other web,because we can not know all deltail info from the online market.

800USD maybe just for a 1000W high speed motor,torque too small can not handle rough errain and hill.My motor is 2000W at least,top power more than 4000W.And i think 800usd maybe not including battery!?

I was looking at a 5kw motor kit that includes the hub with moto rim and sine wave controller.
Something like this:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...-5kw-motor-kits-made-in-china/2042845702.html
HTB1oh6DFVXXXXXgXVXXq6xXFXXX3.jpg

No batteries for that price!

torqueboards said:
Awesome bike. I want one of those. How much did you spend on your build? How heavy is it holding? Any issues with climbing any steep hills?

Hi
All bike cost me 2200USD.
hub motor:480.0USD
battery:800.0USD
battery case:90.0USD
controller:100.0USD
frame + front wheel + tires=600.0USD
others:130.0USD

and i have not weigh the whole bike(should be less 50kg).I have just ride some stairs for several times,feel very good,no clumbing any steep hills yet for we have snow in my place,we will take some test once possible.

dirkdiggler said:
I was looking at a 5kw motor kit that includes the hub with moto rim and sine wave controller.

if 800USD,it is better for Crystalyte kits,TC motor + 50A controller + others,maybe a little more than 800,but i think the TC motor is good enough.If you want,i like to ask Crystalyte Kenny contact with you.He is my good friends.

Back