Custom 5kW Vector (QS 205v3/Kelly/DNM)

Well it’s done. Just need to make me a bracket for the BMS to hang above the battery. Or I’ll just strap it to the battery maybe.

I only took a few pics during the final stages as I was trying to get it done and forgot to document the last few steps. Pretty much folded the pack in half after I put on my nickel plates with soldered on 6ga wire. Used a torch and some solder...that worked well. It’s not moving. Lol. The. I spit welded those strips with cable on them to the battery ends. So it has the full length of the battery parallel group and cable runs the length of it as well. Wrapped it up in a mile of kapton tape and the neoprene padding. Almost looks like a professional pack. [emoji12]

Maybe in the future I will shrink wrap it. But for now it’s a very snug fit. Just gonna leave it alone as it works to be tight inside the frame.

Took it for a little ride at 75.5 volts it dips down to 60 when full throttle is applied for a bit. So sag is there but performance is bang on. It scoots like crazy and feels great. Nice to have the capacity.

For sure the next project in the bike is a better charging setup. My 3A Charger takes forever to charge it up. I need something like a 15A charge so it does not take forever. Going to try to build a series Mean Well power supply setup from a pair of (LRS-350-48) 48v power supplies. Each puts out a max of 7.3A so hope to get 14A total and 84V once adjusted down on each power supply.

5f7427619ffab4fea7db26888cbafc8f.jpg
20df430d926df4e0559759f1104120bb.jpg
42f440d013a79fff89dbfb308567951e.jpg
86896d96d1a1432fae5a1279f3ca334c.jpg
78e8a692f448839e11d3b441821edc6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is tha Sanyo 60V 150A? Looks like the one but might be any. You are using circuit breaker and relay. Double protection. Have you installed diode on relay? There is magnet/electrical voltage spike when relay coil disengages therefore diode is required to protect controller. Not all controllers require to be protected externally by diode but Sabvoton and other cheap CN controllers needs it.

minde28383 said:
Is tha Sanyo 60V 150A? Looks like the one but might be any. You are using circuit breaker and relay. Double protection. Have you installed diode on relay? There is magnet/electrical voltage spike when relay coil disengages therefore diode is required to protect controller. Not all controllers require to be protected externally by diode but Sabvoton and other cheap CN controllers needs it.
Not Sanyo. Built my own battery pack. Should be able to do 140A and it’s 84V. I do use a relay and breaker. Diode is installed and so is the precharge resistor to protect the Kelly KLS-S 120A controller from power surge.

My bad, mistype, I assumed it is SAYOON relay, not Sanyo.
I keep an eye on these liitoKala 2660. I'm interested how these LittoKala 26650 behave in longer term.

minde28383 said:
My bad, mistype, I assumed it is SAYOON relay, not Sanyo.
I keep an eye on these liitoKala 2660. I'm interested how these LittoKala 26650 behave in longer term.
Oh. Yes. It’s a Sayoon.
3c62f7f35d5d35f760da83c6d5a0d3a1.jpg

I am also soon to have changed battery I look at these litokala but I'm waiting for your return because to read on the internet some advice is not good you go from 70V to 60V under how much current

Back