Cycle Analyst Max Amp issue

zooz

10 W
Hi People,

Recently I purchased a crystalyte 48V 40A controller and a cycle analyst direct-plug-in from ebikes.ca. Everything is nicely done and was easy to wire up. I have never owned a CA before, neither I used one, so please excuse me if I am talking non-sense.

The issue I have is that when I set "Max Amps" to for instance 10A it has no effect, I can still see my controller pulling 40A on a full load from my battery pack. Although, when I set "Max Speed" to 10kph - that works, I notice how my throttle becomes less "powerful" and my ebike does not go any faster than approx 10kph. So my question is that if my CA does not do its job limiting the current or is there something I do not understand?

Thanks in advance!

In addition please see the below pictures, which might be related to my issue if not those values do not seem to be right to me. Does anyone know if that makes sense what I see on my CA?

IMG_20120617_191108.jpg

IMG_20120617_191112.jpg

IMG_20120617_191119.jpg

Thanks again.

Alan B said:
Most likely the wires to the shunt are reversed.
I agree; it is probably the wires inside the controller soldered backwards.

HOWEVER: AFAIK the Crystalyte controllers no longer have an actual CA connector--they use what used to be the CA connector for their own APM connector, which is not the same wiring, AFAICR. So you might want to check with the supplier of the controller about that.

amberwolf said:
Alan B said:
Most likely the wires to the shunt are reversed.
I agree; it is probably the wires inside the controller soldered backwards.

HOWEVER: AFAIK the Crystalyte controllers no longer have an actual CA connector--they use what used to be the CA connector for their own APM connector, which is not the same wiring, AFAICR. So you might want to check with the supplier of the controller about that.

I bought the controller from the same supplier - ebikes.ca which has been modified for CA direct plug-in. I will check my controller. Thanks

Thanks all for helping me to solve my issue with CA.

I opened the controller and swapped blue and white cables of the CA connector, because they were mixed up as suggested by all of you. Happy days, my CA is happy now, so am I. :)

Thanks again.

Back