• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Cycle Analyst Setup Values for "Current Limit"

macfrank

10 µW
All,

I decided to change my e-bike setting, that the CA can control throttle and PAS like described in the user manual (chapter 9.3).
In addition, I also connected the PAS V5 (analog) to the throttle and connected both together to the CA Vi-Input.
The Th-Output from CA provides the throttle signal to the controller.

Before changing this to CA control, the PAS V5 (connected with throttle directly to the controller's throttle input plug) provided a smooth behavior. The faster I moved the pedals the more speed is provided from the hub-motor.

After changing my setup to CA control, the PAS V5 works more like a switch. Moving the pedals will start the motor and will turn it immediately to full speed. It is not possible to increase the motor power softly when pedaling faster.
The throttle has also changed it's behavior. From zero to max throttle I need to move the throttle only about 1/3 of its range. Every throttle position more than 1/3 of it's range will cause full power.

I'm quite sure, that this has to be fixed by changing some values in the CA setting, but I really don't know which setting I have to change.

It would be great, if somebody of the "experts" in this forum can give me some hints or ideas what to modify in the CA setup.

Many thanks!

Back