Cyclone 60 volt 3000 watt performs well

coolbreezz17

10 mW
5-15- 15
Video ride tour On a muddy day 35mph. https://youtu.be/4aLucDD6aE8

PRE installation video https://youtu.be/2GhrBRNvgxg

I thought I'd post another update after Riding this set up for a couple months and talk about how it's holding up and the things I like and don't like.First off the motor ,controller set up works great.I personally haven't pushed my bike to the 40Mph max that is Advertised but I have pushed it to 35mph on a daily basis which Feels pretty fast on a bike.I can definitely tell you this bike will go over 40Mph easy I still have 4 Gears left at 35.At this Speed I can see the motor flex from the torque when I first start getting up there In Speed which I don't like but may be necessary to keep something from snapping from the force.I also dislike some of the hardware used like the Dicta freewheel which is used on a lot of cheap bikes.This definitely should be upgraded.As far as the motors concerned I have been satisfied with its performance and has carried me up many steep hills with no problem whatsoever.For a kit that cost $600 that's including shipping , I would say it's a great buy for something that can perform the way this kit does.I didn't find many for this price range that could perform and reach Speeds that this kit can.Now the next qestion is Will this kit last over time and I really can't say.But being that its electric and not combustion like my motorcycles I can't see it costing me as much to maintain in the long run as it has fewer moving parts.All in all I am satisfied with my purchase and have no regrets.happy trails 

Ps if you're interested in this kit I purchased it from 
turbobikeKit.com

[ quote=" Nobuo "].it is a really good price for such speeds.

How many Ah inside the battery?

Is the motor as noisy as it looks in the video, or just because the recording?[/quote]

It actually seems a lot noisier on the video than it really is,You get used to it real quick.I was only running a 60v 15ah pack there because it was just a short off road trip.

I have the same kit and share coolbreezz's views. The mounts do flex under the strong torque during takeoff. I have had them flex enough to pop the chain a few times but not frequently. The overall mounting system is weak.

The motor is fairly loud under hard acceleration but quiets down once up to speed. it is definitely louder than a hub motor, but I guess all mid-drive motors are. The bike is a mountain goat in climbing ability while also being capable of 37mph (my top speed). I'm currently running a 14s10p pack made up of reclaimed 18650 cells (comes out to about 56v @ 20ah). I've gone as far as 30 miles with plenty of capacity left so the motor seems to be fairly efficient. It never gets even warm, its smooth (no stepping) and is not overly heavy. I've put around 430 miles on mine so far with no failures. I also purchased from Turbobikekit and had it to my address in 7 days - but be aware that they drop ship from the Chinese manufacturer.

My only complaint (other than the flex under accel) is that the motor is internally geared so it's quite long. This means the kit has an extended BB and the pedals stick out a good 3 inches wider than normal.

As far as recommendations go, I don't know of any mid-drive kit anywhere that is as powerful as this one for under 600 USD. There are much better build quality and engineered kits (like the lightningrods kit) but they start at much higher costs. Now that I'm a seasoned e-bike guy, I'd probably buy a Lightningrods kit, but the Cyclone kit is a beast for the price.

This kit is poorly designed .The mounting bracket's and the freewheel is also Poor quality .

White industries makes a good freewheel.

Brackets are junk. People should know that before buying the kit. They need be reinforced to keep them from flexing. Plenty of ways to do that listed in the thread. Stupid thing on their part to not change this. The kit has a ton of potential, especially given the price for such a high powered setup. Nothing else compares to it without spending double or triple the price. Also much much lighter than a BBSHD kit. Frustrating that the company doesn't do anything about the brackets. It'd be such an easy fix for them to add a brace or just make it one piece.
I however love this kit and my BBS 750w mid-drive and hub motor bikes sit as the Cyclone is my go to bike. Its still not perfect and I get chain pops every once in a while, but I'll take that because 95% of the time it is a blast to ride.

I have the same kit and share coolbreezz's views. The mounts do flex under the strong torque during takeoff. I have had them flex enough to pop the chain a few times ...

Yeah the brackets seem weak that would explain why AFT upgraded them here : http://www.aft-ebike.com/c3000w.html

But then again they run their's at 72v and higher peak power it seems, so maybe that's why they had to make them thicker ?

How much lighter is this C3000w than the BBSHD ?

Cyclone is 10 lbs and the Bbshd is like 18 lbs. You will be $400 lighter in the wallet though!

coolbreezz17 said:
This kit is complete garbage.The mounting bracket's are junk .The freewheel is also garbage.

The 14t included freewheel is not reliable. But the upgrade 13t freewheel has proven itself in the pedicab application I use it for.

I can't comment on the bracketry, because I haven't used any of it. But oftentimes these things are only as good as the skill of the installer.

The gearmotors themselves haven't given us a hint of trouble in fleet service, and the controllers seem reliable too (though we preemptively replace the power and phase connectors with 75A Powerpoles).

Chalo,

But oftentimes these things are only as good as the skill of the installer.

The whole premise that this f*cking thread is taking on is DUMB -- it shows evidence of the dumb trying to educate the dumber?

Not you Chalo!

And the Others that know.......................from experience.................about the C-3000 .................And we know it works very well...........

for the $$

and the skill of the installer

No skills? Don't buy it.

I run 88v at 60 amps and use 4 gear clamps to stabilize the motor/frame.

Want to Bitch?..........go join Endless on Facebook...........for thumbs up!

I think everyone is entitled to their honest opinion . I definitely won't start name callng because I disagree with someone else's side of view .As far as the cyclone mid drive setup I think anyone that's actually owned this kit knows its weaknesses and also its benefits . The motor itself is vary reliable . If you want to make your own mounting bracket's or mod it then this could be a very affordable option for you . Otherwise I would stick to something with a little better design. That being said I am no engineer or electrician. I build electric vehicles and other electric toys for fun as a hobby which I'm guessing most of us do .

On a side note....
This forum is a great place to educate , share ideas , builds and get feedback .I have always found most people on here helpful and polite .

Back