DD Motor issue Barely spins

Danschutz

10 W
Wyoming. We have at least 6 months of winter follo
Just bought a used bike with really low hours and everything was great for the first couple miles that I rode around the neighborhood. Here is the original post
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61408

Here is an excerpt from that post.

So.
My first issue popped up. I just made it to the other side of my block and the bike was running great. I thought I'd double check to make sure the APM was set for 28 inch wheels. After confirming this by going through the menu the bike barely wanted to move. I shut it down and disconnected the battery and then plugged it back in and it still had no power. APM showed everything was in tip top shape then again with the throttle and now nothing, dead throttle.

Peddled back to the house and spun the rear wheel and it was tight. Loosened the rear brake and eventually just removed the entire caliper. The wheel now spins by hand using just a little force and then it frees up for a second and then back to using a little force to turn it. Feels like a bent rotor would feel but the caliper isn't there.

Please help! Super happy to bummed lol.

Then my next post.
I disconnected the motor and no change, the wheel barely spins. I did notice that the wheel resists spinning for almost exactly three quarters of a rotation and then frees up for a quarter rotation and then back to barely moving.

I will add that I upped the current on the APM from 23 to 25 not exceeding the controller amps.

I didn't want to double post but lets face it a Ute post isn't going to attract much attention :)

Thanks guys,
Dan L.

Just talked with Electric Rider and they are pretty sure its either rust in the wheel or two wires touching around or near the axle. Im thinking it must be the wires although everything looks great on the outside (no rub marks or cuts) because I was just riding it and the bike was running fantastic. I remember thinking wow this bike is big and heavy but the throttle response was so nice.

FWIW if you ever need to send a motor to them they'll go through it for 100 bucks. Hopefully its just a wire :)
Dan L.

Back