• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Dealing with Kennedy Alternative Energy

RPA

100 mW
I'm wondering how other peoples experiences have been with this company. I bought 58 headway cells, intercell connectors, a BMS, and a charger from them. The batteries and the charger work fine but the BMS isn't working. So I emailed them about my problem and they just ignore me. I gave them $1900 for everything and I'm getting no customer support what so ever. Since I can't contact them about it I want to find out if any one else have had problems with these guys.

I've bought 2 BMS' from them & 16 headway cells but so far everything has worked out of the box so no problems.
I had the same problems you are currently having with kennedy but my trouble was with evcomponents.com so I would NEVER use them again. Evcomponents never made good on their bad bms but I hope you have better luck with kennedy.

Here is the whois lookup info on kennedy if it will do you any good,,it gives you a phone # to try.

Administrative Contact:
Kennedy, Joseph JosephKennedy7@gmail.com
Kennedy Alternative Energy
3050 Rue D' Orleans #203
San Diego, California 92110
United States
(619) 400-7691

Those guys have no room to bad-mouth anybody,,,if you get something from them that doesn't work it's all your problem from then on!

Who have you emailed Ruger? I haven't heard anything about your BMS issue.... email me at travis@evcomponents.com

Every customer that has come to me about the BMS has gotten some sort of resolution. If someone else ignored your email or didn't "make good", I'm sorry. We have had a few people come and go and some customers issues got lost in the process. We've refunded customers the cost of a replacement BMS for those that have failed/not met spec.

We stopped selling packs with the headway BMS due to the possibility of failure. It seems like a few people have had problems with these styles of BMS....

We have actually sent people to Kennedy Alt Energy for BMS, so I hope the issue gets resolved.

Thanks for the information Ruger!

Frodus,,I have sent 5 emails to "Customer Feedback for Electric Vehicle Components LLC" whitch go to dave@evcomponents.com,,,all unresponded to.

I will mail you today,,,thx.

I talked to Frodus & he seems to be one of the "good guys" I am going to mail kennedy & ask him to respond to this thread since I have also bought quite a bit of product from them too.

Good luck RPA I hope kennedy straightens things out for you...I think your thread may have solved mine.

Justin,

My apologies this is the first I have become aware of this issue, and this thread. If I recall correctly you ordered a custom manufactured 29s BMS, is that correct? I personnally have no technical knowledge about this particular BMS but I have contacted the manufacturer for input, however I am going to need more information about what is exactly the nature of the problem you are having. Please feel free to contact me directly at service@kenalten.com. Thank you!

Best regards,

Joseph

PS - Please do not use the gmail address (josephkennedy7@gmail.com) as it is one of my personal accounts and is rarely checked.

Got my batts no problem on time. Charger died and was offered one at cost. There is a tradition to US and Canadian companies for not honoring warranties at ALL for sales across the border.
Had a BMS die and got a replacement inside warranty.

I have bought chargers from them a couple times. No problems with the chargers or the service. Satisfied customer. I can't speak for them but I can say in general most ebike companies are Mom and Pop operations, you are not dealing with Amazon or Walmart. Maybe someone was sick or got busy on a side job. Email more than once (I know you did this) and also call. Make sure you have a legitimate beef before damaging someone's reputation on this forum. However, If anyone gets ripped off, post it. Any one negative post should not necessarily be taken at face value until verified. It could be a bogus claim by a competitor or somone with a grudge.

RPA,

I purchased 12xcells for 36V10ah, a charger and a BMS and I got same problem with you.

After couples of days and efforts (of course money) to figure out what's problematic among a controller, motor, battery cells, and BMS, I finally found that the chinese BMS was crap. so I contacted joseph, and he replied like

"I do not offer any warranty personally"
and he said he forwarded my email to the manufacturer, then nothing happened. end of the story.

because I saw him in ES, I trusted his reputation. Now I would not recommend him. I had to buy new BMS from US online store like batteryspace.com and it works.

Sunny,

KAE said:
Justin,

My apologies this is the first I have become aware of this issue, and this thread. If I recall correctly you ordered a custom manufactured 29s BMS, is that correct? I personnally have no technical knowledge about this particular BMS but I have contacted the manufacturer for input, however I am going to need more information about what is exactly the nature of the problem you are having. Please feel free to contact me directly at service@kenalten.com. Thank you!

Best regards,

Joseph

PS - Please do not use the gmail address (josephkennedy7@gmail.com) as it is one of my personal accounts and is rarely checked.

Thanks for responding. Yes, this is the custom 29s BMS. I sent you an email about the problem.

Back