Dost Kope pre-order cancelled well before shipping, no refund to date.

mata2maui

1 µW
Aloha. I have not posted here in a few years; I even forgot my old log-in info with my old email, so I had to create a new account. I am posting to let folks considering a Dost product know about my experience with them. I Ordered the Dost Kope on 5/4 for late June delivery, then I cancelled by phone 5/15 after learning I would be out of state for the summer on a gig job (also Dost pushed the shipping to August). Their rep told me the refund would be issued in "a few days". When I did not get a refund after two weeks, I emailed customer support and they replied with the email posted here. So, I contacted World Elite MasterCard today and they advise it takes a week or so for cc refunds from merchants to post to the account, but that the refund would be pending as soon as the merchant issues it. They confirmed my cc account has no posted or pending refund for the transaction in question, 19 days after I cancelled the purchase. Yet Dost reps by phone and email told me the refund was issued. Wondering why they would do that? I have no idea if they are having money issues or what. I emailed Dost customer support asking what date the refund was issued and never heard back from them, I will follow-up with this thread until conclusion. This is not a 'hit and run' post, I think Dost makes some good ebikes. I ordered the Kope Chain for the 48v system matched with top components and a great motor. My plan was to re-order once I know I will be home for delivery but now I wonder about having to pre-order and pay-up front with this company.Web capture_1-6-2023_101640_.jpeg

Last edited:
FYI, Dost advertises a 100% refund policy when you "cancel before shipping" and/or a 14-day return window after you receive the bike less a $200 fee. I assume they do this so customers feel comfortable with having to pre-order, pay in full upfront, and then wait weeks or even months to get delivery.

canvas.png

Last edited:
Back