• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Disabling pedal assist (KT-LCD3 meter)

phytema

1 mW
Hi all

I am using a KT-LCD3 bicycle meter and I want to disable pedal assist. How do I do that? I have the manual for KT-LCD3 but can't find the relevant bit.

You cannot disable PAS, but you can set it so it starts in PAS 0, which is no assist. Set C3-0, as that that determines what PAS level the LCD uses on powerup. Choosing 0 makes it start in PAS 0. Choosing 1 starts in PAS 1, etc.

Then set the throttle to always be ON. I believe C4=3 and P4=0 will do this. If set at the default C4-0, the throttle is only active in PAS 1 and higher.

Thanks for the reply and happy new year!

You cannot disable PAS, but you can set it so it starts in PAS 0, which is no assist.

I am a bit confused with the terms "disabling PAS" and setting PAS to "no assist". If I understand correctly, setting C3 to 0 means that the motor is active only when I use the throttle? Pedaling has no effect on the motor?

Yes, you can unplug the sensor, but that makes you reconnect it should you want to use pedal assist later. Not a big deal, unless you have dressed up the connectors under tape, etc.

C3 determines the level of pedal assist when the controller powers up. Setting it to 0 means no assist. Setting it to 5 gets you PAS5 on powerup. Setting it to 7 got me PAS 6, although the LCD only supports 5 levels.

Set C4=3, P4 = 0, and throttle is enabled. If you don't set C3 right, the throttle only works when you have PAS 1 and higher.

These settings work on my bikes.

docw009 said:
C3 determines the level of pedal assist when the controller powers up. Setting it to 0 means no assist. Setting it to 5 gets you PAS5 on powerup. Setting it to 7 got me PAS 6, although the LCD only supports 5 levels.

Interesting. What's that mean? If you ride with PAS 6, is there a difference from PAS 5?

Back