Display for 72v BAC8000?

emotofreak

100 mW
Hello All, I wouldn't be surprised if this is already answered on here somewhere, but I couldn't find it, so be easy on me :)

I have a BAC8000 with eggrider V2. For the life of me I cannot seem the get any useful info out of the eggrider. The display shows voltage as 12.4 which is the supply voltage (I assume) from the BAC, but not the actual 72v pack voltage. I cannot get the Amps or Power fields to work either. I have upgraded to the latest eggrider firmware.

The data I desire to be displayed is:
72v Battery Voltage and SOC
Battery Power (Watts or Amps)
Motor Temperature
Controller Temperature

A couple questions:
Can the Eggrider work with the ASI BAC8000 and 72v? Can it give me the data I want? Any tutorials or info would be appreciated.
Any other display options that might work for me?

Thanks so much for any advice!

When this has come up before, the only answer determined was that ERT's custom firmware (which you have to buy from them, and I'd guess it only comes with their hardware) was the way to get the Eggrider to work with the ASI stuff. But there weren't any followups showing that actually working, so that's a gamble (moreso simply because it's ERT, based on posts by various members over the years). :(

ASI themselves sell displays that are customized for their controllers, but I don't know if any of them do what you want--you'd have to ask them directly about that.

Theoretically, there are a number of compatible displays, according to ASI's info, but whether any of them will work without ASI's setup / firmware / etc., or will display the info you want (with or without their fw), I have no idea. :( I would check their website's product data sheets and the like for you but they're not available without filling out their contact forms and whatnot. :/ Pretty silly to not even let someone see what something is capable of if just browsing the site...but that's apparently just how ASI works. "Secretive" and "uncommunicative" are two of several things that always come to my mind whenever ASI is mentioned. :(

Every single controller manufacturer abhors the DIYer market, actively discourages us from trying to do what we do using their stuff.

An OEM seeking multiple containers, or at least pallet quantities presumably does get support but that's on an engineer to engineer shorthand level.

No. ASI is not for bitches. Real men only need a voltmeter...

john61ct said:
Every single controller manufacturer abhors the DIYer market, actively discourages us from trying to do what we do using their stuff.

An OEM seeking multiple containers, or at least pallet quantities presumably does get support but that's on an engineer to engineer shorthand level.

Do you know of any oem that uses ASI as a component in a product? Who do they sell to, how do they make any money? What product can I buy that incorporates a BAC8000?

On the Bac8000:The BacDoor ap has the option under displays for I think 12 different display options.Mine is set to off,but I would like a display that I can see while I ride.
Options are :
Disabled
SWLCD open 9 mode
SWLCD ( closed)
Reserved
KM5(open)9 mode
KM5 (open)5 mode
Wuxing3mode
Bafang display
KM5s
Big Stone
Bafang Bms
Other ( if you click this one it ask you to set decimal point?)

Historically, their niche was distributed HVAC control systems in industry and large building projects, also lighting and energy controls generally.

If you mean ebikes I doubt that niche is a significant share of their business, but Luna and CYC, maybe Sur On? are examples.

These guys might be worth talking to, please report back here if you do

https://teznic.com/products/bac8000-controller

Back