Does anybody know how to get the LED to turn on?

If the switch works when on but the led doesnt work then its an Aliexpress mystery. The led probably never worked, they probably got cases and cases of that to get rid of. At 29 cents a switch no wonder it doesnt work, I'd guess a genuine switch like that if you could find it in a store would be $2+ each. I checked out mouser for a quick second, they have other styles if your interested with a light or led. One where the whole rocker switch lights up when its turned on.

How quickly do you require the led to work?
Mouser.com is a good source for professional products.

Do you require a specific size for switch to mount somewhere?

Did you hook up the wires correctly on the 3 metal tabs of the rocker led sw?
led have a neg side and pos side for current to flow and turn on led, if its reversed led wont turn on.
If you google spst, click on images it will give you a clear schematic of the way the spst sw works. Theres spdt single pole double throw and higher. Then there is normally open or N.O. or could be (NO) means normally open.

Last edited:
This on / off switch says the LED will turn ON in the on position but I haven't gotten it to turn on. I am getting a bike ready to sell. Need to have some indicators for the average Joe.

The switch requires power and load, so two of the pins. An LED requires power and ground, the third pin. How did you wire it?
The LED would be powered by the load and ground pins to turn on when toggled to the on position.

The switch requires power and load, so two of the pins. An LED requires power and ground, the third pin. How did you wire it?
The LED would be powered by the load and ground pins to turn on when toggled to the on position.
No, I couldnt figure out how the third pin works

SHould I just run a wire from it to a metal screw or something?

Last edited:
OK looks like I just need to run the negative of the battery to the ground pin (special gold pin) in order for the LED to turn on because the LED needs power to turn on. I get it.

All I did was wire the positive through the two same looking prongs, leaving the special gold one un connected. But the LED never came on. OF course it wouldn't seeing as how it needs power to turn on as well.

Edit: actually none of the switches on Ali can handle 48 DC or at least the LEDs can't.

Last edited:
Back