Problems with Lunacycle - GOT DENTED RIM

Side note..

When em3ev ( who i am a big fan of ) got started, the first product i received from them in uh.. 2010? had a dented rim.
Paul quickly shipped me another one at no cost, all the way from China. I paid the labor to have it respoked. No problem.
But Paul was completely new to this and was just reselling basic kits on the forum at a rock bottom price back then. $125 plus shipping for a complete geared kit!

Since then, i haven't heard many incidents of things like this happening with em3ev, and they move a hell of a lot of product. I've made about 6 orders with them since, and everything i received was absolutely perfect. The 3 motor wheels i ordered were perfectly true out of the box.

This may simply be a matter of whether the company inspects the products they receive or not. You cannot depend on China to do proper quality control. If lunacycle is shipping things like this, they still haven't decided to do a secondary QC pass and are directly re-shipping Chinese goods received at the port of Los Angeles.

You might as well stick your wad of cash into the aliexpress glory hole and save yourself some money if that's the case.

There are plenty of vendors in the USA who do this still, unfortunately. Most of them are inexperienced or new to the game.

A drama invented by that lot. Justin has never strayed into the nuttiest stuff they put out. Despite constant run downs of Grin best products.

To me, it seems disingenuous for someone who owns a web site to allow his moderator(s) to bash a competitor. I think they should be neutral and their function is to maintain the integrity of the forum, but sadly, not always so.

2old said:
To me, it seems disingenuous for someone who owns a web site to allow his moderator(s) to bash a competitor. I think they should be neutral and their function is to maintain the integrity of the forum, but sadly, not always so.

Justin is hands off and doesn't tell us what to do, or not to do.
I'm sorry i don't hold up to some arbitrary standard of angelicness.

Eric sure doesn't. He's still got multiple "influencers" on his pay roll. He bans people on his forum speaking ill of his company or the products they sell.
There are some members here who get paid to write articles for Eric. Again, Justin could care less. He knows that this place's value is the free exchange of information as well as the people who have been here since the 2000's.

I wouldn't be here if some company called the shots on things like this. You couldn't ask for a better situation - to have an owner who does not actively manipulate public opinion.

Last word from me on this subject: I think it's inane, and should be disallowed for any individual to criticize a company unless that person has been a customer. Have you ever purchased from Luna?

That would be an extremely hard rule to enforce.
But to answer your question, yes, i've bought stuff from them before.

Sells for bottom dollar? They have the highest markup on quite a few products. Notably BBSXX products. Consider the claim to be the largest N American reseller. The margin is MUCH better with Bafang. With Bafang it’s all about the dollar, greed, and served with poor support. Those other fellas selling you spare parts struggle to keep the supply chain flowing.

Back