Drone Surfing

CNCAddict

100 W
The company I work for made a new video that may be interesting to you guys. Might need a new section at ES for aircraft/watercraft hybrids ;)

[youtube]BuRf6r0LuL8[/youtube]

Dauntless said:
Got one big enough to tow a sabot?

I have one with ~85lbs of thrust overhead. Would that tow your boat?

liveforphysics said:
Dauntless said:
Got one big enough to tow a sabot?

I have one with ~85lbs of thrust overhead. Would that tow your boat?

That's a very good question, I don't know what it would take. I said sabot because they're small, this is what JFK was the teenage sailing champion in around 1930. My friends wife grew up with the kids sailing one in their family, I could see even the hardcore types wanting to get out on the water on a still day. For one ting it wouldn't be so crowded.

slide5.jpg

There is a big difference between a keen sail enthusiast, and someone who might want to ride in a powered boat.
But , link that drone tow up to a foil board and you really would have some fun.
PS:- is that drone flying autominously somehow , or is there a pilot standing on the beach ?

Hillhater said:
There is a big difference between a keen sail enthusiast, and someone who might want to ride in a powered boat.

And that difference is the keen sail enthusiast would be raring to go and get himself out on the water and becalmed. . . .

The camera is on a drone too, so must be two people controllers the two drones.
It looks cool, so how powerful would that drone be towing the surfer?
Would not a RC boat be more logical?

markz said:
The camera is on a drone too, so must be two people controllers the two drones.
It looks cool, so how powerful would that drone be towing the surfer?
Would not a RC boat be more logical?
For water ski, or wake board , it takes minimum 10-15 hp just to keep the rider (and the tow boat). on the plane.
A water start would need 3-4 times that amount !...minimum
So that must be one tough drone. ,!

Back