Dual battery Setup Can I charge both batteries thru one port?

Hi,

I have a dual battery setup with two batteries of exact voltage Hooked up in parallel.

My question is can I charge both batteries by hooking charger to just one battery?

I am not using a battery blender

Thanks in advance

Cryingmadman

“Ain’t my fault my brother is my sister”

Inbred cult member

It depends.
If the batteries have a single port BMS, then it will work. If they have a two port BMS, then one of them will not have overcharge protection during charging, which could be dangerous. It may be hard to tell which style of BMS you have without taking things apart and looking. With a single port, charging and discharging are done through the same pair of wires. Two port means there is a separate pair of wires for charging.

A battery ?
What a battery ?
Can you give us a little information about ( a battery )
A link some pics maybe a brand name. What voltage ?

A battery ?
What a battery ?
Can you give us a little information about ( a battery )
A link some pics maybe a brand name. What voltage ?
Hi zip,

Dual 48 volt batteries one is 19.2 ah and the other is 15 ah

I followed instructions and got them at same voltage by getting them at same voltage and then ran down voltage and charged them up thru 19.2 ah battery and they charged perfectly per instruction the 2nd battery has one port discharge and charging that’s 15 ah battery.

I am very confident I can keep them in working in parallel as long as I keeps monitoring voltage on both. The trike runs like scalded dog with dual set up

What does that mean scaled dog.

Where did the saying scalded dog come from?

This saying originated back when people used to cook, can, and preserve food outside, and occasionally a hungry dog that was sniffing around for scraps would get some boiling water spilled on it accidentally, or as I'm ashamed to admit, on purpose, by some impatient or mean human who wanted the animal out from ...

Is this what you meant ?
Do you have ah meter ?

What does that mean scaled dog.

Where did the saying scalded dog come from?

This saying originated back when people used to cook, can, and preserve food outside, and occasionally a hungry dog that was sniffing around for scraps would get some boiling water spilled on it accidentally, or as I'm ashamed to admit, on purpose, by some impatient or mean human who wanted the animal out from ...

Is this what you meant ?
Do you have ah meter ?
No ah meter except ca witch is not Hooked up to this rolling bucket of bolts

KETOTEK Digital Ammeter Voltmeter DC Voltage Current Power Energy Meter 6.5V~100V with 100A Shunt, DC Volt Amp Watt KWh Meter Panel Gauge LCD Display 4 in 1 Multimeter Solar https://a.co/d/4J6Z900D

Does the shunt in this meter get very hot ?

I'm thinking of getting this meter as I don't want to open up the controller I'm using and it's still under warranty. I read that you can put the six pin jst connector on most controllers to hook up your cycle analysis.

Back