Duct Tape E-Bay Lifepo4s???

View attachment 6

After much apprehension, the package arrived, I opened it in my car so no pictures, - it was well packaged and there was no damage! :lol: My scale is very accurate this 36v 15AH (to be determined) weighs 11.5 lbs.
2.jpg

Duct tape ain't so bad after all. I get to see the cells. I will shrink wrap them later after a diagnostic run. They are polymer lithium iron phosphates.

3.jpg

I wanted to move the bms to the top of the batteries.

4.jpg

Why not add more duct tape!
5.jpg

A bit of tool box liner for protection!

6.jpg

7.jpg

My 30 Amp breaker, 30 amps is plenty for me.

Tomorrow is the big test ride. If it does not pour raining or snow.

John,

Hey good luck with the new pack.. Mine is still workng great. Did you get yours from ping or anna

Thanks Arbiker, I have them on the charger right now, I purchased them from Anna. I just finished putting on the andersons and soldering the battery charger connector and adding my fuse. I am looking forward to trying them out! I have a YESA 12Ah lifepo4 pack as well which has gone through 4-5 cycles. I like lifepo4 so far! :lol:

I forgot to ask, does your battery look the same, could you tell if the cells are polymer? How did you package yours to protect them from the elements?

That is awsome.

I think she had better prices than PIng.. I paid about 400 for mine and was thinking dang it i hate i could have got it cheaper . However, That is still soooo cheap for lifepo and it has worked for over a week. I have not really had time to run it thru some cycles to see what it really can do . But so far i have got a a couple of 30 mile days out of it.. That is pretty good in my book and i was going to pay about the same for a 36 10 amp hour from battery space... So i am really happy.

I am a new e biker but hooked.. I am glad yours came from anna . I have one on order from her as well .

YEss it is excatly like yours...

I am not sure what type of lifepo it is . But it is the small thin cells if that is the same. I have a Jannd products trunk bag ( the bag has half inch foam)and that is what mine is in. I did use some of the bubble wrap for now . It has been ok since it is cool but i dont think it will work when it gets hotter. Or if i start to draw more amps.. I think my controler is 20 amps . I would like to run more volts.. But i dont think i want to worry about screwing the packs up and have no idea how safe it would be to run them in a series ...

Instead i think i am going to go with a 48 and for more speed maybe a 5 series motor ... Right now i am running a bl 36 the 36 volts push it to 20 to 22 the whole time ..

Don ,

Beats the hell out of me.. I guss if i ever get 500 cycles out of it .. Heck if i get that many i will be happy .. Honestly, I have no idea. I really need to take some pics....

If i get in a second pack. I might need to mail it to one of you guys that really know about this stuff.. Might be worth the postage for someone to really find out what is out there.

One clue is any pack you get should have an MSDS certificate which will tell you the chemistry of the pack. I can't believe the Chinese can ship these packs without it ??? But then again, when you buy a Chinese pack you really have nothing to certify it. You should ask your supplier to furnish the MSDS for your pack.

Thanks Mr. oh, so helpful Harmon :roll:

MSDS=Material Safety Data Sheet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Material_safety_data_sheet

In the U.S., the Occupational Safety and Health Administration requires that MSDS be available to employees for potentially harmful substances handled in the workplace under the Hazard Communication regulation.

-S

Yeah ,

I have knew what the MSDS was but .. It did not come with one... But either way i was pretty happy it is working ..

FLetcher ,

You are killing me.. Did i say i was from Arkansas.. Heck we cant win a bowl game and i sure as in hell dont know how to mesure the cell voltage..

I have been afraid to pull the tape off and touch it...

Don, maybe it's just me, but sounds like you are worried they might work.

I am glad they work, and really hope they continue to do so. I have a vested interest in seeing LiFePO4 WORK. :D

One test is worth a thousand expert opinions. - and here are the results!

testmach.jpg My test machine!

amps.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

whrs.jpg

From this run this is the only battery that delivered its rated capacity under e-bike loads! I am very impressed. It was a good run!

OK, duct tape rules... so far. :D

That's a very encouraging sign. It will be interesting to see how the capacity holds up over many cycles.

Good to hear they work well for you.

Are they better than the "Yesa" pack you bought earlier? Because Yesa sells the green cylindrical cells for $35.00 each, they have the same specs and look identical to "Lifebatt" cells which sell for $55.00 each.

They are lighter. The Yesa pack is 12AH and 11.5 lbs. However it does seem quite sturdy. The duct tape pack is 15AH and also 11.5 lbs. The Yesa pack has 12 cells, so it is nice to diagnose if there is a problem. I think this battery has 36 cells, so if there is a problem it will not be fun to diagnose. I get around 11.4 ah out of the Yesa pack with a cut out of roughly 34 volts. The Yesa BMS is more sophisticated. I have not cut it out on peak draw and I have had currents up to 49A peak only (not on my bike but a friends) as measured by a watts up. I am not sure how either pack would hold up to high 5 series draws of sustained 40 amps. More testing is required! :lol:

The YESA cells in my pack are square. I would have to use my cycleanalyst to watch the real time performance. It is hooked up to another bike with a maximum current draw of 17 AMPs - So I did not use that bike for testing the pack.

Guys,

Sorry i dont have a watts meter.. Or any meter. I did get in a 30 mile day again today .. On one charge riding at 20 mph the whole time. One day i will run it till it cuts off and post to let you guys know. Or get a watts meter..

Thanks everyone for the advice on things.

Arbiker

Back